RPG Hand To Hand Weapons - Page 2 of 6

Dagger is more versatile but you can carry - Page 2 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 21st Jan, 2009 - 9:14pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Post Date: 20th Jan, 2009 - 11:09pm / Post ID: #

RPG Hand To Hand Weapons
A Friend

RPG Hand To Hand Weapons - Page 2

I'm actually part of a LARPG, as a result, I know a fair bit about weapons.
Most swordbreakers were sharpened, only sometimes were they used to stab with. Most of the time, they were built at the base of a sword so the opponent's blade could be caught after bouncing back off of the hiltguard.

I'd have to say a two handed or greatsword suits me best, if I cant get my hands on one of them, I like flails or maces.

Sponsored Links:
20th Jan, 2009 - 11:29pm / Post ID: #

Weapons Hand Hand RPG

As a player I always went for the two-handed sword, with a dagger as a reserve for tight quarters. Daggers can also make brilliant missile weapons for escape or to stop an attack.

Post Date: 20th Jan, 2009 - 11:35pm / Post ID: #

RPG Hand To Hand Weapons
A Friend

RPG Hand To Hand Weapons Reviews RPG & Card Board

I have a friend who is also in this LARP with me, he prefers to fight flourentine as well, he uses two short-swords.
I definitly know what you mean about using a dagger. When I fight, I use a two handed sword. It is very useful to have a dagger (ours are padded so we can actually stab) for when your opponent might have you in a grapple or sword-lock.

21st Jan, 2009 - 2:35am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Weapons Hand Hand RPG

Yes a couple of daggers and the two handed sword works well. Used that combo a few times had one character who carried 6 dagger strapped on him. Lost a lot of daggers but never got stuck in any nets.

Post Date: 21st Jan, 2009 - 4:48pm / Post ID: #

RPG Hand To Hand Weapons
A Friend

Weapons Hand Hand RPG

I have found that during swordplay you should never allow yourself to be caught is a sword lock. I will spin my way out and try a different attack. I like the long sword for it versatility in both the close melee and the more spread out melee. A good shield smash to the opponent is a nice option too.

21st Jan, 2009 - 8:02pm / Post ID: #

RPG Hand To Hand Weapons

What about some of those badass oriental weapons especially the throwing stars and man-catcher.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 21st Jan, 2009 - 8:19pm / Post ID: #

RPG Hand To Hand Weapons
A Friend

RPG Hand Hand Weapons - Page 2

I don't usually use oriental weapons. Give me a good Claymore any day.
I have fashioned throwing stars once or twice, they are fun to use, although, sometimes illegal depending on where you are.

21st Jan, 2009 - 9:14pm / Post ID: #

RPG Hand Hand Weapons Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 2

Dagger is more versatile but you can carry many more throwing stars. I guess I always played medieval themes so they are not part of that setting, so I never thought much on them.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: RPG Hand To Hand Weapons

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,