Is The Bible The Oldest History Book?

Is Bible Oldest History Book - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 7th Feb, 2008 - 5:37am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Post Date: 24th Jul, 2006 - 4:42pm / Post ID: #

Considering it starts from the Beginning Is The Bible The Oldest History Book?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Jul, 2006 - 12:41am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Book History Oldest Bible Is

There is almost NO archeological evidence to back up the majority of the Old Testament. No evidence to indicate even the existence of an Israelite Empire. Nothing to indicate an Egyptian enslavement. Nothing to indicate a creation from the beginning of time nearly 6,000 years ago. In fact, all evidence indicates the opposite. So as a history book, its not very accurate and thus does not qualify as a history book at all. It is a book of faith, thus is not a history book, thus not the oldest history book.

Post Date: 12th Oct, 2007 - 7:37am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Is The Bible The Oldest History Book? Revealed Bible The

I agree, in order for a book to be historical, it needs to be backed up by something known as "facts" which literally none of either testament has. There is no evidence of jesus even, not even in writings found from people who lived in that area at that time. honestly, it is my belief that both testaments, as well as all other belief structures center around the sings of the zodiac and astrology, which back then was literally the figure of worship for ALL religions, the sun being the center of it all-12 apostles (12 zodiac signs) the sun was also known as god's sun. Every aeon or "age" as stated (yet always "accidentally" mistranslated) directly in the bible (2,150 years) at the spring equinox, the sunrise would occur at a different zodiac for the next aeon (or age). The "age" of jesus being the aeon of pisces.

Here are my beliefs on the bible, all of which, not only make sense, but have also been proven as undeniable truths regardless of which religion they are compared to, and not just Christianity:

Now, the Bible reflects, broadly speaking, a symbolic movement through 3 ages, while foreshadowing a 4th. In the Old Testament when Moses comes down Mount Sinai with the 10 Commandments, he is very upset to see his people worshiping a golden bull calf. In fact, he shattered the stone tablets and instructed his people to kill each other in order to purify themselves. Most Biblical scholars would attribute this anger to the fact that the Israelites were worshiping a false idol, or something to that effect. The reality is that the golden bull is Taurus the Bull, and Moses represents the new Age of Aries the Ram. This is why Jews even today still blow the Ram's horn. Moses represents the new Age of Aries, and upon the new age, everyone must shed the old age. Other deities mark these transitions, as well as a pre-Christian god who kills the bull, in the same symbology.

From 4300 b.c. to 2150 b.c., it was the Age of Taurus, the Bull. From 2150 b.c. to 1 a.d., it was the Age of Aries, the Ram, and from 1 a.d. to 2150 a.d. it is the Age of Pisces, the age we are still in to this day, and in and around 2150, we will enter the new age: the Age of Aquarius.

Now Jesus is the figure who ushers in the age following Aries, the Age of Pisces the Two Fish. Fish symbolism is very abundant in the New Testament. Jesus feeds 5000 people with bread and "2 fish." When he begins his ministry walking along Galilei, he befriends 2 fisherman, who follow him. And I think we've all seen the Jesus-fish on the backs of people's cars. Little do they know what it actually means. It is a Pagan astrological symbolism for the Sun's Kingdom during the Age of Pisces. Also, Jesus' assumed birth date is essentially the start of this age.

At Luke 22:10 when Jesus is asked by his disciples where the next passover will be, Jesus replied: "Behold, when ye are entered into the city, there shall a man meet you bearing a pitcher of water... follow him into the house where he entereth in." This scripture is by far one of the most revealing of all the astrological references. The man bearing a pitcher of water is Aquarius, the water-bearer, who is always pictured as a man pouring out a pitcher of water. He represents the age after Pisces, and when the Sun (God's Sun) leaves the Age of Pisces (Jesus), it will go into the House of Aquarius, as Aquarius follows Pisces in the precession of the equinoxes. Also Jesus is saying is that after the Age of Pisces will come the Age of Aquarius.

