The Art Of Discussion - Page 4 of 5

All of that is true. If you can't - Page 4 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 26th Sep, 2021 - 8:44am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
The Art,Discussion Want to fit in? This is a must read! If you have never been on a constructive Community before, or even if you think you were a born diplomat, you should read this Thread as we Discuss the Art of Discussion.
Post Date: 21st Sep, 2015 - 12:47pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,022
Flag Posts: 51,679
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,582.80 FP
Charm: 394

The Art Of Discussion - Page 4

Excellent! It is refreshing to see a new Member come in with this view because the norm is all the opposite. Only a few really know the Art of Discussion and the internet seems to accentuate those who are "Selfish" As you put it because they feel they are behind a wall of 'anonymity'.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 31st Dec, 2015 - 12:36pm / Post ID: #

Member Seasoned
[?] CPosts: 377
Flag Posts: 385
Avg: 0.1 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 2.4%
[+] Gain: 624.40 FP
Charm: 7

Discussion Art The

Krusten's example of a "Pig fest" is why I left other social networks. While I would like greater points of view in the topics here I'm grateful that the discussions are appropriate. Malcomshaw's words about it being a learning process is right. Some participants come to a discussion looking for converts to their way of thinking and block anything that does not conform to their point of view.

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: -- | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: -- | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 26th Nov, 2012 - 1:25pm
Signature:
Post Date: 15th Aug, 2018 - 12:09pm / Post ID: #

Member Junior
[?] CPosts: 39
Flag Posts: 52
Avg: 0.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 0.6%
[+] Gain: 117.60 FP
Charm: 1

The Art Of Discussion Sharing Member & Introductions

I can appreciate this. Its not an easy thing to keep people civil when they come together specially in online communities. I used to be a moderator in a group that would be cordial for a couple of days and then something emotional would break out among 1 or 2 in a group that would cause an uproar. We summed it up to people bringing their bad days into what they add online.

Tenet: -- | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 5th Aug, 2018 - 3:10am
Signature:
Post Date: 3rd Feb, 2020 - 4:43am / Post ID: #

The Art Of Discussion
A Friend

Page 4 Discussion Art The

Is it ok to advertise on threads? I wouldn't think so, however, I saw someone advertising and just wanted to make sure of that.

Post Date: 3rd Feb, 2020 - 9:20am / Post ID: #

Discussion Art The

There are designated places to advertise but sometimes people will spam. You can always help us locate them by using the "Report" button on the post in question.

Post Date: 17th Apr, 2020 - 3:09pm / Post ID: #

Member Junior
[?] CPosts: 44
Flag Posts: 58
Avg: 0.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 1.0%
[+] Gain: 100.00 FP
Charm: 2

The Art Of Discussion

Hi all,

I have received a comment from the admin about my spelling and keeping "In topic".

The first part I understand as English is my third language and even though I am comfortable with it I do make mistakes. I'll do my best and apologise in advance and if this becomes a problem for some people, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Note: the old English option, even though I find it very cool, I simply cannot do it (I'm glad at least that part is optional:))

Regarding my comments, I do not understand… again if my comments, opinions or suggestions of videos and other materials are not acceptable please let me also know.

I do take well good criticism, so do not hesitate to let me know.
In any case, good job for the site and keeping it with good topics.

- Alejandro.

Tenet: -- | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 15th Apr, 2020 - 3:32pm
Signature:
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Apr, 2020 - 3:25pm / Post ID: #

The Art Discussion - Page 4

Alejandro, you can always reference the Constructive Posting Policy which has examples but basically here are some tips that might help. Make sure that your comment furthers the subject. For instance, if a topic is about "3d cinemas" and your only comment is that you have not been to a 3d cinema then it really is not moving the topic forward. Otherwise, there would be so many topics that we can add to say "I have not tasted it", "I have not seen it", etc. I hope that helps. If you have more specific questions you can always ask in your own introduction thread.

Post Date: 26th Sep, 2021 - 8:44am / Post ID: #

Me
Member Seasoned
[?] CPosts: 222
Flag Posts: 341
Avg: 0.4 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 9.4%
[+] Gain: 30.00 FP
Charm: 2

The Art Discussion Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 4

All of that is true. If you can't accept someone and their discussions then you should not read it. I really like the discussions. I don't know why some people get mad so much. It is not good for the health.

Tenet: -- | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 23rd Sep, 2021 - 8:34pm
Signature:
+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: The Art Of Discussion

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,