TTCrime.com Feedback - Page 11 of 23

TTCrime has been updated to show the new year's - Page 11 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 1st Jan, 2013 - 2:58pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 23 pgs.  7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  ...Latest (23) »
Trinidad Crime Feedback
This Thread is reserved to make comments about the site as a whole and things you would like to see within the site or our coverage of the Crime scene in Trinidad & Tobago.
5th Nov, 2012 - 2:34pm / Post ID: #

TTCrime.com Feedback - Page 11

Thanks for informing us. The number was transposed into 2011, but it has been corrected now. For your other point we only cover murders and kidnappings for ransom, there are no other stats that we track for the current year.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Nov, 2012 - 1:50pm / Post ID: #

Feedback TTCrimecom

Name: Anthony

Title: Daily Murder Statistic

Comments: For Example in my line of Duty I need to know the Hot spots and which is not, my Life depends on that type of information. If not I could enter a community which has a high murder rate because of current gang warfare. So by these murder rates being expose daily, I will understand the landscape and practice due diligence.

Post Date: 9th Nov, 2012 - 4:48pm / Post ID: #

TTCrime.com Feedback Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Name: Hiram

Title: Murders figures 2008 to 2012 (Sep)

Comments: I have verified with the Trinidad and Tobago Police service web site and these are the murders figures 2008 to 2012 (September) 2008 = 529, 2009 = 473, 2010 = 472, 2011 = 343, and 2012 up to September = 306 so I want to know who is wrong is it this site or is it the T&T Police Service web site.

9th Nov, 2012 - 5:03pm / Post ID: #

Page 11 Feedback TTCrimecom

You bring up an interesting point. We follow the news for our figures as they are reported. For instance, let's use your example:

international QUOTE
2012 up to September = 306

I do not know what the figure was back then but up to last night it was 345 according to the Trinidad Express:

international QUOTE
The murder toll stood at 345 up to press time last night according to an Express tally. The murder toll for the same period last year stood at 299 Ref. Source 5

There are some points of interest on this:

1. Dr. Rowley brought up this matter some time ago saying they were also following the figures and what the TTPS website showed is way short of their count. We do not follow the PNM's statistics but just to show we are not the only ones following that get different results.

2. Often times a case may be deemed as murder at first and then changed later to something else (I don't know what). It seems that each media source gives a different count but we tend to use TV6 / Trinidad Express figures.

3. I do not know if the TTPS counts bodies found - for instance in the forest, to a particular year's count. I also do not know if they tally it by degree of murder / manslaughter, etc.

4. Here is another case in point for 2008. You said that you found 2008 = 529 but here is a quote from the Police Commissioner saying what their figure was:
international QUOTE
According to Deputy Commissioner of Police Gilbert Reyes, there were 545 homicides reported in 2008 and out of that figure, 365 were gang-related. Two things immediately stand out. Ref. Source 6

Notice he said that was the figure of reported cases. That brings up the question… If someone was found to be murdered in a former year are they added to that year or current and how would they know that - forensics?

Although we take our info from a combination of the police and the media it is sometimes difficult to know the true figure as there are so many varying reports.

NOTE: See where this mix in numbers still happens in 2016 through this Post.

Post Date: 30th Nov, 2012 - 1:11pm / Post ID: #

Feedback TTCrimecom

Name: Sheldon

Title: Kidnappings

Comments: I am wondering if kidnappings reflect all kidnappings or just those for ransom because I think according to the TTPS their were some 131 kidnappings up to October 2012.

30th Nov, 2012 - 1:13pm / Post ID: #

TTCrime.com Feedback

The double asterix defines the Kidnappings on the site:

** Kidnapping for ransom figures only - other types of kidnapping may make this number higher. Sometimes what was originally seen as a kidnapping turned out to be another sort of crime

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th Dec, 2012 - 11:33am / Post ID: #

TTCrime.com Feedback - Page 11

Express Murder Figure vs. Police Murder Figure

Here is a good example showing the difference mentioned here: Source 2

A couple of days ago one murder Express Newspaper report said that there was 376 murders but later at night during TV6 News they reported two more murders which should have made the figure 378 but TV6 anchor Samantha John reported the police tally was 374. However, if you do a count based on daily news about Murder cases it does not add up.

1st Jan, 2013 - 2:58pm / Post ID: #

TTCrime.com Feedback Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 11

TTCrime has been updated to show the new year's starting figures and last year's (2012). I have it at 381 with the death of the soldier, but I will no better later through the news if any murders took place yesterday.

> TOPIC: TTCrime.com Feedback

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,