Vegetarianism - Page 2 of 7

I have been talking to a vegetarian for the - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 10th Jul, 2008 - 12:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (7) »

?
Poll: What kind of Vegetarian are you now or will you like to be?
  1. Pescatarian (also spelled pescetarian) - no meat save fish       7.69%
  2. Flexitarian / Semi-vegetarian - occasional meat       23.08%
  3. Lacto-ovo- vegetarian - no meat but yes for dairy / eggs       30.77%
  4. Lacto-vegetarian - no meat, no eggs but yes for dairy       7.69%
  5. Ovo-vegetarian - no meat, no dairy - yes eggs       7.69%
  6. Vegan - no meat, no dairy, no eggs       23.08%
Total Votes: 13
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Best of  Vegetarianism
28th Apr, 2008 - 12:57am / Post ID: #

Vegetarianism - Page 2

I am a raw vegan. Meaning, my food is strickly vegetables and fruit and of course raw. I have done this for three years. Before that I was a vegan for three years and vegetarian for 35 years before all that. I guess, I have no recollection what meat or fish tastes like. I am 65 years old. Weigh 154 lbs and am 6.3 (190 cm) tall. Never been sick. I mean never. Have no medical doctor, no health insurance either. My food is my medicine, and my medicine is my food. I have curred type 2 diabetise in a matter of 2 months. Totally off insulin. It would take too much time to explain the changes that takes place in peoples bodies and minds when they start to detox after stopping to eat stuff that they call "food". It is not normal for people to be "old" at age 75. We have just started to accept that. Being vegetarian is very simple and the health benefits are very significant. It always amazes me the pure garbage that even LDS people put into their bodies. The WOW is an adapted principle. Adapted so that anybody can have no excuse in not following it. You don't need to concentrate on proteins and all that confusing stuff. It's all nonsense. Just eat a good variety of foods. Don't deep fry. Avoid hamburgers, fries, hotdogs etc. It is all heart attack city and will set you up later in life with major deceases.

Sponsored Links:
28th Apr, 2008 - 1:23am / Post ID: #

Vegetarianism

I congratulate you, that is truly an accomplishment. I wish I could do something like that, but the cost of such foods without a place to grow them makes it near impossible. I doubt I would go to the extreme you have either, but would sustain such over a period of time. Congrats to a healthy body and lifestyle.

28th Apr, 2008 - 3:28am / Post ID: #

Vegetarianism Health & Special Psychology

Hi JB
My wife Barbara is a vegan. She does cook her food but has a fair amount of salads etc in her diet. I always felt like you too. These raw foodests are fanatics and it is anti social and inconvenient. I also said that I would never do that. Well a year later, I just felt a little "sluggish" and read a book about mono fasting. Pick a juice or water and give your system a rest. Kind off like our monthly fasting. The author stated that for those that wanted a little less "extreme" fast could have a small salad at lunch time. Well that appealed to me. So I had a salad and the rest was juice each day. Three weeks later I felt awesome. At that point I realized that I had not eaten anything cooked. And coming off this diet, I really did not want to go back to cooking food. It is at times inconvenient but I cannot argue with the results. Not to mention the clarity of thinking. It is an awesome way to lose weight. Then re-introduce cooked food back into your diet. Costs? Yes it is more, but I grow some veggies (I live in Las Vegas and growing your food is a challenge) But when I see what my buddies spend per month on vitamins, prescription drugs, doctor bills and health insurance, I can tell you my budget is less.

Robert

28th Apr, 2008 - 3:46am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Vegetarianism

I was a vegetarian for some time, but eventually I had to stop because I live in a Banana Republic where food is like buying gold and I could not sustain the variation for health. There are many vegetarians here, but they are not healthy looking, hence I said I could not sustain being a 'vegetarian for health' because it s not a matter of just not eating meat, but also eating properly. I see many vegetarians claiming to not eat meat here, and yet stuff themselves with pastries.

The other thing is I used to lift very heavy weights and the substitutes to keep up the protein requirements was also too costly. On one occassion I payed the price with a busted knee.

Lastly, living in an apartment means I can't plant. Unfortunately I was 'forced' to come back to earth. Occasionally I do a fruit fast or fast without food for the whole day or a couple of days, but because of my lifestyle it does not have much of an impact. I invite you to read this Thread where I talk about some of the things you mentioned: See HERE.

Post Date: 28th Apr, 2008 - 2:55pm / Post ID: #

Vegetarianism
A Friend

Vegetarianism

I think it is the individual who has to decide to be a vegetarian or not. I can sit here and say that I have not taken any sick days from work for myself in well over 15 years. I have taken sick time off for my wife when she was diadnosed with cancer and my sons when they had any sort of operations done. I did take a week off for myelf in vacation time when I had to have surgery for a small hernia. But I was back to work the next week. I do not believe in drugs. I do not take vitamins. I do not supplement my diet with anything. I have seen a docotor for a check up for the first time in over 5 years and I am still healthy. I know I will not be healthy much longer but that is not due to my diet but due to other things. I see clearly and think clearly just as well as most people even vegetarians. I feel that a person needs to be in tune with their bodies and go with a diet that is right for them.

9th Jul, 2008 - 2:57pm / Post ID: #

Vegetarianism

After much thought, I decided to return to a vegetarian lifestyle. My energy level is decreasing and with three active boys at home, I need it!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
9th Jul, 2008 - 4:36pm / Post ID: #

Vegetarianism - Page 2

My thoughts on this are that everything should be done in moderations. Even a good thing taken to extreme can be harmful. Ideally, for me, the healthiest diet is to eat plenty of fruits, vegetables and whole grains with some meats & fish in moderation. I feel healthier and have more energy. If I eat too much meat I feel sluggish and out of whack. But if I go totally veggie I don't feel right either. I will crash midway through my day. I agree with Klar that each individual needs to find what is right for their own body. For me finding a balance is key - both in what I eat and in my physical activity.

Post Date: 10th Jul, 2008 - 12:40pm / Post ID: #

Vegetarianism
A Friend

Vegetarianism Psychology Special & Health - Page 2

I have been talking to a vegetarian for the past couple weeks and we have been comparing notes on what we eat. I find that some of the stuff she eats I have eaten too and truly enjoyed it. I am not sure if I will go on a vegetarian diet but I know that I want to try to lose some weight a little faster. I have looked at my options and how I am eating now. I do need to get more fruit in my diet. I hope as this and next month pass I find something that works for me in getting my body more in tune.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (7) »

> TOPIC: Vegetarianism

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,