Skin Color In India - Page 7 of 9

Name: Elizabeth Country: Comments: I am doing - Page 7 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 26th Oct, 2010 - 11:12am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 9 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Are people from India: white, brown, or black? Is being white somehow better than being dark?
Skin Color In India Related Information to Skin Color In India
Post Date: 25th Jun, 2010 - 11:07am / Post ID: #

Skin Color In India - Page 7

Name: Saumya

Comments: I am an Indian male, born in West Bengal which is located in north-eastern India, people in my state are not dark neither am I but at the same time not too fair either. West Bengal is coastal region (Bay of Bengal), we are comparatively a bit darker than a typical north Indian people and I feel that this moderate skin tone is absolutely beautiful. I must say none of my friends are interested in fairness creams but we hear from people staying in southern India there is a lot of demand for fairness creams.
Regarding the Bollywood and Indian cinemas there are quite a few actors and actresses who are dark and at the same time beautiful. Bipasha Basu, Priyanka Chopra, Kajol, Nandita Das are few names of some of the beautiful actresses who have dark skin tone [..]. It may be true that people admire fair complexion in India, but beauty is a combination of different traits so judging it from a single dimension is pointless.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Jun, 2010 - 12:48pm / Post ID: #

India Color Skin

Comments: One more thing I would like to inform everyone that the major difference in skin tone in various parts of India is not because we are of MIXED RACE or something but rather because of the wide variety of the climate that India has..
As you go up towards northern India the climate is comparatively cooler,so the skin tone is fairer, in north we have all the hill stations, while if you go down towards the southern part the the climate is burning HOT so the complexion of the locals are dark.

2nd Jul, 2010 - 2:59am / Post ID: #

Skin Color In India Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

The various Skin tones is not the issue. The location of various fairer Indians verses darker Indians is not the issue. The issue here is that it seems that the color of someone's Skin is considered an indication of betterment or detriment on the part of the individual with that Skin. Skin of itself is no indication of a human being's place in society unless that society CHOOSES to make it so. The debate here is whether India admits that it does give credence to a person's Skin color or not.

Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2010 - 7:05pm / Post ID: #

Page 7 India Color Skin

Comments:

international QUOTE (JB)
The debate here is whether India admits that it does give credence to a person's Skin color or not.

In India no one considers skin color in determining a human being or his position in the society..here in India skin tone only considered as a parameter for measuring beauty, some people consider that being fair is beautiful... And that's it nothing more than that.There is nothing like fair Indians versus dark Indians. Discrimination on the basis of color doesn't take place in India, there are other reasons such as religion, caste, etc. Which causes discrimination but NOT COLOR.

I don't know whats the issue here but it seemed to me that people have various questions regarding the skin color of Indians,why some Indians are so fair? Whether the Indian film stars have mixed origin or not etc..therefore in my earlier posts I intended to inform everyone why there is a variety of skin color seen among the Indians. I don't know why does it always have to be a debate or a issue? Is it not possible to exchange information and view points without pointing out that someone is speaking on a wrong issue?

Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2010 - 7:18pm / Post ID: #

India Color Skin

Name: Maharaj

Comments:

international QUOTE
In India no one considers skin color in determining a human being or his position in the society

I don't know where Saumya gets his information he seems to be living in some sort of commune where everyone is the same color.

Post Date: 4th Jul, 2010 - 3:19pm / Post ID: #

Skin Color In India

Comments:

international QUOTE
"I don't know where Saumya gets his information.."

As I said previously, that I am from West Bengal, more specifically from Kolkata, so whatever I am sharing is from the perspective of the people of my city,this my experience from the environment in which I grew up. If you have a different opinion why don't you share yours.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Jul, 2010 - 5:30pm / Post ID: #

Skin Color India - Page 7

international QUOTE (JoePublic @ 2-Jul 10, 2:05 PM)
In India no one considers skin color in determining a human being or his position in the society..here in India skin tone only considered as a parameter for measuring beauty, some people consider that being fair is beautiful... And that's it nothing more than that.There is nothing like fair Indians versus dark Indians. Discrimination on the basis of color doesn't take place in India, there are other reasons such as religion, caste, etc. Which causes discrimination but NOT COLOR.

So are you saying if a person is very fair skinned in India but happens to be from the lowest cast possible, would still be discriminated?

Post Date: 26th Oct, 2010 - 11:12am / Post ID: #

Skin Color India Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 7

Name: Elizabeth

Comments: I am doing research on this topic here in India, and I must say most your comments are very valid. Everyone has the initial reaction that skin brightening is an obsession, that it equates to discrimination, etc. But if you really live in India and experience it from your own perspective, and the experiences you face when here, you realize your conceptions are a bit skewed. Look into it more if you care to criticize it appropriately. Nothing is ever black and white; an issue like this has more complexity to it then just a simple answer... smile.gif

Saumya I agree with the questions you posed, why does it always have to be a debate or issue? Why must there someone is right and another wrong when there is an exchange of ideas?

+  « First of 9 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

> TOPIC: Skin Color In India

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,