Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Ron Paul Quotes
USA As President of the USA
Post Date: 6th Jul, 2007 - 10:56am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Ron Paul

Ron Paul Says Privacy Rights and Freedoms Don't Include Abortion

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul is little known outside his Texas congressional district or to libertarians who backed his quixotic third party bid for the presidency in 1988. But to those who know him, the obstetrician combines his views on freedom and liberty with a pro-life perspective. Paul told attendees at the National Right to Life convention recently that his views on abortion were solidified as a young doctor in training. It was then that he saw a colleague leave a newborn infant to die rather than providing emergency medical treatment because he believed the baby had no chance at living more than a few hours. For some libertarians, the view that government should be limited means that it shouldn't prohibit abortions or put any limits on them. Paul disagrees. Asked by the Spartanburg Herald-Journal newspaper in South Carolina to spell out his abortion views vis-a-vis his views on the right to privacy, Paul says they go hand in hand. "You have a right to privacy in your home - I don't want any cameras or any invasion in the home. Your home is your castle in a free society," Paul explained. At the same time, "That doesn't give you the right to kill a baby in the bed." "If there is another life involved, and that crib happens to be the uterus, the issue is not telling the woman what to do. The issue is whether there's another life," Paul said.
Ref. Source 9

Sponsored Links:
26th Nov, 2007 - 7:59pm / Post ID: #

Paul Ron

Guess what... Ron Paul has a new supporter - The Bunny Ranch Brothel. It seems like Ron does not believe that government should regulate the activities of Brothels and so the owner of Bunny Branch Brothel is even willing to make a public appearance to show his support.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3208 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 27th Nov, 2007 - 4:35pm / Post ID: #

Ron Paul
A Friend

Ron Paul History & Civil Business Politics

Ron Paul is much more of a libertarian than a Republican. I really like this guy. Leave the morals to the individuals, less government control, less taxes, less government is better. Love this guy! To bad he doesn't stand a chance of getting the nomination.

28th Nov, 2007 - 8:03am / Post ID: #

Paul Ron

This guy somewhat reminds me of Ross Perrot. He is saying all the right things, but unfortunately he has one huge flaw. It really is too bad that this flaw is what does make a difference if even on the subconscious level. He just really isn't that good on TV. He is not the most charismatic guy, best looking or even has a good voice. It's too bad that this has such a bearing with voting as I do think his ideas are exactly what people are asking for.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Post Date: 28th Nov, 2007 - 5:05pm / Post ID: #

Ron Paul
A Friend

Paul Ron

Your right on the money V. He isn't a great speaker, and he looks rather silly at times. Even when what he is saying is brilliant, he sounds rather silly still. If he had Bill Clinton's panache he would be a shoe in for the republican nomination. Though, Bush wasn't and isn't a good speaker easy and often says silly things.

Post Date: 28th Dec, 2007 - 11:15pm / Post ID: #

Ron Paul

Republican Candidate Ron Paul Says He Supports State Pro-Life Ballot Proposals

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- Republican presidential hopeful Ron Paul said on Thursday that he back the efforts by pro-life advocates in several states to get personhood amendments on the 2008 state ballot that would legally define the beginning of human life at conception. Such measures could end up prohibiting all or most abortions and protect unborn children from harmful scientific research. LifeNews.com has previously profiled campaigns for personhood bills or ballot measures in Colorado and Georgia. Pro-life advocates are also trying a second abortion ban in South Dakota. Paul, a pro-life Texas congressman and an OBGYN who was a flight surgeon in the military, said he supported these pro-life efforts. "The right of an innocent, unborn child to life is at the heart of the American ideals of liberty," he said. "My professional and legislative record demonstrates my strong commitment to this pro-life principle." In the statement sent to LifeNews.com, Paul restated his belief that these state-level measure were more appropriate ways to combat abortion since he doesn't think they should be addressed on the federal level. "Under our Constitution, the states have the duty to protect citizens against murder, and protecting the unborn from having their right to life violated is no exception," he said. Paul indicated he would fight to make sure state abortion bans are upheld.
Ref. https://www.lifenews.com/nat3560.html

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Feb, 2008 - 12:12pm / Post ID: #

Ron Paul

Ron Paul Scales Back Campaign, Won't Endorse John McCain for Republican Nod

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- Ron Paul has officially scaled back his campaign for the Republican nomination for president, but he says he is unable to endorse likely GOP nominee John McCain. Paul hasn't suspended his campaign like Mitt Romney or quit the GOP race but issued a video over the weekend to his supporters saying his focus is changing. In the statement to supporters, Paul admitted that his ability to play a role in a potentially brokered convention is gone. "With Romney gone, the chances of a brokered convention are nearly zero," Paul said. "But that does not affect my determination to fight on, in every caucus and primary remaining and at the convention for our ideas, with just as many delegates as I can get." Simple mathematics may have also gone into Paul's decision to focus on keeping his Congressional seat -- as he faces a challenger in the primary election in early March. "If I were to lose the primary for my congressional seat," he said, "all our opponents would react with glee, and pretend it was a rejection of our ideas. I cannot and will not let that happen."
Ref. https://www.lifenews.com/nat3726.html

Post Date: 27th Apr, 2011 - 1:43am / Post ID: #

Ron Paul Politics Business Civil & History

Internet polls, prepare to be spammed: Ron Paul running in 2012

Ron Paul is reportedly tossing his hat into the 2012 ring, which if nothing else means he will soon be running #1 in every internet poll on the planet. Paul is a giant in the Libertarian movement but not necessarily the favorite choice for mainstream conservatives. What are Paul's chances of success in the primary? Ref. Source 4

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Ron Paul

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,