White Foreigners In Trinidad - Page 8 of 9

The thing about hairdressers is that they - Page 8 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 19th Dec, 2013 - 11:18pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 9 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 
Another what if I want to live in Trinidad Thread...
Post Date: 13th Jul, 2012 - 5:49pm / Post ID: #

White Foreigners In Trinidad
A Friend

White Foreigners In Trinidad - Page 8

(1) I never said I was against white foreigners but I said I am against the disrespect from white foreigners. Big difference

(2) The "sistas" are free to operate with their "sisterly" selves just that they won't see me around them. I have found a few beautiful "sisters" here and there but let's just say they weren't all that 'sisterly" when one encountered them. A totally unappealing dimension to them when I encountered them at the time.

(3) Trust me not all white women are pale, skinny or bleached. The foreign white women that I know of are known to be delightfully delicious at times. Women from Russia and Ukraine are considered to be some of the most beautiful women in the world and are known to look like models many times over.

(4) I agree we should view foreign whites normally and I agree that foreign whites should not come here and be given preferential treatment over locals when it comes to real estate issues. This is exactly what has been happening with Barbados where the prices for real estate have been known to be so high that only the foreigners and not the local people can afford to purchase real estate.

The reason why I am against disrespect from foreign whites is that I operate with the "local people come first principle" which means that the people who grew up here get first preference on the benefits be it real estate for example that we have here in our land and NOT the other way around.

P.S. Who said ONLY Afro-Trinidadians date or are with foreign white women anyway? The examples I have previously given are all Indo-related though I do know that Afro-Trinidadian men have been known to be with foreign white women here in Trinidad and I must say that I am both happy and proud for them if they most certainly are.

Just don't find someone who will disrespect you in your own land is the principle that needs to be applied. biggrin.gif

Reconcile Edited: IToldYou on 13th Jul, 2012 - 5:52pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Oct, 2012 - 2:27pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Foreigners White

Name: Sumbodee

Title: Really though?

Comments: Let me state this once and for all... Local whites in Trinidad hang out with people who fall into the same social class as themselves.. If you are a rich black / Indian / Syrian / Chinese / mixed person, you will be accepted into their social circles because most likely you will live in the same neighborhood, go to the same schools, meet them in extra curricular activities... Its the same as people who go to "Prestige" schools tend to know each other across the board as you meet at different events etc...

I will also say that some people will not go outside of their race because of tensions, others will...it depends on the family and the person...

Foreign whites who have an "Attitude" believing that non-white folks are inferior to them, will get said attitude back or one bordering on defiance and/or hostility.. Treat people with respect and you will get respect in return.... Trinidad is not Barbados or one of these other islands built on tourism so most people aren't going to bend over backwards to please the white foreigner, but they will be courteous and friendly to you if you are that way with them...

as for the person ITOLDYOUSO.. You sound like you are an east Indian from Couva or Caroni or somewhere in ohee-ohoo (faraway place) and you seem very proud of your white girlfriend.. Newsflash... If thats what makes you happy then you can be proud without trying to perpetrate that you have found the holy grail of womanhood... For all we know your white girlfriend could be a mail order Russian bride. It happens.

Post Date: 27th Oct, 2012 - 12:43am / Post ID: #

White Foreigners In Trinidad Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Name: Suji

Comments: well I know this is a little late but I think that you should come to Trinidad because it is actually a nice place to be... The white people in Trinidad to me is not a big deal and I'm from Trinidad. Its just another color of skin, you will stand out a bit but I don't think it will be a jaw dropping amount.

Post Date: 9th Dec, 2012 - 10:30am / Post ID: #

Page 8 Trinidad Foreigners White

Name: Chris

Title: White Foreigners In Trinidad

Comments: One: IToldYou - Well sheesh, you sound like a racist to me. Having a white girlfriend and being related by marriage to white people doesn't absolve you from a ridiculous point of view. No it shouldn't be locals first, it should be PEOPLE first, and the poorest should be helped first. Also it sounds like you lack a lot of respect for white people.

Two: As a white Irish woman who is very very pale, with a son who tans slightly but who's hair goes blonde/green eyes. I wonder how I would be treated, not on a discourse on the negative stereotypes on local and 'tourist' whites. Would we (as a white working class level person currently) be a kidnap risk? Risk of rape and attacks? (I am over- weight and not particularly attractive, would that reduce risk, what about for my son who is very attractive? What is HIS risk of being human trafficked?) Risk of robbery? What difference would it make if I waited until I was a qualified lecturer?

Three: What are the best areas to live in if you earn a working class wage and are a white foreigner? What about if I waited until I was a qualified lecturer? How much would a fast food worker earn, and how much would a lecturer earn?

Four: What is the job situation like for foreign whites in T&T? If I got a job in say, fast food, would I do well as in terms of career advancement? How would T&T people take taking orders from a no nonsense white foreign woman? Are women's rights as developed here as in western europe? If I waited to be a lecturer, is there a demand for English lecturers? Is there a university/college? Are T&T residents interested in educational advancement?

