RPG Hand To Hand Weapons - Page 4 of 6

QUOTE Sticking with actual hand to hand weapons - Page 4 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 26th Jan, 2009 - 2:12pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
22nd Jan, 2009 - 7:59pm / Post ID: #

RPG Hand To Hand Weapons - Page 4

DandD never took int account the shield smash that occurs in real life. That is most likely why.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2009 - 8:09pm / Post ID: #

RPG Hand To Hand Weapons
A Friend

Weapons Hand Hand RPG

When I played D&D we took the shield smash into account. You had to roll to hit just like you had to roll to hit with your sword or mace. If you succeeded you had a chance of stunning your opponent. IF you stunned them they fought for -4 on their rolls and hit for 1-6 melee rounds.

I believe we figured the chance of stun was 5% per your level. We often found ourselves acting out some of our battles so we could all see what was going on. We had a group of eight regular players.

Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2009 - 8:49pm / Post ID: #

RPG Hand To Hand Weapons
A Friend

RPG Hand To Hand Weapons Reviews RPG & Card Board

In the game that I play, many people shield bash. It stuns your opponent and makes it a lot more fun.
The game is called Dagorhir, if any of you watched Wreakreation Nation on Tuesday, you saw what our game is about. We do allow a lot of rough contact like shield bashing. Although some people in Dagorhir have spiked shields, they are not counted as a hit if someone smashes you. Not only that, but they are required to be made of foam. That's why many people don't use them.
Spiked shields in medieval times were quite popular with mercenary groups, sometimes even Vikings had a central spike on their buckler. Another large group, (the name group almost contradicts what they are) mercenaries used spiked sheilds a lot.
Templars and British knights tended to use a flat tower shield or teardrop shield. In Dagorhir, we have a lot of good examples of these types of shields.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Items not related to Discussion removed. Please use the Offtopic Tags so that the Thread maintains the SAME subject matter and does not develop into another Topic. See Constructive Posting Policy.

22nd Jan, 2009 - 9:30pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Weapons Hand Hand RPG

Sound like you have loads of fun. perhaps you might be interested is hosting a game here. There is threads for it and we can include your styling as it is your choice. But back on topic yes I bet a shield stun of 5% would be a good estimation.

Post Date: 23rd Jan, 2009 - 4:00am / Post ID: #

RPG Hand To Hand Weapons
A Friend

Weapons Hand Hand RPG

Anyway, I have never played DnD before, but it sounds interesting. Ever heard of razor shields? They have sharp jagged edges around the outside of them for slashing. Mostly, they are a little larger than bucklers, making them easier to wield as a weapon.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Start specific Threads for other RPG types. Please use the Offtopic Tags so that the Thread maintains the SAME subject matter and does not develop into another Topic. See Constructive Posting Policy.

25th Jan, 2009 - 6:29pm / Post ID: #

RPG Hand To Hand Weapons

Sticking with actual hand to hand weapons I've found that in terms of damage nothing can really beat a sturdy two handed sword. They're no good in an enclosed setting but on the battle field they pack a punch.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
25th Jan, 2009 - 9:16pm / Post ID: #

RPG Hand Hand Weapons - Page 4

You can use a two handed word that duals as a short sword or dagger. Its built that way at the hilt but you'll probably have to get the blacksmith to build you one.

Post Date: 26th Jan, 2009 - 2:12pm / Post ID: #

RPG Hand To Hand Weapons
A Friend

RPG Hand Hand Weapons Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 4

Sticking with actual hand to hand weapons I've found that in terms of damage nothing can really beat a sturdy two handed sword. They're no good in an enclosed setting but on the battle field they pack a punch.

A good two handed sword is in my opinion the most useful weapon on the field, if used correctly. On the field, you need to be able to swing it quickly, and dodge faster attacks. A friend of mine once attacked me while I was wielding a two handed sword, the only way he ever gets around me is by:
1. Using florentine
or
2. Using another two handed sword

florentine is not a specialty of mine, but it is another useful hand to hand combination, but like all weapons need to be handled correctly. Dual wielding requires extreme hand-eye coordination. A skill not needed so drastically for using a two handed sword.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: RPG Hand To Hand Weapons

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,