Temple Of Flame - Page 3 of 7

Probably best not to disturb the grave site....might - Page 3 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 6th Sep, 2007 - 4:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Closed
Book RPG Share Book RPG
6th Sep, 2007 - 10:32am / Post ID: #

Temple Of Flame - Page 3

The Dice Master says...

Great to have you on board Vincenzo. Blackheart, looks like you have your five now. Vincenzo, you would have chosen to save the monkey initially?

Sponsored Links:
6th Sep, 2007 - 11:45am / Post ID: #

Flame Temple

Hmmm...this is getting interesting. I am not 100% sure about following the monkey, who knows he may just want to show you his friends at the jungle or even some bananas! BUT I trust that he may have something interesting to show, maybe a secret passage or some sort of treasure.

I say: Follow the monkey.

Post Date: 6th Sep, 2007 - 1:41pm / Post ID: #

Temple Of Flame
A Friend

Temple Of Flame Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Follow the monkey. Not so sure a monkey has the reasoning ability to know that the hero is a friend or foe (kind of doubt that). But IF this monkey has this reasoning ability, then perhaps it might be useful.

Rather off topic, but...

Of course it is your call, but I am running a text based scenario with only three and I am the narrator of the storyline.

And we surely will all die (or at least one of us). Wondering why you entertained such a foolhardy lot.

6th Sep, 2007 - 2:26pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Flame Temple

I cannot help but believe we were to save the monkey in the beginning. However, I think that that was a test to determine if we were basically good or bad and will lead us in that direction. We shall see...

Plus, if we get stuck in the jungle, the monkey is dinner!

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 6th Sep, 2007 - 2:27pm

6th Sep, 2007 - 3:05pm / Post ID: #

Flame Temple

Most animals are smart enough to know you saved them from death, so I think Follow That Monkey!

A back door is my true hope one that is perhaps not full of booby traps. Treasure I have less hope of.

Post Date: 6th Sep, 2007 - 3:46pm / Post ID: #

Temple Of Flame
A Friend

Temple Of Flame

UPDATE 3

I wonder if monkey tastes good... Ahem, anyway, let's follow the monkey.

Something is clearly amiss for the monkey to become so excited. You heft the rock he was sitting on and hurl it through the undergrowth in the direction you had originally intended to go.  It lands with a dull plop and soon sinks from view. If you had not heeded the monkey's warning you would have blundered straight into a patch of deadly quicksand!

As you continue on your way, he runs alongside you and shows you the path of firm ground that takes you safely past the treacherous quicksand. With your new companion, whom you decide to call Minki, you head onwards through the jungle. After a little while you come to a trail of sorts, presumably beaten through the thick tropical undergrowth by the savage natives of the region. Although you hope to avoid any encounter with them, your hand never strays far from your sword hilt.

The  trail  soon  brings  you  to  a  lichen-stained boulder  sculpted  to resemble  a  squatting figure with features that are both fierce and less-than-human.  This weathered statue is clearly not the work of the natives.  It has stood here for thousands of years and is a relic of the Ancient Empire of the Katak theocracy. Your knowledge of archaeology  is  limited,  but  if  you  read  certain glyphs and baroque flourishes correctly then this statue  marks  the  grave  of  an  Anku  nobleman. Possibly the treasure that would have been interred with him still remains undisturbed to this day. Will you try to push the statue aside and open the grave (turn to 140), or will you press on towards the lost temple (turn to 31)?

Guess we won't have monkey tonight for dinner, but hey, at least we didn't die on the quicksand. laugh.gif

So, what to do now, investigate the grave or go straight to the temple?

Reconcile Edited: Blackheart on 6th Sep, 2007 - 3:49pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 6th Sep, 2007 - 4:08pm / Post ID: #

Temple Of Flame
A Friend

Temple Flame - Page 3

Straight to the temple. We can always come back and search the grave marker. But if it's booby trapped, we stop before we even get to our main goal.

6th Sep, 2007 - 4:26pm / Post ID: #

Temple Flame D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 3

Probably best not to disturb the grave site....might upset someone! Off to the temple.

Rather off topic, but...
OH...by the way...monkey brains are a delicacy in some countries. Not that I have tried them!

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: Temple Of Flame

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.