Waiting For Slow Players In Role-Playing Games

Waiting Slow Players Role-playing Games - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 1st Aug, 2013 - 10:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger

+  1 2 
Top  Waiting For Slow Players In Role-Playing Games
31st Jul, 2013 - 7:30pm / Post ID: #

It can an be so frustrating to check out a game after days only to see its in the SAME position you left it. It takes the excitement out of the game and most of all role-playing. For me its the responsibility of the GM to keep things moving and not beg players to be there. If the players want to play then you will see their role-play if not let them return to their in game home and let the real adventures actually do that --> adventure! Rant over, do I hear an "Amen"?

Waiting For Slow Players In Role-Playing Games (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
31st Jul, 2013 - 7:41pm / Post ID: #

Games Role-Playing Players Slow Waiting

Even though I don't really play some games that I see in this forum like Dungeons & Dragons or Pathfinder I do notice that some games from some Game Master's are a bit slow on the updates sometimes but remember that it could also be the players as well that can slow them down as well. Those Game Master's should put some kind of 'penalty' for the players who took too long (Just like in JB's role-playing games) to put the character's actions to keep the game moving.

Reconcile Edited: Felipe on 31st Jul, 2013 - 7:46pm

31st Jul, 2013 - 8:08pm / Post ID: #

Waiting For Slow Players In Role-Playing Games Reviews RPG & Card Board

Funny, I just suggested the penalty thing in one of the Member Wars Role-playing Games I play. The thing is if players feel you're going to wait on them then they'll take their sweet time, if they know their character is going to lose out somehow then they'll be fast about showing up.

31st Jul, 2013 - 8:21pm / Post ID: #

Great topic. Yes, penalties work very well for me. Throughout the years I've heard (Read) all kinds of excuses about why a Player can't participate regularly. Most of the time they may be genuine real life situations a Player cannot participate and other times they are simply slack excuses. Regardless, I cannot stop a whole game for one person, if they can't play, no problem but I do not hold back the joy for others because of one Player's issues.

The other point, many are not privy too, is that I actually do see people logging in DAILY and checking the SAME Threads they are participating in (Like the Member Wars Board) but they only actually reply after many days so its not that they have not been online but for whatever reason they simply chose not to reply - strange. I do notice some players do like you to caress and hold their hand to participate, it may even delight them that you are holding up the game just for them - those kinds of Players never last.

31st Jul, 2013 - 8:28pm / Post ID: #

international QUOTE
I do notice some players do like you to caress and hold their hand to participate, it may even delight them that you are holding up the game just for them - those kinds of Players never last.

Thanks for the snail JB, adds a nice touch! You are so right about that. I can't stand to see a game turn into a role for just a couple of people that feel like showing up whenever, worst is when the GM actually waits on them. What I've been seeing is that when things are going the way the one player sees it then they are there all the time and when it doesn't you don't see them. For example when two players were doing their melodrama rolleyes.gif they were posting and posting and posting then when that ended and we actually had to move the real story along they had nothing to say! Come on, why don't they start their own Role-playing Game and do what they want in there so they don't bother anyone else and no one has to wait on them. I'm going to start more threads like this, watch out.

1st Aug, 2013 - 12:59am / Post ID: #

I think that is a Member Wars thing because it doesn't really happen in the other Role-playing Games here so like my condolences to the anguish you're experiencing Krusten. laugh.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
1st Aug, 2013 - 2:07pm / Post ID: #

Waiting Slow Players Role-Playing Games

When real life problems creep up its hard to maintain game participation, I have no problem with it - life happens. My only suggestion is just let everyone know that they shouldn't expect you.

1st Aug, 2013 - 10:55pm / Post ID: #

Waiting Slow Players Role-Playing Games Board Card & RPG Reviews

Some of them don't even like coming back to say they can't be there so you figure that out on your own but I think what Krusten is trying to say is whomever runs the game shouldn't be waiting for them.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Waiting For Slow Players In Role-Playing Games

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,