Real Estate Agents - Page 2 of 5

Name: Chelsea Country: Comments: I met with - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 20th Jun, 2010 - 2:10am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Best Real Estate Agents Are they to be trusted?
Post Date: 1st Jan, 2009 - 9:07pm / Post ID: #

Real Estate Agents
A Friend

Real Estate Agents - Page 2

I just joined the forum and this post has my interest as I am a Real Estate Agent.

During the height of the Real Estate Market - early 2000's it seemed like anyone and everyone was becoming a Real Estate Agent. Granted in the US, getting a license is a very simple process. You take a 4 week course, pay the state, take a state exam and viola you are able to make millions. Where else can you get an education that quickly that enables you to earn 6 figures overnight?

In the last 2-3 yrs, I've seen more and more Real Estate agents drop out of the market. It's not as easy to be an agent when you really have to work at it! But that makes me grateful! It actually weeded out the bad seeds from the good!

As a professional, I always recommend anyone who seeks another professional for ANY business transaction to do their homework! You never know until you dig into the real Character of a person to find out what they will be like as a professional!

There are cheats, liars, thieves and down right rogues in any profession. And you may not be able to filter out all the bad ones, but it helps to try.

The last 2 yrs have been a struggle for myself as an agent. The market is so soft and Sellers seem to be the ones struggling the most. Whether it's from facing foreclosure, losing their profit margin and unfortunately some even losing their homes!

But the good news is that REAL ESTATE is and always has been the better way to secure a financial independence that is pretty much solid. Stocks aren't tangible (and when they fall, they fall hard as we've all seen lately). Where as Real Estate is tangible. You can own it, transfer it, get a loan against it, live in it, rent it, share it, and Sell it! But the best part is that you can do this at your time line. (unless ofcourse you got way over your head in mortgage payments and can't afford the payments anylonger due to loss of income, or increase in interest rates).

I say Real Estate Agents can be trusted! But you don't trust just anyone of them. You interview them. Get to know them. Find out what they are willing to do for you as their customer - and if possible, get it in writing. See their marketing plan if you are a Seller. Have them sit down with you and go over the selection process of which homes or land to show you - don't just count on them to pick and choose. And if you are not able to sit down with them...be very detailed about what you are looking for.

The alternative to not using a Real Estate Agent can be disastrous to you and your purchase. But that's a topic for another thread.

Happy New Year.

Sponsored Links:
8th Jan, 2009 - 3:10pm / Post ID: #

Agents Estate Real

As a professional, I always recommend anyone who seeks another professional for ANY business transaction to do their homework! You never know until you dig into the real Character of a person to find out what they will be like as a professional!

Correct. However, how does one 'dig' into the real character of a real estate scam artist? Not everyone know the signs. SOme are obvious while others are not so easy to find.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 100 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 10%

8th Jan, 2009 - 6:32pm / Post ID: #

Real Estate Agents History & Civil Business Politics

References and talking to other might help shed light on any who seem off somehow. Also if any doubt do not sign on the line.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Post Date: 31st Jan, 2009 - 4:29pm / Post ID: #

Real Estate Agents
A Friend

Page 2 Agents Estate Real

Can the real estate agents be trusted? IT REALLY DEPENDS!

Firstly, anyone must ensure that he or she should be dealing with a duly licensed agent. If there is no license, do not trust even if they are your friends because the law will not be there to protect you. The probability will be high for the buyer to be short-changed and duped into many falsehoods. And if you are duped, you can run to the courts and be frustrated because you will only have yourself to blame.

Secondly, not because the agent is licensed you can readily trust the person but the buyer can extend to him or her the benefit of the doubt and begin the open communications about your needs. When communicating, the buyer has to invest time in getting to know more about the agent and to size up if he or she will be competent to help about your needs. The buyer can inquire about his/her last transaction and even trace for some referrals. If discovered that his/her previous clients were satisfied, then at least that should appease the buyer on the agent's background.

