Pursuing The American Dream

Pursuing American Dream - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 11th Apr, 2011 - 11:23pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Best of  Pursuing American Dream
Post Date: 17th Mar, 2007 - 6:55pm / Post ID: #

Pursuing the American Dream

Did some research and found some very interesting ideas on the subject. It seems the "American Dream" Is something "They" Tell you to chase because "They" Need a work force. After all, who would make "Them" Money, if it were not for average worker, who has nothing more substantial than time and effort to exchange for money. True, you can accomplish much in this country, in one life time, however you will spend your most precious commodity to do it. Our time is the most valuable asset and it is being taken away from us so that we may live comfortably.

Read More: https://www.internationaldiscussions.org/ar...ea-a164215.html

Pursuing The American Dream (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Mar, 2007 - 3:31am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dream American Pursuing

I disagree with you Archive, The American dream is not being taken from us so that others can be rich. We are freely giving it up, because we are taught in schools to have good grades so we can have a good job.

I refuse to be a good employee. I have sought different ways to be my own person, my own man, to truly live the American dream to be independent of Employers, to be able to take a vacation when I want to with out losing money.

We decided if we want to live the American dream or if we want to help someone else live the American dream.

Post Date: 18th Mar, 2007 - 3:48am / Post ID: #

Pursuing The American Dream History & Civil Business Politics

User Zelph, Archive is a Bot, and all she does is quote Articles from our Archive of Articles... hence the "Read More" in all of her posts. Please do read the Article above (utilize the link) and then comment based on the original Author's writings in whole.

Post Date: 5th Jul, 2007 - 12:04pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Dream American Pursuing

AMERICAN DREAM IS STILL ALIVE FOR MANY

If the American dream means doing better than your parents did, then Mike Brockman's not living it. Single, with a 10-year-old daughter, he's a server at a Black Angus restaurant in Mesa, Ariz. His father at his age had a good, steady job as a machinist at TRW.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1,1249,...96518,00.html

Post Date: 5th Aug, 2010 - 12:22am / Post ID: #

Dream American Pursuing

The Avoidable Depression; "No one believes the U.S. Is the land of opportunity anymore"
By Mike Whitney

8 million jobs have been lost since the beginning of the recession, but policymakers on Capital Hill and at the Fed refuse to initiate government programs or provide funding that will put the country back to work. Long-term "structural" unemployment is here to stay. Ref. Source 2

Post Date: 5th Aug, 2010 - 10:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

A quote I have heard a few months back that got me to thinking, "Dreaming the dream living the nightmare".

I do not know who first said it to me or who actually coined this phrase but it makes sense. We all dream of the american dream and having all that we wish and to provide well for our kids and grandkids. To some this has been hard to accomplish or even in some cases impossible. Thus you have people who are now feeling trapped in their work and not enjoying what they call the american dream at all.

For me I enjoy my work a lot and even if I am not making 6 figures I am happy with everything I have and how I am providing for my family. I feel that I am living my dream. smile.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Oct, 2010 - 1:18pm / Post ID: #

Pursuing American Dream

Are you living the 'American Dream'?

If you talk to hardworking people about why they put in those long hours at the factory or office to build careers and support their families, chances are the conversation eventually will turn to the "American Dream." Ref. Source 1

Post Date: 11th Apr, 2011 - 11:23pm / Post ID: #

Pursuing American Dream Politics Business Civil & History

The American Dream As We Know It Is Obsolete
By Arun Gupta

However outdated the American Dream, organized labor and liberals desperately cling to it as they retreat in the face of the Republican and corporate blitzkrieg. In this war, the battlefield is social spending and the public sector, and for the losing side the situation is dire. Ref. Source 4

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Pursuing The American Dream

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,