The Art Of Discussion - Page 3 of 5

Our Perspective Dictates Our Reality. If you - Page 3 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 21st Sep, 2015 - 5:31am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
The Art,Discussion Want to fit in? This is a must read! If you have never been on a constructive Community before, or even if you think you were a born diplomat, you should read this Thread as we Discuss the Art of Discussion.
Post Date: 15th Feb, 2015 - 2:36am / Post ID: #

Member Graced
[?] CPosts: 125
Flag Posts: 128
Avg: 0.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 0.8%
[+] Gain: 258.44 FP
Charm: 0

The Art Of Discussion - Page 3

Being on this site has taught me a lot about discussing things in a meaningful way. Most of the input is relatively pleasant. I did read a couple of people getting angry by the tone of their words but they still maintained some level of composure in the rest of their writing. I try not to get into anything controversial which has probably kept me safe so far. wink.gif

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: -- | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: -- | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 26th Jul, 2013 - 8:27am
Signature:
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Apr, 2015 - 11:42am / Post ID: #

Discussion Art The

international QUOTE (Antivirus)
I try not to get into anything controversial which has probably kept me safe so far.

Don't be afraid to get into the controversial topics. Everyone can state their view about the subject without starting to attack those that reply to it. This is where the art of discussion comes in - you remain focus on amicable discussion rather than simply flaming those that don't agree with you.

Post Date: 26th Apr, 2015 - 4:19pm / Post ID: #

Member Seasoned
[?] CPosts: 377
Flag Posts: 385
Avg: 0.1 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 2.4%
[+] Gain: 624.40 FP
Charm: 7

The Art Of Discussion Sharing Member & Introductions

Discussing any topic requires a lot of listening or in this case reading before you talk or type in this case. If you don't do the prior then you end up sounding very ignorant either because you did not read or don't [know what's] being discussed.

Tenet: -- | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 26th Nov, 2012 - 1:25pm
Signature:
Post Date: 11th Jul, 2015 - 5:02pm / Post ID: #

Member Graced
[?] CPosts: 121
Flag Posts: 125
Avg: 0.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 0.6%
[+] Gain: 238.14 FP
Charm: 1

Page 3 Discussion Art The

Its genuinely refreshing to read stuff here without going off to the side. I hate to read the start of a very interesting topic and then see it sidelined because someone who thinks they are smart takes the topic in a different direction.

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: Agnostic | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 7th Nov, 2008 - 11:15am
Signature:
Post Date: 12th Jul, 2015 - 3:51pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Chief
[?] CPosts: 2,527
Flag Posts: 9,323
Avg: 1.6 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 41.2%
[+] Gain: 715.87 FP
Charm: 159

Discussion Art The

international QUOTE (Korrect)
Its genuinely refreshing to read stuff here without going off to the side.

I love that! I've been on other places where you start a topic and its like a pig fest. People enter with replies to either flame you, take your topic for their own means or even close it because what you have to say isn't 'good enough' rolleyes.gif.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Independent
Tenet: Christian (secular) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 15th Mar, 2008 - 12:15am
Signature:
Post Date: 4th Aug, 2015 - 3:20pm / Post ID: #

Member Editor
[?] CPosts: 467
Flag Posts: 1,788
Avg: 0.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 12.5%
[+] Gain: 144.57 FP
Charm: 48

The Art Of Discussion

I have not gotten into any heated debates but at the same time the discussions I have read have been very entertaining and well written so whatever rules are here they are doing a good job.

Tenet: -- | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 26th Feb, 2014 - 11:47pm
Signature:
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 5th Aug, 2015 - 9:03pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Chief
[?] CPosts: 2,527
Flag Posts: 9,323
Avg: 1.6 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 41.2%
[+] Gain: 715.87 FP
Charm: 159

The Art Discussion - Page 3

The rules are cool, really I don't think I've even ever had problems with it or me with them. I guess if you're just here to enjoy yourself and truly write then you will be fine. I think some members feel they have to prove something. rolleyes.gif

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Independent
Tenet: Christian (secular) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 15th Mar, 2008 - 12:15am
Signature:
Post Date: 21st Sep, 2015 - 5:31am / Post ID: #

The Art Of Discussion
A Friend

The Art Discussion Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 3

Our Perspective Dictates Our Reality.

If you are truly and honestly willing to engage in a discussion, then you need to be able to look at the topic being discussed from many different perspectives. Each perspective alters the resulting reality. The insights you gain from each perspective should provide you a means of understanding those involved in the discussion.

When discussing, acknowledge the common ground that is shared between those involved. Build from the common ground and enable others to understand your perspectives and concerns. Be willing to except others views and perspectives and validate them.

Really a discussion is designed as a learning process. If you have nothing worth while to discuss, stay out of the discussion. If you wish to follow the thread but not engage, more power to you. In the end, those who engage for selfish reasons, as was mentioned in previous threads, really have no place amongst the honest and pure learners.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: The Art Of Discussion

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,