Melodramatic Role-Play Gamers - Page 5 of 6

Pureyang, you're funny and to the - Page 5 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 14th Nov, 2018 - 1:01am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Discuss  Melodramatic Role-Play Gamers
Post Date: 3rd Jan, 2017 - 6:51pm / Post ID: #

Melodramatic Role-Play Gamers
A Friend

Melodramatic Role-Play Gamers - Page 5

Indeed, it really seems to depend on the tone of the game. I'm not one for monologuing as a player (As a Dungeon Master its a little different, but then again that's part of the job description), so Ill rarely end up being dramatic save in response to others. With Kntoran's game that has unfortunately ended up with several posts of mine that are embarassingly sparse, as the only thing to respond to lately has been the repetitive need for skill checks.

Sponsored Links:
5th Jan, 2017 - 11:41pm / Post ID: #

Gamers Role-Play Melodramatic

I don't think I've ever experienced something like this. For me its all the opposite with players being short lived with their character entries. I wouldn't like the idea of someone going on and on if it wasn't necessary.

19th Mar, 2017 - 8:18pm / Post ID: #

Melodramatic Role-Play Gamers Reviews RPG & Card Board

I think it depends on the type of game. There are role plays that encourage melodrama but it has to appeal to everyone or no one will enjoy it.

14th Jul, 2017 - 5:33pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Gamers Role-Play Melodramatic

I've never encountered this but I will like to experience it sometime because I'm more of the lingering drama sort when playing *wink* Most of the players in my group want to move on really fast.

Post Date: 14th Jul, 2017 - 6:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Gamers Role-Play Melodramatic

There are those on this site that would probably accuse me of this! Perhaps I occasionally enjoy the role play aspect too much.

Post Date: 9th Dec, 2017 - 1:12pm / Post ID: #

Name: Warhammer

Comments: Its very good if there is an end point but its not very good if you're just being melodramatic to emphasize your character over others. Some players by nature seek a lot of attention and channel that through their characters.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 14th Nov, 2018 - 12:47am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Melodramatic Role-Play Gamers - Page 5

Well if we are talking about people who like to spend a lot more time basking in their imaginations rather than actually getting the quest done, perhaps there needs to be a time limit on making decisions when grouped with others. I completely understand the original posters frustrations even though I am new to this particular website. Because in regular Dungeons & Dragons on table top you get the same people who when it's their turn they want to spend 10 minutes on the move. Honestly I try to take actions with a sense of purpose, if for nothing else but that since I'm basking in my imagination anyways, my imagination says that if I were really in this kind of situation in a dark cave in a party of 5 and there are monsters anywhere around us, there is no way I would be spending 10 minutes per decision. I try to imagine how I would actually feel in that situation, so I take action with a purpose the same way I would if I were really in that situation.

However you gotta keep in mind that for some people these kinds of Role-playing Game's are the only social life they have. For them the idea of wasting time embellishing their part of the story in front of an audience of people is basically their version of being on an expensive stage at a famous New York play. It's exhilarating to show off. I think when you come across those people you really just need to be up front and tell them hey there are other people waiting for you to make a damn move so hurry up!

14th Nov, 2018 - 1:01am / Post ID: #

Melodramatic Role-Play Gamers Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 5

Pureyang, you're funny and to the point, I like that. I was mostly talking about a time when I was in a roleplay on this site (It has long been closed) there they posted and posted but did not actually make an action so we weren't waiting for 10 minutes it was more like a couple of days. Love scenes or ceremony on your way to kill some orcs just doesn't cut it with me. *laugh*.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Melodramatic Role-Play Gamers

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,