Furthermore, the character of Jesus, a literary and astrological hybrid, is most explicitly a plagiarization of the Egyptian Sun-god Horus. For example, inscribed about 3500 years before the "age of Jesus", on the walls of the Temple of Luxor in Egypt are images of the enunciation, the immaculate conception, the birth, and the adoration of Horus. The images begin with Thaw announcing to the virgin Isis that she will conceive Horus, then Nef the holy ghost impregnating the virgin, and then the virgin birth and the adoration. This is exactly the story of Jesus' miracle conception. In fact, the literary similarities between Jesus and the Egyption religion are staggering.

And the plagiarism is continuous. The story of Noah and Noah's Ark is taken directly from tradition. The concept of a Great Flood is ubiquitous throughout the ancient world, with over 200 different cited claims in different periods and times. However, one need look no further for a pre-Christian source than the Epic of Gilgamesh, written in 2600 b.c. This story talks of a Great Flood commanded by God, an Ark with saved animals upon it, and even the release and return of a dove, all held in common with the biblical story, among many other similarities.

And then there is the plagiarized story of Moses. Upon Moses' birth, it is said that he was placed in a reed basket and set adrift in a river in order to avoid infanticide. He was later rescued by a daughter of royalty and raised by her as a Prince. This baby in a basket story was lifted directly from the myth of Sargon of Akkad of around 2250 b.c. Sargon was born, placed in a reed basket in order to avoid infanticide, and set adrift in a river. He was in turn rescued and raised by Akki, a royal mid-wife.

Furthermore, Moses is known as the Law Giver, the giver of the Ten Commandments, the Mosaic Law. However, the idea of a Law being passed from God to a prophet on a mountain is also a very old motif. Moses is just a law giver in a long line of law givers in mythological history. In India, Manou was the great law giver. In Crete, Minos ascended Mount Dicta, where Zeus gave him the sacred laws. While in Egypt there was Mises, who carried stone tablets and upon them the laws of god were written.

The Bible is nothing more than an astro-theological literary fold hybrid, just like nearly all religious myths before it. In fact, the aspect of transference, of one character's attributes to a new character, can be found within the book itself. In the Old Testament there's the story of Joseph. Joseph was a prototype for Jesus. Joseph was born of a miracle birth, Jesus was born of a miracle birth. Joseph was of 12 brothers, Jesus had 12 disciples. Joseph was sold for 20 pieces of silver, Jesus was sold for 30 pieces of silver. Brother "Judah" suggests the sale of Joseph, disciple "Judas" suggests the sale of Jesus. Joseph began his work at the age of 30, Jesus began his work at the age of 30. The parallels go on and on.

Also, is there any non-Biblical historical evidence of any person, living with the name Jesus, the Son of Mary, who traveled about with 12 followers, healing people and the like? There are numerous historians who lived in and around the Mediterranean either during or soon after the assumed life of Jesus.How many of these historians document this figure? Not one. However, to be fair, that doesn't mean defenders of the Historical Jesus haven't claimed the contrary. Four historians are typically referenced to justify Jesus's existence. Pliny the younger, Suetonius, Tacitus and the first three. Each one of their entries consists of only a few sentences at best and only refer to the Christus or the Christ, which in fact is not name but a title. It means the "Anointed one" The fourth source is Josephus and this source has been proven to be a forgery for hundreds of years. Sadly, it is still sited as truth.

You would think that a guy who rose from the dead and ascended into Heaven for all eyes to see and performed the wealth of miracles acclaimed to him would have made it into the historical record. It didn't because once the evidence is weighed, there are very high odds that the figure known as Jesus, did not even exist.

