H1B Visa - Page 2 of 2

Daishain is correct. Its not only about blocking - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 21st Apr, 2017 - 7:10pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
USA Immigration - H1-B
21st Apr, 2017 - 2:40pm / Post ID: #

H1B Visa - Page 2

Trump has specifically mentioned hiring people abroad even if its as simple as telemarketing. Since this visa is for professionals I can see tech giants forming overseas companies and hiring the locals there to do the same work they would need to do in America. I don't thi k that is sustainable and lessens our access to the briliant minds out there.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 87 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 8.7%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Apr, 2017 - 3:17pm / Post ID: #

H1B Visa
A Friend

Visa HB

Agreed, make it tougher for such people to do work here, and they won't. Companies that work abroad benefit, and America suffers for it as yet again we fall behind in the few things that were once actually a strength of ours.

Post Date: 21st Apr, 2017 - 4:02pm / Post ID: #

H1B Visa
A Friend

H1B Visa History & Civil Business Politics

I am not sure I agree. Many people seem to want to come to America and they will find all sorts of ways to get in and then never leave. Yes it will make it harder for some people to get here and make it hard for some companies to get foreign workers in instead of local workers to work. Just my take.

21st Apr, 2017 - 4:24pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Visa HB

I can agree with that for the uneducated and unproductive but from my understanding this visa is for people who have fine tuned skills that aren't available here in America. While I know we have briliant minds here if someone wants to sell us their brilliant mind rather than sell it to the enemy or the competitor in another country then why not? Thats how you stay on top.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 87 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 8.7%

Post Date: 21st Apr, 2017 - 5:22pm / Post ID: #

H1B Visa
A Friend

Visa HB

Hunter,

Yes, I agree with your assessment to some degree and these are the second and third order of effects that sometimes people who make policy don't think about. We will lose access to some of the best and brightest. That said, we'll still have an immigration policy that favors those people and although they may not H1Bs, they will immigrate using other programs… just not as many. But, could that be good for some of the unemployed in the US? Many of these immigrants are will to work for quite a bit less than US citizens, and that costs our citizens their jobs.

Post Date: 21st Apr, 2017 - 5:26pm / Post ID: #

H1B Visa
A Friend

H1B Visa

H1Bs are generally experts in their fields. And very very few of them are going to accept a lower wage than what we pay their American equivalents. We don't compare favorably in that regard.

We're bringing in these people because the supply of worthwhile local candidates is low. Immigration bills won't fix that, that's an education problem.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 21st Apr, 2017 - 5:51pm / Post ID: #

H1B Visa
A Friend

H1B Visa - Page 2

Daishain,

Some of the companies I work with here hire H1Bs for some pretty technical IT type engineering work. Now, due to the nature of what I do and for whom I do it, H1Bs cannot work on any project I have… but the contractors tell me they could save us a lot of money if we used H1Bs. I assumed that was because of lower salaries. And percentages of saving they talked about were significant… again, although that didn't matter due to the nature of the work.

21st Apr, 2017 - 7:10pm / Post ID: #

H1B Visa Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

Daishain is correct. Its not only about blocking visas but making sure there is local replacements. Usually these things are phased out rather than simply cut off. Still I think the way all of this will be done will hurt more than benefit America in the end.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: H1B Visa

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,