Embedded Dice Support - Page 2 of 14

QUOTE (Diarmadhim)Are your bonuses from the - Page 2 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 28th Jun, 2015 - 11:30am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (14) »
Closed
Discuss  Embedded Dice Support This just for you to see how Dice Rolls are formulated. This only works for Game Master's who have GMaster status and requested it for their Game.
Create RPG Character Dice JB's Maps RP Etiquette RPG Etiquette JB's SRD Game Master GM Stats
18th Jun, 2015 - 6:59am / Post ID: #

Embedded Dice Support - Page 2

Thanks a lot for implementing this, it's great!

Although I also have improvements to suggest as well.
At the moment, negatives show up with +- in front which is not aesthetic and a bit ambiguous.
Second, I have to search specifically for natural 20 or 1 results, it would be nice to have a maximum die result show up underlined or in italics or both.

Third, and I imagine this would be difficult to implement, exploding dice. On a maximum result some dice should roll again, perhaps in brackets like "25(19)". I know I would use this to confirm critical hits on the d20 and in the World of Darkness system, a 10 on a d10 is rolled again to add more successes. If it's easy to implement, it would be nice, but I can live without it. Perhaps you could poll the members to see if they want it?

I assume the first two can be done quickly, but I hope I don't sound too nagging with this post.

ICon Character Results:
  • Minus example on D20 (-1): 16, 4 (2 rolls)

Sponsored Links:
18th Jun, 2015 - 10:11am / Post ID: #
Dice Master

Character
Game Master ◀
Not Not Approved ?

Support Dice Embedded

Ignoble says...

international QUOTE (ICon)
At the moment, negatives show up with +-

I did see it happen in a couple of places but I have not looked to see what is causing it. In your example above it doesn't happen. Without testing it could be that a space is being inserted before the "-".

international QUOTE
I have to search specifically for natural 20 or 1 results

I guess this is mostly a convenience thing since if you minus the modifier you will know if it was a natural D20?

international QUOTE
...a 10 on a d10 is rolled again to add more successes

For systems that use extended rolls maybe the full range option can be selected so if a natural 20 was achieved then the other rolls will already be there? Or maybe I could make a check to see. This is only important on the D20 where a 20 is rolled, correct?

international QUOTE
...I hope I don't sound too nagging with this post.

Not at all, I enjoy constructive feedback.

19th Jun, 2015 - 3:12am / Post ID: #

Embedded Dice Support Reviews RPG & Card Board

international QUOTE (JB @ 18-Jun 15, 8:11 PM)
I guess this is mostly a convenience thing since if you minus the modifier you will know if it was a natural D20?

For systems that use extended rolls maybe the full range option can be selected so if a natural 20 was achieved then the other rolls will already be there? Or maybe I could make a check to see. This is only important on the D20 where a 20 is rolled, correct?

Yes, underlining maxima is purely convenience. I don't want to gyp players of their critical hits by accident.

I will use the full range option for now. In Pathfinder (And Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 if you go strictly by the book) the d20 should be rolled again on a 20. I know at least 2 systems where a 10 on a d10 also explodes, but they aren't played here. A quick search reveals that Shadowrun also has exploding d6.

19th Jun, 2015 - 3:26am / Post ID: #
Dice Master

Character
Game Master ◀
Not Not Approved ?

Page 2 Support Dice Embedded

Ignoble says...

I will see what I can do to emphasize the maximum and minimum on the D20 and possibly include something to make the additional roll.

I won't worry about other systems until they actually appear here and become needed.

19th Jun, 2015 - 7:56pm / Post ID: #
Dice Master

Character
Game Master ◀
Not Not Approved ?

Support Dice Embedded

Ignoble says...

Embedded Dice System Explode / Implode

This took a lot more coding than I thought it would but the Dice system now has an option to show Explode and Implode on the Dice results. The following will happen:

* When a D20 is rolled and a natural 20 is the result it will highlight the die result with a yellow background and make the number bigger. It will then randomly roll a D20 again and show the result next to the natural D20 in brackets. Bonuses are still added into the the original die roll.

* When a D20 is rolled and a natural 1 is the result it will highlight the die result with a grey background. It will then randomly roll a D10 and show the result next to the natural D20 in brackets. Bonuses are still added into the the original die roll.

This will help the Players and Game Master's readily see where a natural 1 and 20 were received besides the bonus.

Note: I have also fixed the appearance of the "+-" Problem.

25th Jun, 2015 - 7:07pm / Post ID: #

Embedded Dice Support

Being able to go to the edit page and put in the roll you forgot will be great because that has already happened to me.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th Jun, 2015 - 7:03am / Post ID: #

Embedded Dice Support
A Friend

Embedded Dice Support - Page 2

Cool stuff! I was doing a search to find out what the "Exploding/imploding" Stuff was about. Are your bonuses from the first die roll also added to the second die roll?

Some weapons in Pathfinder (And Dungeons & Dragons) have an extended critical range, meaning they threaten a critical hit on rolls other than a natural 20. Example - a scimitar threatens a critical hit on an 18-20. This can actually be increased further through the Keen property and through some class abilities. I think the programming can be even more tricky because there are also feats that improve your chance (Give you bonus modifiers) for confirming a critical threat.

Rather off topic, but...
Side note - I'm envious of anyone that can code. Where would you recommend someone start? I can put PC's together and have gamed on them since the old green screens. I've just never had even an inkling of a solid starting point for learning how to program.

28th Jun, 2015 - 11:30am / Post ID: #
Dice Master

Character
Game Master ◀
Not Not Approved ?

Embedded Dice Support Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 2

Ignoble says...

international QUOTE (Diarmadhim)
Are your bonuses from the first die roll also added to the second die roll?

At present, no. I don't know if it is each time, but since the modifier is shown the GM can always add it in. If it should be maybe Icon, the Pathfinder 'expert', can verify, but I will need to know if it is also the case with imploding.

While coding it I was actually thinking what if on the second roll they got a natural D20 again! My 'lazy' solution for that is below.

international QUOTE
I think the programming can be even more tricky because there are...

Yes, that will make it more complex, however as a pacifier for extended rules on rolls that is why I included the partial and full range rolls so that extra dice types can be generated as needed. The GM can also roll for any exceptions / extraordinary items.

Rather off topic, but...
Depends on the kind of coding. You should look around this Board: Web Design, Hosting, SEO, Client Help and Post a specific question there.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (14) »

> TOPIC: Embedded Dice Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,