Vegetarianism

Vegetarianism - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 24th Mar, 2008 - 2:42pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (7) »

?
Poll: What kind of Vegetarian are you now or will you like to be?
  1. Pescatarian (also spelled pescetarian) - no meat save fish       7.69%
  2. Flexitarian / Semi-vegetarian - occasional meat       23.08%
  3. Lacto-ovo- vegetarian - no meat but yes for dairy / eggs       30.77%
  4. Lacto-vegetarian - no meat, no eggs but yes for dairy       7.69%
  5. Ovo-vegetarian - no meat, no dairy - yes eggs       7.69%
  6. Vegan - no meat, no dairy, no eggs       23.08%
Total Votes: 13
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Best of  Vegetarianism
23rd Apr, 2007 - 8:06pm / Post ID: #

Vegetarianism

I believe Vegetarianism is the correct diet for our bodies. As a matter of fact I was a vegetarian for more than a year and then I stopped when I had to go back to Argentina. The kind of extra-energy you have while on a vegetarian diet is amazing and a huge difference than when you consume meat.

So I am thinking in going back to this type of diet. Here are some benefits of Vegetarianism:

international QUOTE
Health Benefits of Vegetarianism

Compared with non-vegetarians, Western vegetarians have:

* A lower average Body Mass Index (BMI) (By about 1 kg/m2).
    * A lower mean plasma total cholesterol concentration (By about 0.5 mmol/l).
    * A lower mortality from IHD (By about 25 percent).
    * They may also have a lower risk for some other diseases such as constipation, diverticular disease, gallstones and appendicitis.
    * The evidence available suggests that widespread adoption of a vegetarian diet could prevent approximately 40,000 deaths from IHD in Britain each year.

What are your thoughts on a vegetarian lifestyle?

Vegetarianism
Vegetarianism (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
24th Apr, 2007 - 5:39am / Post ID: #

Vegetarianism

I've often pondered the health benefits of becoming vegetarian. There is a sister in my ward who is vegetarian, mostly by necessity because she - and most of her kids - suffers several very severe allergies to many different substances.. so the best way for her and her family to eat is vegetarian.

Everything I have read points to a much healthier body, a sharper mind, and the curing of things like arthritis and other inflammatory diseases. The problem I have is that it seems there is nearly constant eating to ensure the proper balance of protein and other nutrients; so it would seem to me that there is a huge focus on what to eat, when to eat, how much to eat, etc. In other words, it seems a lot harder to do than keeping to the sort of "standard" western diet. (Just typing that seems like a pathetic rationalization, doesn't it?)

I would actually like to try it out, just to see if it's as difficult as I think it is, and if not, then I would be pleasantly surprised - and probably a lot healthier smile.gif

24th Apr, 2007 - 11:47am / Post ID: #

Vegetarianism Health & Special Psychology

Roz said:

I would actually like to try it out, just to see if it's as difficult as I think it is, and if not, then I would be pleasantly surprised - and probably a lot healthier

If I could do it for a whole year, anybody can do it! laugh.gif I started as I bet for a month and I continued for a whole year. It was great.

Everything I have read points to a much healthier body, a sharper mind, and the curing of things like arthritis and other inflammatory diseases. The problem I have is that it seems there is nearly constant eating to ensure the proper balance of protein and other nutrients; so it would seem to me that there is a huge focus on what to eat, when to eat, how much to eat, etc. In other words, it seems a lot harder to do than keeping to the sort of "standard" western diet. (Just typing that seems like a pathetic rationalization, doesn't it?)

No, is not a pathetic rationalization. I think we are just used to the kind of foods we have eaten for years! It is not that hard to find the right balance of what to eat, it just requires study of each grain and vegetable and once you know what type of grains or vegetables to eat, then you will know what to cook and it will become natural.

24th Apr, 2007 - 1:42pm / Post ID: #

Vegetarianism

Some other obvious reasons to go vegetarian are the insecurity of our "food chain" in the U.S., and the mindless (even brutal) way that animals are raised for human consumption.

What are these animals being fed and injected with? What about mad cow, parasites, E. coli? Where exactly is this food coming from?

The argument for not only vegetarianism, but for raising as much of our own food as we possibly can gets stronger all the time. In my opinion, anyway.

24th Apr, 2007 - 9:30pm / Post ID: #

Vegetarianism

I was a vegetarian for around 18 months when I was a lot younger, until one day I smelled Sunday lunch cooking at my Mum and Dad's and stayed for ahhm (chicken)..sorry to any vegetarians out there!
Since then, I haven't gone back to being a vegetarian, but I do believe now that there is a balance. I eat meat, but smaller amounts than I used to, and I still have a problem when I eat lamb (which is rare), due to the 'cute factor', it makes me feel mean, when I think of this animal!

Post Date: 18th Mar, 2008 - 12:10pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Vegetarianism

Vegan diet 'help' for arthritis

Rheumatoid arthritis patients could reduce a high risk of heart attacks with a gluten-free, vegan diet, a study suggests.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7301188.stm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd Mar, 2008 - 12:05am / Post ID: #

Vegetarianism

Hello my name is dbackers and I haven't had a steak for 3 months (AA reference).

Ok, I am addicted to meat. I love the fat of a steak and the skin of a chicken. Meat addiction is real and I would have a hard time dropping the habit if it was ever required of me.

Could I really become a Vegan/Vegetarian if I had to? I don't know, I really don't know.

Post Date: 24th Mar, 2008 - 2:42pm / Post ID: #

Vegetarianism
A Friend

Vegetarianism Psychology Special & Health

Dbackers I am a burgervour. I need my meat. I have not tried to be a vegetarian at all I am sure I would starve. I know many people say it is better for you and that it can cure or lessen some diseases. I think for now until someone can actually prove it to me that I can live longer then I will continue to eat meat.

Most of the meat I eat is farm raised by locals who are not cruel to their animals at all. Most have large pastures for few cattle so they are more free ranged thus less stressed beef.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (7) »

> TOPIC: Vegetarianism

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,