The reality is, Jesus was the Solar Deity of the Gnostic Christian sect, and like all other Pagan gods, he was a mythical figure. It was the political establishment that sought to historize the Jesus figure for social control. By 325 a.d. in Rome, emperor Constantine convened the Council of Nicea. It was during this meeting that the politically motivated Christian Doctrines were established and thus began a long history of Christian bloodshed and spiritual fraud. And for the next 1600 years, the Vatican maintained a political stranglehold on all of Europe, leading to such joyous periods as the Dark Ages, along with enlightening events such as the Crusades, and the Inquisition.

Christianity, along with all other theistic belief systems, is the fraud of the age. It serves to detach the species from the natural world, and likewise, each other. It supports blind submission to authority. It reduces human responsibility to the effect that "God" controls everything, and in turn awful crimes can be justified in the name of Divine Pursuit. And most importantly, it empowers those who know the truth but use the myth to manipulate and control societies. The religious myth is the most powerful device ever created, and serves as the psychological soil upon which other myths can flourish

a little research and a free-thinking mind can go a long way towards discovering truth

Reconcile Edited: mydyingheart on 12th Oct, 2007 - 7:44am

12th Oct, 2007 - 4:01pm / Post ID: #

Perhaps there is one factor we are forgetting in this topic. We have dug up little evidence as yet but there are some indicators that should not be just fluffed of as scientist are just to busy trying to disprove rather then just observe.

I would like to also point out that it is commonly believed that all prehistoric "animals" were extinct. But yet we continue to discover living fossils in the oceans of this Earth. I think we are just st the tip of many great discoveries and many more will come in time.

Here are some sites that claim to prove Biblical facts.

Noah's Ark

https://www.arkdiscovery.com/noah's_ark.htm

https://www.s8int.com/noahsark1.html
Last place known of the Ark of Covent

[URL=https://www.arkdiscovery.com/ark-cov-index.htm]
https://www.arkdiscovery.com/ark-cov-index.htm[/URL]

Sodom and Gomorrah

https://www.arkdiscovery.com/sodom_&_gomorrah.htm

Crossing of the red sea.

https://www.arkdiscovery.com/red_sea_crossing.htm

Now here is a real stretch but I will post it. I often thought maybe the giants in the bible were well not human at all. I am linking as this to me is an extremist that is trying hard to sway the facts. I do believe both beasts he refers to are huge apes that were capable of using fairly complex tools. Could have Goliath been on these? Hard to think so as I always figured humans from the start were supposed to look very much like us today. I personally think that we have evolved since Adam and Eve just how much is grey to me.

https://www.s8int.com/giants1.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranthropus_robustus

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meganthropus

mydyingheart I think you have a great knowledge and I agree with some of the points you made. Many religions do reflect one another especially in the telling of a great flood and one god creating all. I questions come from an angle of why are they simular and I think that is because all somehow stem from the same creation of man and mans need to believe we do not exist for nothing. Is it a need manifested by self awareness or a need that was placed their by our creator to make us seek him. If we can answer that last question then all other answers will come.

I have never seen any proof of this or against it but I would like to ask has any one seen or heard of evidence that the rains did no fall on earth till ofter the great flood? The ground prior the flood were to have been given required moister from water that came from the earth up only. That is to say it never rained.

Here is one link to a theory on it.

https://www.creationscience.com/onlinebook/FAQ217.html

Interesting part in the theory is it explains a bit why there is evidence of great vegetation in areas now that are dead. Yes I also know of the many scientific theory also. This is just a fyi for thought.

I must ask what details in the bible has actually been scientifically proven wrong? In the geographical I think none now I am sure theories such as evolution vs creation which neither has been proven wrong or right are not the focus but actual facts found and in contradiction to the bible.

Post Date: 1st Dec, 2007 - 6:50pm / Post ID: #

Name: Elizabeth

Comments: Mydyingheart, did your research come straight from the film Zeitgeist? Did you research IT'S info?

