Los Angeles Clippers

Los Angeles Clippers - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 30th Apr, 2014 - 10:31pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
What are they trimming?
14th Apr, 2006 - 4:57am / Post ID: #

Los Angeles Clippers

If someone had predicted at the beginning of the year that the LA Clippers would have a better record at the end of the season than the LA Lakers, they would be right. wink.gif The Clippers have returned to NBA Playoff basketball for the first time in 9 years. Currently seeded #6 in the Western Conference, they would face the Denver Nuggets; a more favorable matchup than Dallas or San Antonio.
The Clippers are currently 2nd in the Pacific Division and nurse a 4 game lead on cross-town rival Lakers. I heard that the Clippers actually draw more fans than the Lakers to the Staples Center, although the Lakers have bigger celebrities attend their games. I personally wish the Clippers the best and am glad to see a different team in LA doing well.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2006 - 11:28pm / Post ID: #

Los Angeles Clippers
A Friend

Clippers Angeles Los

Anyone have a guess at how the Clippers got here? It wasn't to long ago that the clippers were merely fodder for any team needing an easy win at the end of the season. The Clippers have often been over looked as a Cali team and usually are at the end of funny NBA jokes. I was thoroughly surprised to see them listed in the playoffs, and even more surprised to see their season record.

24th Apr, 2006 - 12:21am / Post ID: #

Los Angeles Clippers Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Here are a few reasons why they got to the playoffs:

Elton Brand, Corey Maggette, Sam Cassell, Cutino Mobley.

I think the biggest boost was the addition of Sam Cassell. I mean look at what he was able to do with the Timberwolves when he was in Minnesota. Mike Dunleavy is also a good coach (remember all the years Portland was in the playoffs), and his leadership can make the Clippers the best team in LA for years to come.

Post Date: 27th Apr, 2014 - 1:30am / Post ID: #

Clippers Angeles Los

NBA Investigating Alleged Recording Of L.A. Clippers Owner

A man identified as Donald Sterling tells his girlfriend not to bring blacks 'to my games.'

Source

Post Date: 29th Apr, 2014 - 5:52pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Clippers Angeles Los

NBA commissioner Adam Silver will reveal his decision about L.A. Clippers owner Donald Sterling today in a 2 p.m. Media briefing. The NBA has been investigating racist remarks attributed to Sterling.

Silver has promised the league would give Sterling due process but would act quickly. It's unclear whether Silver could order Sterling to sell the Clippers. The commissioner also might announce an indefinite suspension while the investigation continues, CNN's Rachel Nichols reports. Ref. CNN

Post Date: 29th Apr, 2014 - 6:01pm / Post ID: #

Los Angeles Clippers

What Have You Said in Private?
By Dennis Prager

A private recording of racist remarks by the owner of the Los Angeles Clippers, Donald Sterling, in a telephone conversation was released last week. Among other comments, Sterling said to his former mistress, a black Mexican woman known as V. Stiviano:

"It bothers me a lot that you want to broadcast that you"re associating with black people. Do you have to? "¦ You can sleep with [black people]. You can bring them in, you can do whatever you want. The little I ask you is not to promote it on that "¦ and not to bring them to my games. I"m just saying, in your lousy f-ing Instagrams, you don't have to have yourself with, walking with black people. "¦ Don't put him [Magic] on an Instagram for the world to have to see so they have to call me. And don't bring him to my games."

That these comments are racist and therefore contemptible goes without saying. But the incident raises other issues that are not as clear as the racism in Sterling's comments, yet they are at least as important. Ref. Source 7

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th Apr, 2014 - 12:23pm / Post ID: #

Los Angeles Clippers

On the day their team's owner was banned for life, the LA Clippers beat Golden State 113-103 in their NBA playoff game.

The Clippers got a standing ovation before the game, and coach Doc Rivers shook hands with some of the fans sitting courtside, according to Bleacher Report, which said that there were protesters outside the arena before the game.

Donald Sterling, the Clippers' owner, was banned for life and fined the league-maximum $2.5 million over racist remarks attributed to him.

After their victory in Game 5 of their best-of-seven series, the Clippers lead 3-2. Ref. CNN

Post Date: 30th Apr, 2014 - 10:31pm / Post ID: #

Los Angeles Clippers Movies Music Fashion & Sports

Oprah considers buying Clippers

OPRAH, Sean Combs and David Geffen are all eyeing the LA Clippers, after owner Donald Sterling was expelled from the NBA for racist comments. Ref. Source 9

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Los Angeles Clippers

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,