Home Schooling In Trinidad & Tobago - Page 5 of 22

For the past three years. The only regret - Page 5 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 7th Aug, 2009 - 12:29am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (22) »
Trinidad Homeschooling
Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2009 - 11:17pm / Post ID: #

Home Schooling In Trinidad & Tobago - Page 5

Name: Lee

Comments: We are planning to move to Trinidad soon from the UK - Although not home schooling now our sons have1 year before attending Secondary school- My thought is to home school for the next year in preparation for their SEA - prep exams for Secondary school - I have teachers in my family and can get the support - I looked at one school there and it is about $3000 tt dollars a term per child and they say there is a waiting list- I hate this almost separatist approach to education and find that the system does not produce rounded children- they just prepare them for exams and not life.

What are your thoughts on the 1 year for home schooling?

Sponsored Links:
22nd Apr, 2009 - 11:26pm / Post ID: #

Tobago and Trinidad Schooling Home

QUOTE (JoePublic @ 22-Apr 09, 7:17 PM)
Name: Lee

I hate this almost separatist approach to education and find that the system does not produce rounded children- they just prepare them for exams and not life.

Lee, spot on! MOST Primary Schools in Trinidad are only concerned about the SEA exam, there is such a pressure for the kids to do well in this exam that basically they have no life. If you was here and watch the news around the time the exam takes place, you would shake your head in disbelief seeing kids jumping of joy if they did well and many, many crying because they did not do too well. The parents along jumping like if they kids just received an Oscar nomination. It is truly sad that kids have to be put through such a torture in such young years.

What are your thoughts on the 1 year for home schooling?

What can I say? Go for it! If you can continue homeschooling then even greater! If you cannot, there are many options for secondary schools including private ones. Good luck, Lee!

Post Date: 29th Apr, 2009 - 1:34am / Post ID: #

Home Schooling In Trinidad & Tobago Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Name: Amanda

Comments: Still looking for parents who homeschool in south Trinidad.

Post Date: 13th Jul, 2009 - 11:20am / Post ID: #

Page 5 Tobago and Trinidad Schooling Home

Name: Caroline

Comments: So glad to find this forum! I am moving to Trinidad from the U.S. Very soon and plan to homeschool my 3 girls (ages 13,11, and 7) Just wondering if a homeschool group has been formed yet in the West Moorings area in Port Of Spain?

Post Date: 6th Aug, 2009 - 11:40pm / Post ID: #

Home Schooling In Trinidad & Tobago
A Friend

Tobago and Trinidad Schooling Home

Hello, I am very interested in homeschooling my girls 2 and 4 Holt style. They are both bright and assertive. God's gift to me. I need feedback from others who attempted it. Don't give a hoot about certificates, but care about quality of life - you only have one childhood. Please respond.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: All Discussion is Public, do not ask Members to contact you by Email or other methods. See Constructive Posting Policy

7th Aug, 2009 - 12:02am / Post ID: #

Dexter, that's kind of what I am doing with my 9 years old son, the "unschooling" method which is pretty much the Holt method. Works for me and my son who doesn't work well under an structured environment or curriculum.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Aug, 2009 - 12:26am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Home Schooling Trinidad & Tobago - Page 5

How long have you been 'unschooling'? Any regrets? Are you using the continum approach? Too me it makes sense in theory. I work for myself. So it will be very easy to tag along my daughter. In fact, she's actually been on a couple of jobs with me already after I picked her up from pre-school.

7th Aug, 2009 - 12:29am / Post ID: #

Home Schooling Trinidad & Tobago Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 5

For the past three years. The only regret it's time, I have other kids who I also plan to homeschool but they still too young. I am not using the exact Holt method but a mix of his theory and my own to cater for my particular situation. Why did you decide homeschool?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (22) »

> TOPIC: Home Schooling In Trinidad & Tobago

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,