Akon Performance In Trinidad - Page 2 of 11

The pastor got the daughter to apologize on - Page 2 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 21st Apr, 2007 - 2:08am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (11) »
Why some young girls need to act up like prostitutes? Where are the parents of these girls? Check the article and look at her outfit, she even looks underage. Should the government stop these kinds of performances or does it seem to be entrenched in the culture?
Akon Performance In Trinidad Related Information to Akon Performance In Trinidad
Post Date: 19th Apr, 2007 - 8:17pm / Post ID: #

Akon Performance In Trinidad
A Friend

Akon Performance In Trinidad - Page 2

I agree that Akon should be fined even more heavily than the Jamaican acts who were fined for their profane language. What I find even more disturbing is the fact that this was all a game to Akon,he effectively lied to the entire crown and then assualted this girl.Here and there,I am hearing things like the young girl went after him when the show was over to return to his hotel room and other such rubbish.

It is sad that around the world,whenever things like this happen,the action is portrayed in the light of the woman's 'bad behaviour'.As if her agreeing to dance on stage justifies his animalistic behavior.I am sure when she went onto the stage,this was not what she was expecting.To wine is one thing,to be flung about like a plastic doll is another.

Rather off topic, but...
As for the Muslim community in Trinidad,I think they prefer not to think of their children in those settings.If I remember correctly,drinking is prohibited in islam as is women/girls going to parties in tube tops etc.

The video in reference ,I saw today on Utube that it got close to 50,000 views. it is sad that with so many beautiful things to show the world,the news about Trinidad involves this disgusting act by Akon.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please learn how to use the offtopic tags. Space out your messages so they are not jumbled by commas and periods.

Sponsored Links:
19th Apr, 2007 - 8:30pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Performance Akon

Nicky said:

What I find even more disturbing is the fact that this was all a game to Akon,he effectively lied to the entire crown and then assualted this girl

Assaulted this girl? Hmmm...she went on stage willingly, second the whole crowd was cheering the whole thing. She certainly did NOT look like she did not like it (she did not make any signs to him or others to stop) but all the opposite.

Of course it does not justify his behavior that was terrible but EXPECTED of someone who plays and sings that type of music but if you saw the video and pictures you will see a big smile on her face. She did not look troubled in the least.

Post Date: 20th Apr, 2007 - 3:27am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Akon Performance In Trinidad Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Pastor Defends Daughter

Alleyne yesterday described the racy dance video of his 14-year-old daughter and Akon as "atrocious" but said that Deena was taken advantage of when she attended a concert at which Akon, a hip hop and R&B artiste was featured. "She likes dancing and won a competition," Alleyne said, adding that she became a victim in a situation where she had no control.
Ref. https://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/ar...ws?id=161131763

20th Apr, 2007 - 3:36am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Trinidad Performance Akon

This is crazy. The Pastor defending her daughter publicly after the14years old kid was dressed like a prostitute, went to a nightclub, participated in a "dutty wine" competition, describes herself as "wild" and have pics of her and statements on her hi5 page that would make any adult blush. My goodness! Is he blind or something? Unbelievable! No wonder the girl is like that. Shame on the Pastor. Not even ONE comment on the stupidity of his own daughter neither she was punished at home from what he says in this article.

Oh yes, ignorance is a bliss....

Post Date: 20th Apr, 2007 - 4:50am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Trinidad Performance Akon

I just don't know what to think about it all.Someone who was there just told me that before the clip for you tube was filmed, this 14 year old daughter of a pastor asked akon to lie on the stage and then proceeded to simulate sex with him.

When I was 14 my mother refused to let me leave the house in a thin strap/vest top far more for allowing me to go to a club.

I can only hope that this was a bad decision of her youth and not an implication of the person she will be as an adult.It does reflect however,the lack of morality that is sweeping over young Trinis.I am only 22 but I can already see a difference between my generation and those a mere 6 to 8 years behind. If anything,hopefully this national embarassment can stir some parents to keep a closer eye on their teenagers.

Maybe new legislature is needed with harsher penalties for selling alcohol to minors/letting minors enter clubs?
I heard someone throw out the idea of an age limit to play mas.Whatever is done,if anything,it is pretty obvious that things are going to get worse before they get better.

20th Apr, 2007 - 12:24pm / Post ID: #

Nicky, there are many things being said. The thing is, yes what Akon did was absolutely wrong and cannot be justified in any way. What it does concerns me about the Pastor's comments is that he does not even mention once some sort of responsibility from his part on the way his daughter behaved. How he justifies having his 14 years old kid dressing like that and going to a nightclub? How he justifies her pics on hi5, sticking tongue, sexy positions, in the shower and headlines such as "You want me?". He is either blind, in denial or he does not care anything at all!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
20th Apr, 2007 - 1:04pm / Post ID: #

Akon Performance Trinidad - Page 2

Since we posted this Topic here we now have about 4,500 views of this Thread! That is almost half of long debated Threads like the 'War in Iraq', and what this shows is the kinds of Topics that interest Trinidadians. We have hundreds of Threads here about varrying aspects of Trinidad that people could read and participate in, but no... a young little thing' dresses like a prostitute and is virtually raped on stage and everyone wants to know about that. Never mind the crime, the inflation - Trinis want vice!

Akon Performance In Trinidad (Hover)

21st Apr, 2007 - 2:08am / Post ID: #

Akon Performance Trinidad Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 2

The pastor got the daughter to apologize on national television. She said she turned a new leaf and it seems like she took off her Hi-5 web page. I hope she is sincere and not merely trying to please daddy.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (11) »

> TOPIC: Akon Performance In Trinidad

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,