The Psychology Of Money - Page 2 of 3

For me it also show how human so blinded by - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 16th Sep, 2023 - 4:30am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 

?
Poll: Do you honestly believe that no amount of money can change your position or standards?
  Yes       55.56%
  No       44.44%
Total Votes: 9
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Psychology Of Money
What Are You Willing To Do? Read the WHOLE of the FIRST POST before replying as it is the main basis for this VERY interesting Topic.
9th Jul, 2007 - 11:29am / Post ID: #

The Psychology Of Money - Page 2

I was waiting for that comment; Money being the root of all evil.

This is a phrase that excuses people from being what they aren't.

When I posted my first monologue, I was very aware of it being about "me". There was not much psychology behind my post, except what my own experience taught me.

But, as a philosopher, I see the matter in a wider context. If money is the root of all evil, the society that embraces money is, likewise, evil!

This is ridiculous, because society is not evil. Individuals can be evil, and evil can exist within a society, but society itself is not evil.

blah, blah, blah.

To speak of evil v's good is to open discussions on theology, morals, and ethics. I want to stick to the point of this post: The psychology of money.

We all know the phrase, "The haves, and the have nots". We categorize people by this tenet. You are worthy, or you aren't. (following this sentence, I typed lots on the american influence to the rest of the world, but it became quite negative, so I deleted it. Suffice it to say... without parentheses)....

When is enough, enough?

A woman journalist in america refused to report on the doings of Paris Hilton. She was fired from her position. The same day Paris was freed from prison, a wildfire in northern California left many people homeless, a sextuplet birth was recorded, thousands of Africans died of disease. The Himalaya glaciers receded by two metres.

The psychology of money.

Scientists put the rate of global warming against the destruction of rainforests in Brazil and Indonesia, the depleting of fossil fuels, and the population explosion. My TV presenters were more worried about whether the national rugby team were still better than the Australians. Rugby is a professional sport, as is soccer, tennis, golf, tiddliwinks, and.... yep... it's now a professional sport within online gaming.

The psychology of money.

It doesn't matter one whit whether you are religious, moral, ethical, or green: the fact is, money has an impact on your life. If you have little, or lots, the end result remains the same: you need it!

The root of all evil is not money, it's how we perceive money, and unfortunately, we perceive it as being necessary to survival. Such is the way of modern existence.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 3 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.3%

Sponsored Links:
9th Jul, 2007 - 1:45pm / Post ID: #

Money Psychology The

Philosopher, you make a classic mistake that most do when they use the phrase, and I would add it is nothing religious here - it is all psychological because the quote you use is only part.

In fact you keep using the half quote all the time by saying:

Money being the root of all evil

No! The quote is this...

The LOVE of money is the root of all evil.

Many often forget the verb and just hit the noun thus showing the mindset inherent - the focus is on the money, but it is not - the focus is where your love resides. In my first example the husband showed where his true love resided - it was not for his wife and thus the outcome of the storyline.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3209 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

7th Oct, 2007 - 9:23pm / Post ID: #

The Psychology Of Money History & Civil Business Politics

Maybe the reason for her refusal to get naked and show her clean undies was because she lied about them being clean wink.gif

Because this scenario was just a skit, it is not necessarily how "real" people would react. This was all scripted. However, I do believe it is probably a close call.

Interesting.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

7th Oct, 2007 - 10:00pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Money Psychology The

I honestly believe that the 'script' is not at all far from the truth, and I have unfortunately been witness to such episodes where it involved not only money as the prize but some simple offering (like a hamper or tickets) and people would literally get violent. With that said, you did not say what you would do FarSeer.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3209 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

7th Oct, 2007 - 10:15pm / Post ID: #

Money Psychology The

Sorry. I would not take of my clothes for $2,000,000 (two million dollars) in front of a group of people, even if I hadn't lied about my undies being clean. If my husband insisted, I would walk out - of the room and on him.

$2,000,000 is not worth a lifetime of shame and humiliation in the aftermath of that kind of episode.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 8th Jul, 2017 - 7:13pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

The Psychology Of Money

Systematic research investigates effects of money on thinking, behavior. Scientists have presented results from three experiments that systematically explore money-priming effects, finding inconsistent evidence for the effect of money primes on various measures of self-sufficient thinking and behavior. Source 5o.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
25th Apr, 2020 - 1:33pm / Post ID: #

The Psychology Money - Page 2

Money makes people do things they would not normally do, especially those who don't have it. I will freely admit to being open to doing a lot more things the higher the amount goes. Some things I wouldn't do, like harm an other person mentally or physically on purpose. But if no one gets hurt, it's something I might consider.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 58 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 5.8%

16th Sep, 2023 - 4:30am / Post ID: #

The Psychology Money Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

For me it also show how human so blinded by this number called money to forget what is the worth or the value or the precious to the point they undermine the worth and value to increase the number, just like how currently we destroy our precious resource just so it can increase more the "Number" rather than the resource.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 20 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 2%

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: The Psychology Of Money

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,