Long Bow: How To Make - Page 4 of 5

Name: Archer Country: Comments: What kind - Page 4 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 8th Dec, 2012 - 4:18am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
I started by taping the chopping axe in with a 5lb sludge. Once it was in 4" or so I pulled it out and replaced it with a 5lb splitting maul. using the sledge I drove it down the centre grain of the tree. Read More
13th Aug, 2010 - 1:25pm / Post ID: #

Long Bow: How To Make - Page 4

Here is the bow I made for my eldest though he has now made this into a short bow with his staggering growth in the last three years.

You can see from use it is weakened a bit but I admit I am dieing to give things another go but I need to clean up the garage and redo it and make a proper work benching for doing it. It would be much easier to keep the limbs straight and evenly bending if a floor mounted structure is used as opposed to a work stand. steadier for filing and rough work. Then you could also notch every 6 inches to know the draw length.

I understand that 8 hours should produce a usable bow.

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Please use the Gallery for image uploads

Long Bow: How To Make
Long Bow: How To Make (Hover)

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Sponsored Links:
20th Oct, 2010 - 7:42pm / Post ID: #

Make To Bow Long

Cool job krakyn. It looks like the ones we get for archery at achool cept ours is hard plastic and yours is wooden. I wonder which one could take more punishment before it breaks.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 18 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.8%

22nd Oct, 2010 - 12:12am / Post ID: #

Long Bow: How To Make History & Civil Business Politics

Wooden bows have to be cared for to keep them from warping and cracking so I am thinking the fiberglass ones are more durable. I also think they would take it better if you have chops in it or hit something hard with it as well.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

22nd Oct, 2010 - 4:08pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Make To Bow Long

You're really talented to do something like that. I don't think I have that kind of patience in fact I don't have the patience to make a long bow, it's hard enough when I have to do a fishtail braid.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 168 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 16.8%

23rd Oct, 2010 - 10:14am / Post ID: #

Make To Bow Long

I have a great respect for the art. I wish I was proficient with them all. Alas my motivation attribute is 5. undecided.gif

IRL: My grandfather is a wood worker. My favorite boss restored antiques.

I have read a little of this thread but have not made a bow, yet.

* Points to motivation 5 *

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 70 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 7%

27th Oct, 2010 - 12:36pm / Post ID: #

Long Bow: How To Make

Yeah I would love to build one also but I regularly start a project then let it sit awhile before I finish it, although after reading this thread a little bit this might fall exactly into my normal modus operandi so maybe I will have to consider it.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 0 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Oct, 2010 - 7:47pm / Post ID: #

Long Bow To Make - Page 4

If any do proceed with an attempt I really really suggest a good vice and stable work place. Clamps on a solid table work well also. Just when working the arms it is nice to stretch the bow as you sand so you can see the shape as you go. Once I get a new shed I am going to give this another go as well as a cross bow. Small toy size to shoot squirrels or rats.

Post Date: 8th Dec, 2012 - 4:18am / Post ID: #

Long Bow To Make Politics Business Civil & History - Page 4

Name: Archer

Comments: What kind of range do you get from a bow like that, I'm talking accurate shots and not just furthest distance from the bow.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Long Bow: How To Make

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,