Canada Marijuana Laws

Canada Marijuana Laws - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 30th May, 2017 - 12:51pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Canada Regulations flawed? Canada's Pot Possession Laws Unconstitutional
Post Date: 14th Jul, 2007 - 11:32am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Canada Marijuana Laws

JUDGE RULES CANADA'S POT POSSESSION LAWS UNCONSTITUTIONAL

A Toronto judge has ruled that Canada's pot possession laws are unconstitutional after a man argued the country's medicinal marijuana regulations are flawed.
Ref. Source

Sponsored Links:
16th Jul, 2007 - 4:19pm / Post ID: #

Laws Marijuana Canada

I guess the law is the law so we need not to let this guy off but charge the Doctors with trafficking and the sick people with possession. Where is the Judge coming from!

Nail the person with possession and fine him or what ever. If there is an issue with what the Doctors are doing then open a new case for that and lay charges or changed federal law to meet what is required but do not let this joker off!

Post Date: 17th May, 2016 - 1:20pm / Post ID: #

Canada Marijuana Laws Health & Special Psychology

Canada's plans to legalize marijuana contravene UN's international conventions, say experts

The Canadian government's plan to legalize marijuana contravenes its current legal obligations to the United Nation's international drug-control conventions, states a new expert commentary. Ref. Source 5g.

17th May, 2016 - 7:39pm / Post ID: #

Laws Marijuana Canada

I don't see why marijuana is regulated like other drugs. The benefits and drawbacks of marijuana use are almost identical to alcohol. From my perspective the only reason marijuana is banned is because the cotton industry was worried in the beginning about hemp overtaking it. I have never smoked, eaten, inhaled, or imbibed it any form or fashion because it is illegal, but from all the research on its deleterious effects and all the arguments I've heard both for and against it, I have yet to find something that can't be drawn as a parallel to alcohol. It kills brain cells, so does alcohol. It impairs judgment, so does alcohol. It is a 'gateway' to harder drugs, so is beer to harder liquors (These are both nonsensical on purpose). You are just as likely to become 'addicted' to THC as you are to alcohol (Which both seem to be genetic predispositions). If society is okay with alcohol being legal, then why not legalize marijuana and make tax money off of it? Just my two cents.

17th May, 2016 - 11:52pm / Post ID: #

Laws Marijuana Canada

Two wrongs don't make a right. If you allow marijuana then people will only march for something stronger. What are the statistics on marijuana in Canada anyways? How many use it for a medical reason compared to just getting a high?

Post Date: 13th Apr, 2017 - 5:34pm / Post ID: #

Canada Marijuana Laws

Canada announces legislation to legalize marijuana for recreational use

The new federal laws will make the possession of small amounts of pot legal throughout the country. Ref. USAToday.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Apr, 2017 - 10:34pm / Post ID: #

Canada Marijuana Laws
A Friend

Canada Marijuana Laws

I have a major problem with the idea that someone who smokes marijuana is just going to go for a harder drug. As someone who has smoked pot (Until recently I lived in Washington state, where it is legalized medically and recreationally), and the people I know smoked it. While some of them were dealing with an addiction to the effects of it, none of them would ever touch harder drugs. I would never do harder drugs. Ever. I've been in a position where I've been offered them and was pretty horrified. Perhaps some of my position comes from having a father who was a seller and an addict for many years, until he met my mother and has been clean since. He was always honest with me about the negative effects of them and how they changed his life, not in a good way.

The main difference between marijuana and other drugs are the effects on the brain. I went from smoking it every day with my father (Who was recommended to use it for his cancer/rapid weight loss, as other appetite stimulants cause water retention and he had high blood pressure) to not smoking it at all pretty much over night. The reason I could do this is specifically because marijuana does not affect the dopamine receptors in the brain like other drugs. Heroin and meth activate these receptors which adds to the high but also increases the addiction. Other drugs cause withdrawals when you stop taking them; marijuana does not. I've known plenty of people who smoked it once or twice with friends, and don't have any desire to do more (Which again, is due to the dopamine factor). Other drugs you simply cannot try once and walk away.

The war on marijuana comes partially from hemp, as said before, but also from the pharmaceutical companies who want to push prescription drugs, many of which DO have addictive and dangerous qualities. One example is my ex-fiance's mother, who hated marijuana fiercely but popped oxycodone like pills. Six, seven, eight times a day to the point where the drugs had begun to break down her brain and she was losing her mind. In one of my psychology classes we went over the addictive effects of oxycodone - namely that it can be as addictive and damaging as heroin. In fact oxycodone is considered the 'white man' drug epidemic, due to the likelyhood of doctors prescribing it to richer white people who then become addicted; whereas black communities are often stereotyped as being poorer drug communities and are far less likely to have doctors prescribe them 'pricier' medications like oxycodone.

I see the crackdown on marijuana in Canada and the US as sort of an expensive and pointless battle. In Washington and Colorado, marijuana has been legalized by the states and is condemned by the Federal government - and yet it is already regulated by the Federal government. The marijuana shops have very strict regulations set down by, you guessed it, the Federal government. So while the US government condemns it, they are benefiting off of it. And the States that legalized it do benefit too; part of how it was passed in the first place was that all the money raised through marijuana sales that belonged to the States would be put toward the Education fund, which raised millions of dollars for their schools.

As for negative effects, many studies claiming to have discovered the bad effects of it have a fine print, and that's is that the subjects in these studies are often taking other drugs like heroin or prescribed medication. The illegality of it has not given scientists a chance to fully explore the negative effects on subjects who are ONLY doing marijuana and no other drugs. The studies that do exist are often singular, and further studies to confirm their research have yet to be done.

There are many gray areas still, but this is a topic I research and continue to research continually. I believe it does have its own addicting effects, namely to the habit-forming aspect of it, but it does not cause an addiction in the same form as most other drugs prescription and illegal. There could even be more medical benefits but we aren't going to discover them yet in the US. If Canada is legalizing its recreational use, then we may very well live to see reliable studies of its uses.

Post Date: 30th May, 2017 - 12:51pm / Post ID: #

Canada Marijuana Laws Psychology Special & Health

Legalizing marijuana will harm health of youth in Canada, study shows. The Canadian federal government's bill C-45 to legalize marijuana in Canada will jeopardize the health of young people and Parliament should vote against it, argues a new article. Source 7n.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Canada Marijuana Laws

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,