Sexy Clothes Worn By Teens - Page 2 of 3

Seeing how teen girls are dressing now-a-days - Page 2 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 31st Jul, 2010 - 9:32pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 29th Aug, 2007 - 2:00pm / Post ID: #

Sexy Clothes Worn By Teens
A Friend

Sexy Clothes Worn By Teens - Page 2

Yes, I agree that teens are dressing far more provocatively. There have been articles on how some teens have banded together to force stores to bring in more conservative attire (thinking of prom dresses).

That's a nice change.

But even in church, I notice many YW now wear clothing which is tight, as opposed to more loose clothing that shows less. Like it or not, it's the fashion, and not so sure it will go away until the fad does as well.

QUOTE (farseer)
How dare you insinuate that all rape victims dress in such a way that they invite this devastating crime.

Rather off topic, but...
I'm not sure that the person was suggesting this. And I am very familiar with the position that rape is not about sex, but about violence. That being the case, I have never found it credible that being scantily clad or acting on a sexually provocative manner did not heighten the risk of being raped. The suggestion that rape is NOT about sex (only violence) is just as absurd to me as the assertion rape is only about sex.

Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2009 - 10:22pm / Post ID: #

Teens Worn Clothes Sexy

Name: Allison

Comments: Teens should be able to wear what ever they please. Teens are going to do what they want when they get older any ways. If a 11 year old wants to dress like a slut, let her. it is her life let her ruin it, society will punish her later.

23rd Jan, 2009 - 3:27pm / Post ID: #

Sexy Clothes Worn By Teens Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

So Alison what your saying id you will let your children do what ever they what and let society deal with it. Interesting choice there, do you think that could have any repercussion on you , the child or society in the long run?

Perhaps you will let them play with live ammo as well after all they will learn it is not wise when they blow of a few fingers or hand right?

23rd Jan, 2009 - 9:27pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Teens Worn Clothes Sexy

Allison, it's interesting that you still think there will be a "punishment" of some kind, only it will come from "society" rather than the parents. So you are:
1. Acknowledging that it's wrong for young girls to dress inappropriately
2. Acknowledging that it should be punished
3. Saying that kids will do whatever they want "anyways"
4. Saying that parents shouldn't try to correct their own children
5. And instead that society should be held responsible for all children's behavior.

So, are you willing to be the "society" that takes responsibility for these kids and punishes them? What is an appropriate punishment for dressing "like a slut"?

30th Jan, 2009 - 8:05pm / Post ID: #

Teens Worn Clothes Sexy

Name: Allison

Comments: Teens should be able to wear what ever they please. Teens are going to do what they want when they get older any ways. If a 11 year old wants to dress like a slut, let her. it is her life let her ruin it, society will punish her later.

Alison, my heart goes out to you after I read your response. Two thoughts entered my mind after I read your post.

1) Perhaps you are a teenager who does whatever she pleases without any supervision from your parents.

2) You really did not think carefully while typing your response.

Most teenagers believe that they know what is best for them and this is why parents should always have a pulse on what their teens are thinking, doing or where they are going. A good parent would never allow her daughter to wear questionable clothing because if she truly loves her daughter, she would do everything in her power to protect her. No parent wishes to hear from a friend or a response from the public that their daughter dresses like a slut. Parents groom their kids to love themselve and to show respect for others as well as themselves by dressing appropriately. Even if a daughter wishes to rebel and believes that her clothes are appropriate, it is the parent's duty to explain to the teen, why her clothes are not acceptable for her to wear. Parents possess a hindsight about the dangers that are lurking in the outside world. Teens believe that they are invincible and no one can harm them. They may not even realise by dressing in a questionable fashion, may attract the "wrong attention" that is, from perverts, rapists etc.

Although I have to agree with you when you mention that as the teen grows older, she will wear whatever she wants. However, if the parents instill good values in her, the teen will "outgrow" her rebellious phase and may start thinking in a mature and sensible fashion. Parents must emphasize the importance of dressing appropriately when going out. For instance, if the teen daughter wants a summer job, who will hire her if she is dressed like a slut? What would the potential employers think when they see the teen dressed inappropriately? This is why parents should always be close to their kids and monitor at all times. Sometimes when teens dress inappropriately, it is usually a cry for attention or a sign of very low self esteem. Leaving society to "punish" your own flesh and blood can be equated to a parent allowing society to prevent their children from using drugs.

30th Jan, 2009 - 8:13pm / Post ID: #

As always Geenie your answers open me to a big item that is a root cause. Self esteem your right on the money their as dressing like that is looking for approval outside of ones self.

Post Date: 31st Jul, 2010 - 8:47pm / Post ID: #

Sexy Clothes Worn Teens - Page 2

Name: Mom

Comments: I see some mom's working themselves up about what their daughter wants to wear but they're are know different. Its like do as I say and not as you see me do. Toddlers might by that but teens are way smarter than that.

Post Date: 31st Jul, 2010 - 9:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Sexy Clothes Worn Teens Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 2

Seeing how teen girls are dressing now-a-days it is quite interesting. To think that they are in high school and already there are guys much older then them oogling at them in hopes of seeing more. This should tell the girls that maybe they should dress better but I guess many do not see it or they are blind to it. I think it was said best when I over heard a couple girls adjusting them selves and making sure their "Boy magnets" were on full display. This shows that many of the teen girls know what they are doing and are willing to put themselves on display in an attempt to get something. I hope some of their friends tell them the attention they are seeking may not be in their best interest.

I think parents should take heed to this. I do believe that some girls dress "slutty" as a sign of not getting attention from home or low self esteem. They dress this way to get what they are lacking as a way to try to make themselves feel better.

+  1 2 3 
Thank you for your continued support of our Community.

> TOPIC: Sexy Clothes Worn By Teens

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,