Fighting Terrorism Since 1492 - Page 2 of 5

QUOTE I come to take your lands go as far - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 26th Nov, 2008 - 6:22pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Fighting Terrorism Since 1492
Do you agree?
26th Dec, 2007 - 6:10am / Post ID: #

Fighting Terrorism Since 1492 - Page 2

Treasure that is an interesting definition of Terrorism. By that all wars are only an act of terrorism.

So with that blanket of haze I will vote no the act that occurred between the Natives and the Americans and Canadians were acts of invasion and bordered on genocide on many occasions. Well was in the case of an east coast tribe in Canada.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Sponsored Links:
26th Dec, 2007 - 4:23pm / Post ID: #

Terrorism Fighting

By that all wars are only an act of terrorism.

Since when is defending your country terrorism?

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 11 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.1%

24th Nov, 2008 - 12:47am / Post ID: #

Fighting Terrorism Since 1492 History & Civil Business Politics

This is correct. Since the white man has come to our land they have done nothing else but steal and kill. They have chased us to reservations with small boundaries while they take the rest. Our people moved from place to place in fear for their lives many of them starving and with child. If this is not terrorism from the white man then what is?

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 9 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.9%

24th Nov, 2008 - 4:21pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Terrorism Fighting

Defending your country is not an act of terrorism unless you are placing strikes past you own borders. To me it still would not be and act of terrorism it would be and act of war.

Workman you statement rising a question to me as I am still grasping at this concept of war is the same as terrorism.

Is an invasion of ones country an act of terrorism? I do not think so. Also the Europeans taking over North American was very convoluted and had many different stages. Acts of terrorism were performed by both parties through out the process.

many acts of bad faith and misunderstood transactions were a bigger issue.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

24th Nov, 2008 - 6:47pm / Post ID: #

Terrorism Fighting

When whitemen came to this land they were offered kindness in return. Then they brought their greed with them and did not ask for some of the land they wanted to take it all for themselves including our sacred sites. War is terror. War is not for children but children are hurt, they watch their parents killed and their people burned, is that not terrorism? You think terrorism is a muslim man in the Middle East only?

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 9 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.9%

24th Nov, 2008 - 7:12pm / Post ID: #

Fighting Terrorism Since 1492

No terrorism is any tactic that used specifically to create fear in a specific group of people. It does not have to have an end goal I would say it is a tactic often deployed in a war.

If I decide to take over Germany or Israel I might use terrorism to cause weakness in the mind set of safety of the people before a full fledged invasion.

I also think the downfall of the native people was very complicated and had many different stages. I do not think terrorism is strictly the sole label here.

If you are asking as people driven from their lands at gun point scared then yes they are. Is it terrorism no. Ethnic cleansing maybe an act of evil and greed most certainly. War very possible.

Was Germany's invasion of Europe terrorism?

Was the crusades no more the terrorism then? They burned villages and raped and plundered.

No they were invasions where many had no ethics and abused the power they had over the powerless. White man most certainly is guilty of that in America as well as the rest of the world. Dd they randomly sneak into a camp and kill a handful of people and take off just to strike fear into the natives hearts no. Thus it is not terrorism.

What occurred after the Europeans came to the continent was far worse then any terrorist act ever committed.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th Nov, 2008 - 1:29am / Post ID: #

Fighting Terrorism 1492 - Page 2

You sound like the whiteman. No terrorism was not the sole label because the white man had a policy of talk first. With his diplomacy he will say I come to take your lands go as far west as you can go and do not turn back or we will bring blood to your people.

26th Nov, 2008 - 6:22pm / Post ID: #

Fighting Terrorism 1492 Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

I come to take your lands go as far west as you can go and do not turn back or we will bring blood to your people.

Hate to tell you that is not terrorism it is a threat of violence.

Terrorism: Most common definitions of terrorism include only those acts which are intended to create fear (terror), are perpetrated for an ideological goal (as opposed to a lone attack), and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants.

Though no internationally accepted definitions exists.

If non combatant death are the basis of you saying it was terrorism, then I would have to say yes. If you are carrying on the discussion based on the suppression, confinement and "theft" of you lands then I would disagree as these are not acts of terrorism but of domination and greed.

Perhaps I should place signs of a Scotsman beating off Romans under the same terrorism banners and we can date that one at 80 AD. Your not the first nor the last society to be dominated and dissolved or out right slaughtered.

Have doubts ask a person who can speak Sicilian. Opps good luck I think they are almost all gone. Go look up lost languages and you can post each society on your picture as well. Just please stop taking the newest issue and trying to pin your issues into it so you remain in the spot light. Just fight the issues you have of the past and make them your own not hitching on the back of sensationalism.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Fighting Terrorism Since 1492

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,