Five: What are rights like for people who are sexually attracted to both males and female? Is there a 'scene'? A pride march? Are foreign whites welcome if there is? Are people generally accepting of LGBTQI people? Will local men/women want to date me for genuine reasons, or just to try to scam me/bed me because I am white foreign and I am therefore a trophy/perceived as rich? I would be seeking a genuine life partner. Will they be accepting that I am extremely unlikely to be able to bear another child?

Six: What are T&T residents' views on disability and white foreigners. How do they view epilepsy? Is there a good children's hospital there. Do you pay for treatment? How do they view behavioural problems etc caused by emotional/psychiatric disorders in children, would they be more angry to him because he is white and foreign? What about when they are older. Are there good psychiatric services there for children and for when he is an adult? What about their views on gender issues with children? Specifically a boy who self-identifies as a girl? What about if he is older and decides gender reassignment surgery is appropriate? Will he be treated with respect? Will his being white and foreign and transgender be 'too much to bear' for T&T locals? Will he be bullied? Is there a GOOD special needs school that will accept a white foreign child, and that genuinely does NOT use physical punishment? Is it a better idea to home-school him? Are there a lot of childrens' clubs that will accept a child as different as him, especially since he is white foreign?

Seven: What are the best parts of being a white foreigner in T&T and what are the worst?

Thank you

P.s. Mulatto is an outdated term, considered as racist in most of the world, a more appropriate word is mixed-race.

10th Apr, 2013 - 10:02am / Post ID: #

Trinidad Foreigners White

international QUOTE
: As a white Irish woman who is very very pale, with a son who tans slightly but who's hair goes blonde/green eyes. I wonder how I would be treated, not on a discourse on the negative stereotypes on local and 'tourist' whites.
My observation is that people tend to ignore foreigners walking down the street and treat them like any other person. There are exceptions to this. Men like to make cat-calls at women when they pass by and white women are no exception. A white girl complained on the papers of electricians doing this. Also, I know of cases on the streets where prices offered to tourists were higher than to locals. This could happen to you if you are buying from street vendors.

international QUOTE
Would we (as a white working class level person currently) be a kidnap risk? Risk of rape and attacks? (I am over- weight and not particularly attractive, would that reduce risk, what about for my son who is very attractive? What is HIS risk of being human trafficked?) Risk of robbery? What difference would it make if I waited until I was a qualified lecturer?

As you stand out, your robbery risk is higher than for a local. Human trafficking of foreign white nationals is not known or widespread here. Working class whites are extremely rare here but I do see a lot of simple folk involved in charity work for the catholic and other churches. Foreign missionaries who are often simple folk are seen on occasion and a part of our history here. I went to a catholic school where many of the older priests were from Ireland and catholic schools used to get Irish and european teachers very frequently. Generally speaking, I see whites in the professions and the private sector.

international QUOTE
hat are the best areas to live in if you earn a working class wage and are a white foreigner?

Nowhere really but the EWMSC has living quarters in its compound with loads of foreigners living in it. They are medical personnel though.

international QUOTE
What about if I waited until I was a qualified lecturer? How much would a fast food worker earn, and how much would a lecturer earn?

Better idea! Lots of foreigners teach at our universities. Salaries should be above $20 000TT. Trinis want to get ahead in life like any other nationality and there are lots of people studying at institutes around the island.
international QUOTE
I got a job in say, fast food, would I do well as in terms of career advancement?

No. In Trinidad, these jobs attract the low income crowd. I think that it's ok as temporary work only.
international QUOTE
What are rights like for people who are sexually attracted to both males and female?

None as it is illegal but tolerated once it's not flaunted and done in the closet.

international QUOTE
Men/women want to date me for genuine reasons, or just to try to scam me/bed me because I am white foreign and I am therefore a trophy/perceived as rich?

You might experience some of the latter. Of course there are people genuinely looking for a mate whithersoever thou goest.

Post Date: 17th Dec, 2013 - 12:28am / Post ID: #

White Foreigners In Trinidad

Name: Sam

Title: Moving to Trinidad

Comments: So I've been offered a job as a hairdresser in Trinidad and I'm from the UK... White... Male... I model as I'm well groomed and pretty looking for a boy which makes me stand out for been gay as well. I'm a little scared to move here and just needed people's opinions on safety

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
18th Dec, 2013 - 1:21pm / Post ID: #

White Foreigners Trinidad - Page 8

Hi Sam, safety is definitely an issue but also if you are openly gay it would also be an issue. Personally, I'm very open minded (Wasn't born or raised here) so it isn't an issue for me at all but Trinidad is very conservative generally speaking (I know, seeing Carnival may fool you in thinking otherwise). We even have an archaic law that stops homosexuals from entering the country.

But this thread is about white foreigners in Trinidad. I would say it could be an issue if you like to show off jewelery or money or cars then you would definitely be a target.

19th Dec, 2013 - 11:18pm / Post ID: #

White Foreigners Trinidad Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 8

The thing about hairdressers is that they are expected to be gay anyway if they are male. People don't really attack gays here unless they really overdo it. That said, it is illegal but practiced in secret nonetheless.

+  « First of 9 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 

> TOPIC: White Foreigners In Trinidad

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,