Skin Color In India - Page 8 of 9

Name: Bernard Country: Title: Dark skinned - Page 8 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 25th Sep, 2012 - 7:14pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 9 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 
Are people from India: white, brown, or black? Is being white somehow better than being dark?
Skin Color In India Related Information to Skin Color In India
Post Date: 16th Dec, 2010 - 9:37pm / Post ID: #

Skin Color In India - Page 8

Name: Vivek

Comments: Well, I read all of the above posts and was really shocked by some of the points and that some of the people have framed up in their minds.

I completely agree with Saumya on this issue as she said that there is nothing like light skinned vs dark skinned[Aryans vs Dravidian].first of all, I must mention that there is nothing like racism problems happening in India.

Color issues comes only when it comes to judging beauty. But it does not have advantages like in getting jobs or any other advantages. I saw a lot of couples whose hubby is dark and wife is fair and vice-versa.

I would like to conclude here now that there might be discrimination that you can see in India on the basis of some other issues like political parties,religion, etc.... But color discrimination absolutely wrong.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th Feb, 2011 - 5:30pm / Post ID: #

India Color Skin

Name: Pingling

Comments: Well I'm Indian, lived here all my life, live in south India but I'm from the north, I guess you could say I'm olive toned, not to dark not to fair, to me anyways, I love my skin but my mum thinks I'm the darkest in my family, rude!

Well anyways, I never paid attention to color, I kinda prefer the chocolate colored guys more than the fairer ones because the 'white' guys are so full of themselves! Brown ones are much sweeter.

In my school, I'm one of the fairest (being the darkest in my family) and I'm given special... Treatment, well it could also be because I'm not harsh to look at but... Still.

The darker girls are made fun of, quite cruel really even though they are really hot! same with the guys... Annoys the heck out of me.

Ee have been made to think whiter is hotter, especially with the Southies the amount of bleach they use... [..]

The Bollywood industry is to blame, I've seen the actresses in real life, just as dark as we are! But we fail to see it, while some Caucasians may envy our tone, we envy theirs, I guess its a physiological factor... Why cant people be happy with what they have?

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Before submitting your comments please use good grammar - no net talk or slang, check your spelling and remember that names of places and people begin with an uppercase letter.

19th Feb, 2011 - 6:55pm / Post ID: #

Skin Color In India Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Anyone heard about the Vaseline application on Facebook in India that allow men to lighten their complexion of their profile pictures?

international QUOTE
Vaseline's new skin-lightening application for Facebook users in India has re-ignited the debate over skin color and perceptions of beauty.

The app, which was launched by Vaseline, invites Indian men to download their profile photos and drag a line across the screen to digitally "Lighten my Skin."

It is being used to promote Vaseline Men UV Whitening Body Lotion, a new product launched in India in June into an already crowded market for skin-lightening creams...

Post Date: 21st Mar, 2011 - 7:35pm / Post ID: #

Page 8 India Color Skin

Name: Yasmeen

Comments: In Canada, if you are not of the Caucasian race you are not considered white. If your skin color is caramel or darker white people here carelessly throw around the word 'black' at you.

Post Date: 26th Apr, 2011 - 3:56am / Post ID: #

India Color Skin

Name: Yazz

Comments: As an Indian woman who has lived in India (now abroad), I can attest to the fact that we are discriminatory towards darker skinned women and men in our culture. I think this tendency came from when the British imperialists left us thinking they were superior to us...of course them being white, naturally made us believe "fair" or white was better than brown. Now after more than 60 years, it is part of our culture to just prefer whiter skinned Indians.

Post Date: 16th May, 2012 - 10:59pm / Post ID: #

Skin Color In India

Name: Jane

Title: Color of an Indian

Comments: Well, you have obviously not seen movies of some of the top billed actressed in India like Rani Mukherjee, Kajol, Konkona Sen Sharma and and Bipasha Basu -none of them are fair by Indian standards (I would know, having been born and brought up there).

Now, for why this perception of fair being wealthy has come about -you need to be aware of our history.
When fair skinned Aryans (settlers who were of Caucasian descent) moved to India, they subjugated the darker skinned Dravidians. The simple way to find out who was rich and successful -skin color.
When the Moguls invaded India, they came from areas where people had light colored skin -again, the rich were equated to be the the fair skinned folks.
And finally, we had the white skinned Brits rule us for 200 years -again, the white skin color was looked upon as rules, masters and whatnot.
I guess that perception will take time to die down. By the way, while Indians do prefer the lighter colored people for a life partner (just as the whites seem to prefer blue eyed blondes, the African Americans -the lighter colored females, the Koreans who use BB creams to whiten their skin, the Japanese girls who try to keep their face as white as they can, the old English females who tried to achieve the strawberries and cream complexion and were always armed with parasols), no one wants the freckly skin of a Caucasian.
Every culture has their own oddities..one doesn't become superior or inferior because of them.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 20th May, 2012 - 6:02pm / Post ID: #

Skin Color India - Page 8

Name: Puyan

Comments: You all are fooling yourselves if you believe that Indians do not want to be white bad. Let me tell you if there was a pill that can change the color of your skin to whirte and your eyes to blue and you ha to pay thousands for it there will be millions of Indians lining up for this.

Post Date: 25th Sep, 2012 - 7:14pm / Post ID: #

Skin Color India Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 8

Name: Bernard

Title: Dark skinned Indians

Comments: I gather your excuse or explanation for the distainment of dark skinned Indians in India by fellow Indians. In the above conversation we spoke of models and actresses. Yet, what about the common man? What about the dark skinned Indian fishermen or dark skinned Indian grociers? Are we not simply speaking of a much deeper rooted ugliness in India known as the cast system or maybe known a racism? Indian women are the most beautiful women on Earth! Dark skinned Indian women are even more beautiful! If the indian people in India hold no regard for dark skinned Indians then please relocate them to the United States. We here see their beauty and we are nearly free of the ignorance known as racism. Indian American, Dinesh D'Souza brings India's arrogance and ignorance to US shores by coming to America and lecturing African Americans on what our flaws and down falls are. Yet, he as well as nearly all Indians in India can not see their own brown stains in their under pants I,e .racism!

+  « First of 9 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 

> TOPIC: Skin Color In India

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,