Worth Of The Female - India Gender Selection

Worth Female India Gender Selection - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 5th Apr, 2008 - 4:08pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
In India some do not become excited if they are pregnant and having a girl - for them a gender selection abortion is the next thing to do.
Post Date: 30th Mar, 2006 - 1:05pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

INDIAN COURT JAILS DOCTOR FOR REVEALING GENDER OF FETUS

A doctor in northern India has been sentenced to jail for telling an undercover investigator that she was carrying a female fetus and suggesting the pregnancy could be "taken care of" if she preferred a son. Ref. Source

Sponsored Links:
1st Apr, 2006 - 10:15pm / Post ID: #

Selection Gender India Female The Worth

It's not just in India, but China and other Asian cultures, some African cultures, etc. It has been the root of much of the abuses and atroctities against women for millenia. Sad but true, but perhaps over time, and with the spread of "civilization," it will change.

8th May, 2006 - 11:05pm / Post ID: #

Worth Of The Female - India Gender Selection Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

It's really sad to read about this kind of injustice to unborn children, whether they be female or male. The sad part is that this type of thinking has been fueled by the culture in those areas of the world, and also because of the large number of impoverished people who live there. They are not cruel people, but they realize that a male child, in the long run, is cheaper to raise and also more apt to bring wealth and status to the family. It will be very difficult to turn things around unless consensus thinking changes in those countries.

9th May, 2006 - 1:18am / Post ID: #

I agree with you Malexander, it is very sad. I have been to India, lived in a village there and have an Indian mother. I know the culture very well. The reason why women are valued less is partly socio-economic. These people are so poor they simply cannot afford to feed too many mouths. India would have the largest orphan population in the world.

Boys are regarded as bread winners, despite the fact that women still do a lot of the laborious work in some rural areas. In my opinion India is still a bit backwards when it comes to women's rights in poor areas. I think a lot of this has to do with overpopulation and socio-economic issues because women in the wealthy upper classes are treated as equal.

However, change is certainly on the way as India develops.

4th Mar, 2008 - 11:39am / Post ID: #

This is what it has come to in India, they have to pay them in order to stop them from killing their own.

India Will Pay Poor Women To Have Girls, Avoid Sex-Selection Abortions

New Delhi, India (LifeNews.com) -- To combat the ever-worsening gender ratio in India, government officials are unveiling a new plan to pay poor women and their families to avoid sex-selection abortions and infanticides. Authorities hope the payments will stop the estimated 500,000 deaths of girl babies from both practices. The cash payments will send approximately 15,500 rupees (or about $384 US) to families. Although the amount appears small by Western standards, it's a huge sum of money to poor Indian families. The Indian government says it hopes as many as 100,000 girls will be saved from the deadly practices in the first year alone in the trial program, which begins in seven states. As additional incentive, girls who become 18 get will another 100,000 rupees ($2,500 US) if they have completed their education and have not yet been married.
Ref. https://www.lifenews.com/int646.html

4th Mar, 2008 - 6:44pm / Post ID: #

The sad truth is, that the Western World (Europe and the United States) is not much better. We just do not care which sex we choose to kill. In most cases we will just do it because it is a little inconvenient to have a baby right now. There is no difference in killing a baby because it happens to be female (an inconvenience in their culture) and killing a baby because one cannot afford it, it does not fit my plan, I don't want a baby right now (all inconveniences)

I ask: How are we any different here in the west, compared to India or China? Is it because we do not choose which Sex to kill?

Civilization will not change these countries. It will just change them from aborting just girls, to aborting any baby that they find inconvenient. There needs to be a fundamental change in values in all countries for us to stop choosing to kill because we think that which is growing inside of women is just an inconvenience.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
4th Mar, 2008 - 6:54pm / Post ID: #

Worth The Female India Gender Selection

That is a good point dbackers people pay tax and then the money goes to pay for abortions.

Post Date: 5th Apr, 2008 - 4:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Worth The Female India Gender Selection Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

QUOTE (News @ 30-Mar 06, 8:05 AM)
INDIAN COURT JAILS DOCTOR FOR REVEALING GENDER OF FETUS

A doctor in northern India has been sentenced to jail for telling an undercover investigator that she was carrying a female fetus and suggesting the pregnancy could be "taken care of" if she preferred a son.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/200...ions060329.html

YES, its mainly under developed countries like India. As I am an Indian.. I can observe this in my near environment. This is because of many reasons ... Parents who have a girl, think to spend more on her life especial for her marriage. Its because of poverty and illiteracy... But it should be eradicable!

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Worth Of The Female - India Gender Selection

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,