Akon Performance In Trinidad - Page 3 of 11

Imus says "Nappy headed Hos" and - Page 3 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 24th Apr, 2007 - 6:20am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (11) »
Why some young girls need to act up like prostitutes? Where are the parents of these girls? Check the article and look at her outfit, she even looks underage. Should the government stop these kinds of performances or does it seem to be entrenched in the culture?
Akon Performance In Trinidad Related Information to Akon Performance In Trinidad
21st Apr, 2007 - 2:57am / Post ID: #

Akon Performance In Trinidad - Page 3

Thank you for posting the link, concerning the Pastor defending his daughter. I cannot believe his statements. He referred to the matter as his daughter loves to dance and won a competition. Hmm interesting. Maybe he approves of her dancing in a vulgar and highly suggestive manner. What I cannot understand is, instead of punishing her for going to a nightclub dressed in very little clothing, he claims that it is not his duty to penalize her but to be understanding and assist her to grow stronger. Well no wonder the poor child goes out and behaves like that! She has absolutely no supervision at home!

JB I suspect Deena's apology was borne out of the pressure, her father is currently under. Everyone is appalled with this incident especially as it concerns a Pastor's daughter. The Pastor is a human being who is currently experiencing problems, in controlling his teenaged daughter, just like the rest of us. But he needs to be more strict with her and implement a curfew system. I suppose he is very embarrassed about his daughter's lewd conduct but like every good parent, he will defend her no matter what. And you really cannot blame him for being on the defensive, after all, she is his flesh and blood.

One of my friends told me that, the Pastor is contemplating legal action against Johnny Soong, (the owner of Zen nightclub,) for allowing his under aged daughter into the club. I hope he is successful in his lawsuit!

Reconcile Edited: Geenie on 21st Apr, 2007 - 3:05am

Sponsored Links:
21st Apr, 2007 - 1:08pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Performance Akon

All I have to say is: the Pastor and the girl think everybody is stupid. She made sure though to repeat over and over how her father "warn her". Yeah right. If you checked her Hi5 page (now removed by her) you would realize this is not a one time thing as she is trying to put it. This girl has been partying for a very long time and her parents are very aware of it. Some few statements taken from the Express and Guardian:

"They asked for ID in VIP because you have to be 21 years and over to go up in VIP, but anyone was allowed to go in the general admission area."

The teenager who admitted that her biggest passion is dancing said she thought that she was only taking part in a normal dance competition.

"I thought it was going to be normal," Alleyne said.

Oh that's why she asks Akon to lay on the floor so she could go on top of him? That's an interesting concept of a "normal" dance competition.

https://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/ar...ws?id=161132916

But look at this one, you don't know if to laugh or cry yes...

Danah said, "My parents had no clue I was going to the concert or how I was dressed. I told them I was going with my cousins for ice cream. When I left the house I had on a jacket."

Did she say for ice-cream? laugh.gif At what time was this concert? 2:00pm? *laughs*

Danah said Akon's bodyguard then pulled her up on stage.

"I told him I can't be here but he told me to stay. I was scared. I was freaking out," she added.

She did not look scared at all to me...

But of course...let's blame somebody else and not her parents:

Danah's brother, Ian Alleyne, president of the T&T Crime Watch Association, said he was disgusted by what happened. He said, "She is a minor. She should not have been let in the club! Young people must be protected. It is terrible what has happened to her, but her parents are not at fault.

https://www.guardian.co.tt/news1.html

Oh yes, and then we wonder why this girl is partying and dressing like a prostitute at age 14?

21st Apr, 2007 - 2:49pm / Post ID: #

Akon Performance In Trinidad Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

The fact of the matter is... if you were going to an Akon concert, you were not going expecting to witness a choir of holy angels, you are going there because you want to participate in raw gutter type trash. Thus here is how I see the whole affair...

1. Shame on the people who allowed him here
2. Shame on Zen for promoting this rubbish
3. Shame on the people who buy tickets and encourage nastiness
4. Shame on the security for allowing children to enter and see this filth
5. Shame on everyone who cheered it on

The parental issue is another thing to talk about, I won't go there, but I will say that from a second view of the interview last night I did not see sincerity in her eyes... time will tell. Girls who do this like attention. She got MORE of it after the concert so she is going with the flow.

21st Apr, 2007 - 10:34pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Trinidad Performance Akon

The pastor got the daughter to apologize on national television.

JB I am curious. You said that you saw Deena Alleyne's apology last night on television. On which station and what time was the apology shown? I am sure I missed it because I was too busy reading all these threads and perusing my emails at that specific time!

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Offtopic tags are not necessary and cannot be used for an entire Post.

22nd Apr, 2007 - 8:06pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Performance Akon

Even the politicians are speaking about this case. Minister in the Ministry of National Security Fitzgerald Hinds called the young girl "young and wild and stupid" and that Akon should be brought to justice for lewd dancing in public. I wonder if during Carnival that law is completly removed or even in nightclubs every single weekend or is it the "dutty wine" not considered "lew dancing" in Trinidad and Tobago. What a hypocrisy. rolleyes.gif He even plan to bring this issue in Parliament on Wednesday. Aren't there more important issues to deal about in Parliament than talking about a wild girl who chose to get in that sort of situation? This country is a Banana Republic.

Minister in the Ministry of National Security Fitzgerald Hinds has called for legal action to be taken against R&B/ hip hop star, Akon.

During a recent performance at Club Zen, the entertainer "dry-humped" Deena Alleyne, 14.

The act, which imitated sexual intercourse has opened a national debate on who should bear the most blame for the incident.

"Akon means 'convict' and I feel he should be a 'convict' in Trinidad and Tobago," Hinds said, "having possibly committed a criminal offence of lewd dancing in public".