Post Date: 11th Dec, 2007 - 1:57pm / Post ID: #

Name: DK

Comments: Hello everybody. I'd just like to add my 2 cents: I was brought up learning the Old Testament, but never seriously believed any of it... Every point that has been made so far appears valid. But, I'd just like to say that as I got older, I decided to investigate more about the Old Testament, and not only is it real, but it's the most real thing in existence. I know that sounds like a stretch, and I am not about to post a list of proofs, but I would just like to say that studying the Old Testament in depth has been one of the most satisfying things I've ever done with my life. It's all explainable, but it is not easy, nor face-value stuff.

Just thought people may be interested in hearing an opposing opinion from someone that has spent many hundreds of hours studying the Old Testament and arguing with many wise men as to its meaning.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Dec, 2007 - 5:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Is Bible Oldest History Book

Krakyn, they have never found the ark. They found old wood that proved out to be a few hundred years old. As well, there are very well known and very well funded scientists who are out there just trying to prove the bible. We have found evidence, significant evidence, from every major culture in that area from Egypt, to Babylon, to Assyria, to Canaanites, but not one verifiable shred of evidence for a biblical Israel Kingdom. Not one writing on one tablet, not one artifact from that nation. We can prove, archaeologically, the existence and placement of nations that were completely annihilated by another nation. There is no reason we shouldn't find evidence of Israel.

Further, most of these sites you posted just rewrite the bible to match what they have found. The Ark has not actually been found. The Ark of the Covenant has not actually been found. The Red Sea claim, it simply says that crossing and parting the red sea didn't mean the red sea itself. As well, it appears to find only a few remnants of possible Egyptian chariots, in water that is by an abandoned Egyptian base. And if what happened was a natural occurrence, like they suggest, then what miracle did god actually perform at all? It would mean that god wasn't even needed, so why give god glory for something found naturally?

So now we know, the parting of the Red Sea was really the natural parting of the Sea of Nuweiba? Not very spectacular now is it? And they assume the Exodus took place in roughly 1400 B.C. The problem is that era of Egypts history is well documented with lots of artifacts, none of which back up that an Israel even existed, not to mention any huge exodus or even leaving of slaves.

The entire Israel story appears to be collections of pieces of reality from differing cultures, melded into one big story that never really happened.

The names on the pillars are Phoenician, which is archaic Hebrew, and likely the language Hebrew came from. However, Hebrew is supposed to be a holy language of god, which has not changed since handed down.

The pillars give names, but no dates, times, or events. The evidence that this is where the crossing of the great sea happened appears to be just that there are recognizable names on the pillar. As well, no one seems to be able to properly date the pillars. One person put it at 1400, but several others put its dating nearly 800 years later. And anyone could have erected them. Edom had nothing to do with the crossing of the Red Sea, so why is it on there? No pharaoh is named, just the country Egypt. Death, moses, solomon, but nothing of any significance. As well, Yahweh has had his name printed on stone much earlier than Israel can be seen to exist. See, Yahweh happens to be a Canaanite/Babylonian god long before Israel took a liking to him.

These pillars of the Red Sea crossing also state that Mt. Sinai then must be in Saudi Arabia! This puts the promised land, so well described in the bible, much farther than the current Israel is placed! Either they are wrong, or the bible is wrong on the placement of the promised land.

So something is a little fishy. Which put the bible as a history book, solemnly in the 'NO' column.

Post Date: 7th Feb, 2008 - 5:37am / Post ID: #

Is Bible Oldest History Book The Bible Revealed

Name: Jered

Comments: Wow, my dying heart, have you seen Zeitgeist 48 times? For all the truths and reasonable concepts that movie contains, it also contains photoshopped pics of 9/11 victims and harldy any sources to back up alot of its assertations. It also misuses video of the beams being cut sideways as proof for the towers demolition collapse. You can watch firefighters using demos that cut the steel while demolishing it. Not saying anything, but dont take even this smug piece of self righteous trite 100%, even if some of it is true. Take care

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Is The Bible The Oldest History Book?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,