San Francisco Giants

San Francisco Giants - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 2nd Nov, 2010 - 11:13am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Is Barry Bonds a distraction?
29th Apr, 2006 - 5:05pm / Post ID: #

San Francisco Giants

What name comes to mind when you hear San Francisco Giants? Barry Bonds of course. I am not sure if this is a blessing or a curse. Barry Bonds may go down as one of the best players in baseball history who had so much controversy surrounding him. It is yet to be determined whether or not he has violated the league's steroid policy, so all of his records and statistics are in jeopardy. Oh, did I also mention he is chasing one of the most sacred records in baseball history; the HR record? Not to mention he is only a handful of HR's away from passing one of the greatest players of all time, Babe Ruth.
So, let's talk about the team, the San Francisco Giants. Other than Barry Bonds, they do have a core of veteran players. In fact, the Giants are one of the oldest teams in the league. These players include Moises Alou, Omar Vizquel, Jason Schmidt, Pedro Feliz, Mike Matheny and Tim Worrell. The Giants are currently in 2nd place in the NL West, and breathing down the necks of the Colorado Rockies. It is a wonder to me that the team can concentrate on their games when they have a player like Bonds in the clubhouse. If they can continue to block out the distractions surrounding him, I believe they can make the playoffs, and definitely make a run to the World Series.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st May, 2006 - 12:19pm / Post ID: #

San Francisco Giants
A Friend

Giants Francisco San

Barry Bonds is so good that he transcends distraction most of the time. I think that he is too valuable, no matter what the circumstances, to consider a distraction. Perhaps if he wasn't the best player in baseball, this wouldn't be the case.

2nd May, 2006 - 11:33pm / Post ID: #

San Francisco Giants Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Bonds is now only 2 HR's from tying the great Babe Ruth. He hit #712 today in a loss to the Padres. It will be sad to see Ruth drop to #3 on the all-time list, but I am sure that is how most people felt when Hank Aaron passed him for #1. The difference is that Aaron was a player for the fans; Bonds is clearly not that guy.

Post Date: 9th May, 2006 - 1:19pm / Post ID: #

San Francisco Giants
A Friend

Giants Francisco San

Love him or hate him, Barry Bonds took another step towards home run greatness smashing number 713. Despite Alou being injured, and a completely inept pitching staff, Bonds keeps plugging along. This has to be bitter sweet though, the Giants are only 14-17, and not getting any better.

9th May, 2006 - 2:44pm / Post ID: #

Giants Francisco San

The problem with the Giants and Bonds is that they are simply keeping him around to try to break the record. His schedule is basically two games then one off, or something similar. He is not an everyday player, and obviously not helping them win games. My philosophy is that baseball, like most sports, are team oriented. This is definitely not helping the team, in my opinion.

Post Date: 24th Oct, 2010 - 11:37am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

San Francisco Giants

San Francisco Giants Win

San Francisco Giants defeat Philadelphia Phillies 3-2 to win NL pennant, will face Texas Rangers in World Series. Ref. CNN

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
29th Oct, 2010 - 7:01pm / Post ID: #

San Francisco Giants

However it is not hurting them at all either, I'm not to up with the play on Baseball. But I think I am correct in saying they are 2-0 up in the world series. With the last win being a margin of 9-0.

Would it be normal to have a margin of that distance in a world series game, even if it is a home game ?

Post Date: 2nd Nov, 2010 - 11:13am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

San Francisco Giants Movies Music Fashion & Sports

S.F. Giants win World Series

The San Francisco Giants clinched the 201 World Series with a 3-1 victory over the Texas Rangers in game five. It's the first Major League Baseball title since 1954 for the Giants. Ref. USAToday

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: San Francisco Giants

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,