And since trust is a matter that must be gained, both parties must proceed with caution and complete transparency. The acquisition of any real estate property really takes a whole lot of process. There should be ample time for both parties to communicate and learn about one another and validate the competencies the buyer expects. The professional agent will be responsible in providing all the assistance needed. If during the entire process, the buyer thinks and feels that he/she likes the agent and is satisfied with his/her service, then that should resolve any issue on trust and can proceed with the necessary legal and financial documentation of the transaction to protect the rights of the all parties concerned.

A good safeguard to avoid being scammed is to ensure that any payment is made out directly in the name of the legitimate seller or property owner. In the Philippines, the buyer is always advised to make out the check to be payable in the name of the developer or property owner and the same to be remitted directly to their office. More importantly, the buyer must demand that an official receipt be issued not by the agent but by the developer/owner.

In fairness to the real estate agents who are honest professionals, I think the corollary argument can also be said whether all real estate buyers are trust-worthy or not. Yes, NOT all buyers can be trusted! Some buyers just pretend to be buyers when in fact, they just take advantage of the hard work and the free services rendered by those honest agents. And when the buyers already have all the information and answers, including being tripped into the property and reviewing all the legal documents, there are those buyers who suddenly turn-around and decide to secretly transact the sale through another agent or friend with whom they have arranged for a split or share in the commission, without knowledge of the original agent. What a pity! Of course, the market cannot prevent all this kind of shrewd buyers as this is part of the open-market reality. While there are measures to prevent this, more often than not, it is the buyer's shrewdness that finds its way (even at the expense of the buyer's own share of dishonesty).

I guess what I am really saying in reaction to this topic is that: Only "HONEST buyers deserve to be serviced by HONEST and TRUSTWORTHY agents!"

2nd Mar, 2009 - 2:41pm / Post ID: #

Agents Estate Real

There is really no yes or no answer for this. Real Estate Agencies have their thieves just like any other profession or organization. Most in the current economy are trying to bypass agents because they're already losing so much on their homes.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 100 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 10%

3rd Mar, 2009 - 12:57am / Post ID: #

Real Estate Agents

I really means what you think about trust. If you are the seller and you put your house on a particular real estate agents list, you hope that they are going to get the most money for your house. Now of course they want to get the most for your house because that figure is the basis of their pay. However, you have to ask, at what cost are they willing to go to try and keep your price high?

If you are the buyer, you are trying to buy the house for the least amount of money possible. You are hoping that the real estate agent can talk the owner into a lower price for you. However, since they get paid on commission, how much do you think they will try to push the owner to get you a low price?

If you are the real estate agent, your goal is to get the house turned around quickly. You try to get the owner to bend as much as it takes to sell the house and you try to get the buyer to spend as much as it takes to complete the sale. A real estate agent is more like a mediator in a arbitration. The mediator is no ones friend. they are there to facilitate the transaction and they get paid for it.

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 3rd Mar, 2009 - 2:17am

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Oct, 2009 - 4:10pm / Post ID: #

Real Estate Agents
A Friend

Real Estate Agents - Page 2

It is alway's better to work with a real estate agent. Otherwise you'll have to deal with mortgage companies, appraisal, surveyor, attorney's, preparing contracts, title companies, negotiating deals, doing open houses, showing houses to buyers at their convenience, advertising the house and you may even have to deal with the third parties realtor by yourself. Its a tough job. And doing it all by yourself is not going to serve you in the end. So, hire the best real estate agent and don't trust them. Always keep an eye on what they are doing.

Post Date: 20th Jun, 2010 - 2:10am / Post ID: #

Real Estate Agents Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

Name: Chelsea

Comments: I met with a guy recently who showed me this house that's really nice. he said he is both an agent and a mortgage lawyer. I was like what? If you're a lawyer why would you even need to show houses but he said that's because the owners always wants the best for their property. You think he might be lying?

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Real Estate Agents

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,