Japanese Vs Chinese Martial Arts

Japanese Chinese Martial Arts - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 17th Nov, 2012 - 4:28pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
vs.
Post Date: 26th May, 2006 - 2:54pm / Post ID: #

Japanese vs Chinese Martial Arts

Humans have log associated Martial Arts as being mainly from China and Japan although each country has its' own style. This Thread focuses on which style you find better: Chinese Wushu/Kung-fu or Japanese Karate/Akido?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Aug, 2006 - 5:56am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Arts Martial Chinese Japanese

I have always found Japanese martial arts to be more enjoyable to watch and learn about. Japanese martial arts also encompasses allot more use of weapons than Chinese martial arts does. If I had to chose a martial art to study or for my kids, I would chose Akido, since it is purely defensive. There are no offensive moves taught in akido, but it teaches defense with hands, feet, body, and weapons, and from all of these as well.

Post Date: 4th Dec, 2007 - 8:51pm / Post ID: #

Japanese Vs Chinese Martial Arts Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Name: Vincent

Comments: Chinese Martial Arts actually have a lot of different weapons to choose from. There is also Tai Chi and Pa Kua which are Chinese internal Martial Arts that is good for your health and great for self defense. You should do more research on Chinese martial arts.

4th Dec, 2007 - 9:18pm / Post ID: #

You are absolutely right JoePublic. The chinese were not allowed"Weapons" in different times in their history. So they trained to use rice forks, long and short pole I am forgetting some others. Any martial arts are great physically and mentally but to learn only defensive blocks I am unsure if that would be my choice.

My son is presently learning under the Canadian Martial arts centre they teach Karate (Combines with Aikido & JiuJitsu) so that the person is able to hit fall and escape if grabbed by the attacker. Tai Chi and Kobudo are the other two major classes, kobudo is the weapons class, you must be green belt or higher to start it as we wear no armour control and self discipline is our protection. I have asked his sense this question and the reply was it is more a personal preference then effectiveness. I tend to agree with him for a good street fighter will do well against the best martial artist as long as they are disciplined in the style they use.

Post Date: 27th Apr, 2011 - 5:27pm / Post ID: #

Name: YQJS

Comments: Karate originated from Kung Fu and Kung Fu has more styles about a quarter of a lot of Kung Fu styles would beat karate but karate is much easier and fun too learn.

Post Date: 27th Apr, 2011 - 10:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I have experience of both Chinese and Japanese based training.
For Self defence, up close you cant beat Chinese Wing Chun Kung Fu.
For pure Art and Health, the Tai Ji Quan of China for me is best.
For discipline of aggression, Shorin Ryu Karatedo cant be beaten.
At the moment I train with my Shorin Ryu Kata, some Wing Chun wall bag conditioning and Okinawan nunchaku and bokken training.
I think I get the best of both worlds.
I have had a few Masters, and those trained eclectically between China and Japan.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
29th Jan, 2012 - 2:01pm / Post ID: #

Japanese Chinese Martial Arts

I'm no expert here but I have seen both Kungfu and Karate at a martial arts show and I can say right away that Kungfu is way more cool to look at.

17th Nov, 2012 - 4:28pm / Post ID: #

Japanese Chinese Martial Arts Movies Music Fashion & Sports

Chinese martial arts has more variety and flexibility than Japanese martial arts. Long before the Japanese even learned how to fight empty hands the Chinese had established martial arts in their borders.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Japanese Vs Chinese Martial Arts

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,