The minister was speaking to the media after the PNM general council at Balisier House, Port of Spain, yesterday.

He called Deena "young and wild and stupid", but berated those present for not coming to her aid.

"Notwithstanding her stupidity, she deserved the protection of adults. And I saw adults in that function cheering on that convict," he said....

23rd Apr, 2007 - 1:24am / Post ID: #

Akon Performance In Trinidad

I never dreamed that this incident would receive so much attention from the media and the public. I saw pictures of Deena Alleyne in today's newspapers and an amateur video of the incident on the news tonight. I must comment that this young lady looks very mature for her age! It's hard to believe that she is only fourteen years old! The video was everything I imagined it would be. It reminds me of a similar incident that Bobby Brown was charged for (simulated sex acts on stage with a fan), many years ago. However, what I found appalling (apart from how this poor young lady was treated) was the audience's reaction and how Akon "fled" the stage, leaving his "victim" behind. He never even bothered to look at her or pick her up. This indicates how much respect he had for her! Well to avoid this incident from reoccuring, I believe that the following measures should be implemented:

1) Parents should be more vigilant of their child's whereabouts. Ask questions and confirm stories. If your child says she is going to a friend's house, call the friend's mother to confirm her story. If you are suspicious about your child wearing clothes that she doesn't wish you to see, perhaps you could say: "Hey that's a nice jacket you are wearing! May I try it on?" Examine your child's reaction and if it looks suspicious, insist that you want to see the jacket.

2) The government should implement a fine for club owners who allow minors in their club. If the club owner violates the law for the first time, the club owner would be fined; the second time, the club owner would be fined and jailed. Hopefully once the penalty is harsh, this may provide an incentive for people to abide by the law.

3) As JB rightfully said, Akon should be fined and banned. Hopefully, this may send a warning to all future artistes, to treat our people with more respect!

I read the Junior Minister of National Security, Fitzgerald Hinds' derogatory remarks about Deena Alleyne. They were very harsh but he was merely voicing what the rest of us have been thinking. I believe that Deena's family have been "judged" by the public and also subjected to a lot of embarrassment over this incident. Let us not forget that Deena's behaviour was a result of her immaturity and lack of guidance from her parents.

The worst part of this whole incident is, the video has been seen all over the world and now artistes may feel that when they are invited to perform here, they can have "their own way with our ladies." Deena Alleyne has placed all the ladies of Trinidad and Tobago in a negative spotlight. I hope and pray that she has learnt her lesson from all of this.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Apr, 2007 - 12:47pm / Post ID: #

Akon Performance Trinidad - Page 3

Geenie said:

However, what I found appalling (apart from how this poor young lady was treated) was the audience's reaction and how Akon "fled" the stage, leaving his "victim" behind. He never even bothered to look at her or pick her up. This indicates how much respect he had for her!

Poor young lady? spock.gif Listen, if you saw her Hi5 page this girl has been partying and drinking and taking sexy pictures for a very long time (including some in the shower!). How is she suddenly a "poor young lady"? I am very sure the parents were fully aware of everything, why? This kid also has a huge tattoo on her back and is pierced on her navel, pictures of her show she goes to clubs very often so the parents were not aware of these activities at all? Her wardrobe that shows on her page is full of that type of clothing she was wearing at Akon's performance and the parents do not know that either, bologna! They just do not want to look like fools, after all, he is a big Pastor who probably telling other Church goers how they should raise their own kids while her own daughter is posting pics of her almost naked, sticking her tongue in a sexual manner and saying "Do you want me?".

Respect he had for her? Like you did not see the imagines where SHE ask HIM to lay down on the floor, and she goes on top to do "her thing". She did not look like a "poor young lady" at that point. She even was playing with Akon's belt and pulling it off! *rolling eyes* I think we are really talking about two different girls. The one I saw, does not look like a "poor young lady" at all.

I believe that Deena's family have been "judged" by the public and also subjected to a lot of embarrassment over this incident. Let us not forget that Deena's behaviour was a result of her immaturity and lack of guidance from her parents.

The only person who is responsible for this embarrassment is the girl and the father for behaving like a fool and defending her instead of teaching her a lesson.

and now artistes may feel that when they are invited to perform here, they can have "their own way with our ladies." Deena Alleyne has placed all the ladies of Trinidad and Tobago in a negative spotlight

They do not have to think because of this incident that they can have now their own way with the ladies, they DO! Right now! If it wasn't Deena, somebody else would have fill the spot. After all, girls that listen to a guy who one of his songs is "I wanna (insert F word here)" are not precisely the quiet type.

We have TONS of wild girls in Trinidad and Tobago.

24th Apr, 2007 - 6:20am / Post ID: #

Akon Performance Trinidad Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 3

Imus says "Nappy headed Hos" and loses his job and livelihood. Do not be too upset as he is well off, but none the less he losses his job and there isn't another one like it out there and this guy just keeps rappin'. The rap world is filled with Akons, but not all of them are Akons...just a significant high profile number. However, the answer is the same for both.

Do not buy his records (oops..should have said CD's). Do not listen to stations that play his music. Do not watch the stations that cover his news. Do not buy the products or visit the places that buy time on the stations and make sure they know it is because of their playing of his music and there will be no more Mr Akon. But if there is enough people buying his wares, then he will stay for a good long time. It is unfortunate because there is such a appetite for this sort of stuff. I wouldn't wait for Deena and her father as I think they will be longtime followers of Mr Akon.

With the advent of the digital camcorder, Deena will have something she can share with her children when they are her age or maybe the kids will just find it on the internet. Probably should have just gone and gotten the ice cream.

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 24th Apr, 2007 - 6:21am

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (11) »

> TOPIC: Akon Performance In Trinidad

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,