Women Gamers - Female Gamers - Page 3 of 7

It's probably because we have to keep - Page 3 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 18th Jul, 2008 - 5:22pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
From the very beginning people have generally sterotyped the gender of a typical gamer as being male. That is right, we are moving up the gaming charts and taking over your manish influence in the gaming territory - look out!
Post Date: 18th Jul, 2008 - 6:40am / Post ID: #

Women Gamers - Female Gamers
A Friend

Women Gamers - Female Gamers - Page 3

I play with Women gamers all the time.

Unfortunately they can get quite aggressive if they don't win, thats probably just me taunting them like a madman on speed, but they always end up beating me at the Wii, its like they are born with a Wii remote in hand!

The world needs more Women gamers, us lads need a challenge!

Rather off topic, but...
Note: Diablo 3 is coming out next year with Male and Female character option for each class. https://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please use the Offtopic Tags so that the Thread maintains the SAME subject matter and does not develop into another Topic. See Constructive Posting Policy.

Sponsored Links:
18th Jul, 2008 - 6:58am / Post ID: #

Gamers Female Gamers Women

I have been gaming for 20 years. I started out playing with my boys and never stopped. It made for some good quality time. Still does. biggrin.gif

18th Jul, 2008 - 3:00pm / Post ID: #

Women Gamers - Female Gamers Gaming Video & Issues Computer

QUOTE (Nighfox @ 18-Jul 08, 1:40 AM)
Unfortunately they can get quite aggressive if they don't win, thats probably just me taunting them like a madman on speed

I believe the latter about you taunting them and not the stereotype about us being aggressive if we don't win. I just see it as a game for fun, not a professional sport.

18th Jul, 2008 - 3:51pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Gamers Female Gamers Women

I have played with both and the funniest was a married couple he killed 4 of her characters in a very short time. I also found lady GM were kinder when a call had to be made that was life or death.

Post Date: 18th Jul, 2008 - 3:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Gamers Female Gamers Women

I enjoy playing with women. They can bring so much more into a game and even make it a lot funner. I have enjoyed playing in mixed crowds for a few years. I look forward to any game that has both sexes in it.

18th Jul, 2008 - 4:47pm / Post ID: #

QUOTE (krakyn @ 18-Jul 08, 10:51 AM)
a married couple he killed 4 of her characters in a very short time.

That's funny! My husband knows better than to kill off my character. wink.gif However, my boys show me no mercy. Oh well, what goes around comes around.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
18th Jul, 2008 - 5:04pm / Post ID: #

Women Gamers Female Gamers - Page 3

I feel for your husband alskann. laugh.gif I don't think I know any girls / women who play games fanatically over the age of 19-20. I guess it's just a phase that last longer in the guys. I for one would rather be out shopping.

18th Jul, 2008 - 5:22pm / Post ID: #

Women Gamers Female Gamers Computer Issues & Video Gaming - Page 3

It's probably because we have to keep the home going. Most men I know that are "fanatic" gamers are either single, have partner who is into gaming also (and no kids yet), or have a partner who takes care of the house and kids 100% while they do nothing but game. The latter is a big factor in many divorces. Awhile back I read an article of the number of divorces caused by Everquest. One reason why it was nicknamed Evercrack. I enjoy the ability to escape for awhile into the gaming life but it is an escape. Real life will still be there waiting for me when I return. I think the key is to have a balance in your life. You can be just as excessive with shopping - and it can destroy marriages also. I know people who just "shop til they drop" and have bags and bags of items with the price tag still on. It is an illness. But that is another topic.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: Women Gamers - Female Gamers

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,