Skin Color In India - Page 3 of 9

Name: Rai Comments: I think that history plays - Page 3 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 15th Oct, 2008 - 10:18am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (9) »
Are people from India: white, brown, or black? Is being white somehow better than being dark?
Skin Color In India Related Information to Skin Color In India
Post Date: 5th Apr, 2008 - 4:06pm / Post ID: #

Skin Color In India - Page 3

Name: Cherese

Comments: Well, I think it may have to do with poverty and too many people who have to labor outside. I think that if people get a better profession, better education and a better standard of living all of this will die down or go away.

Anyway people need to stop having a complex about their colors and love ourselves.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Apr, 2008 - 4:47pm / Post ID: #

Skin Color In India
A Friend

India Color Skin

QUOTE (LDS_forever @ 25-Feb 06, 10:02 PM)
Skin Color In India

Is it true that there is an obsession with fair skin in India? I made a search in Google and I found lots of web sites, articles and forums talking about this issue. The sale of fairness cream makes millions every year in India and the advertisements on newspaper and television seem to always go around skin color. Based on my little search, even the darkest Indian would not openly consider himself/herself as such.

What's their obsession about being "fair" anyway? spock.gif

Yes , its really here important issue of Skin Color. Definitely the being white color persons are taken much of chances in any field.... Racial discriminate are follows this too...

15th Apr, 2008 - 3:00pm / Post ID: #

Skin Color In India Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I was reading in a magazine at the doctor office, that some parents in India scrub milk and other products into their newborn baby in order to make them look more "fair". spock.gif

Some women also believe that a diet of only WHITE products (milk, rice, etc) while they are pregnant will cause their babies to be born "fair".

And lastly, some even put powder in the baby's face and body to make their complexion appear lighter.

My goodness! They are obsessed with skin color to the point of risking their own kids health!

Post Date: 1st May, 2008 - 6:45pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 India Color Skin

Name: Leviathan

Comments: I think one should not put to blame Indians only for fair skin obsession.
In west Africa black women have the same obsession to look fair.

In most Asian countries like China and Japan, people tend to prefer fair skin to darker skin.You can even see that with the number of mixt couple white/Asian.Asians tend to marry whites lot more than Indians or blacks.

One Ancient Chinese proverb says "One fair skin erate a thousand bad qualities on a women". Even in Europe you can notice that Italian men tend to prefer swedish or German blonde women.

1st May, 2008 - 7:02pm / Post ID: #

India Color Skin

Did this heightened delight for skin color come about because of religion or tradition?

Post Date: 14th Jun, 2008 - 6:05pm / Post ID: #

Skin Color In India

Name: P

Comments: It is atrocious what Fair and Lovely is doing to India. I am Indian and I think that any Indian who thinks about skin color to the point that they are obsessed about it must have a complex. I love darker men- in fact, I tend to be attracted to "dark" Indian men. But, I have often seen light skinned women with darker men but not vice versa. People, especially Indians, need to get over their complex- I mean, what is wrong with them? Why can't they be proud of what they are instead of trying to change what they are. God, it just makes me so mad. God created you a certain way for a reason. I refuse to ever use any Fair and Lovely product ever and will never allow my daughter or son to use any such product.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st Jul, 2008 - 5:44pm / Post ID: #

Skin Color India - Page 3

Name: Jay

Comments: The obsession with skin color is a result of white majority rule, cruelty and racism. Psychologically and practically there is so much pain for the darker -skinned that they will do anything to remove the color, become fair so as to appeal to the white majority. Long after white majority rule is not longer violent ar as oppressive the standards remain. ( applies to any place where white have had power and control. In the USA that is why we had the Black is Beautiful movement to declare a new way of thinking. This is totally different from Whites wanting to tan . Tanning was just a way to show that you had the status to travel to the island. In no way does it detract from white privilege nor does it make you less white . Bleaching creams design to lighten skin for dark people is to make you look closer to white/European and improve how you are treated/viewed by others (I.e. superior to other dark skinned people). It is all a sad commentary on the degrading and damaging racism/Aryan superiority theory is minorities' self-esteem. It is also referred to a self-loathing. It takes a strong self-awareness movement to change this.

Source 1: Real life experience

Post Date: 15th Oct, 2008 - 10:18am / Post ID: #

Skin Color India Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 3

Name: Rai

Comments: I think that history plays a major role in this issue. north Indians have a higher percentage of Aryan blood than south Indians. And Aryans had a white supremacy attitude. When they invaded India about 3 thousand years ago they settle in North India. Over time they mingled with the locals, but the white is better attitude remained. One of the biggest proof is the cast system in India. When you look at the people of different casts, the trend to noted is that the higher cast people tend to be lighter skinned. The higher casts dominated, and set rules for the society. Over time these mindless rules became second nature in Indian society.
Although modern Indians have left the cast system behind, the economics of the casts have not changed much. though there are exceptions. The higher casts are still very much in power and control majority of the economy.
Lighter skinned people are associated with wealth and higher casts. and consequently, they dominate the Indian modeling and acting scene.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (9) »

> TOPIC: Skin Color In India

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,