Shocker: Men Attracted To Pretty Women

Shocker Men Attracted Pretty Women - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 3rd Oct, 2007 - 8:56pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Top  Shocker Men Attracted Pretty Women A German study reveals how men are attracted to women and find that women chose based on expectations.
Post Date: 4th Sep, 2007 - 9:24pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

A study in Germany has concluded that men are attracted to "hot" Women. Commentators are suggesting that the conclusions mirror what just about everyone already knew. Source

No word on whether these German scientists are going to next try to tackle the difficult question on whether men enjoy physical contact with women as well.

Noteworthy: They also found that women are NOT similar to men, in that women have an expectation and will pick a guy based on that expectation, not just whether the guy is the best looking guy out there. In fact, women will NOT accept dates from men whom they believe are "Too good looking" For such women.

Shocker: Men Attracted To Pretty Women (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
5th Sep, 2007 - 7:23pm / Post ID: #

Women Pretty Attracted Men Shocker

I am not too surprised to learn about this. Men tend to be more visual than women. I attended a seminar a few years ago about professionalism in the work place. What stood out the most in this seminar was, the guest speaker spent a lot of time on how important it was for women to dress in appropriate apparel for work. She went on to explain that you could be the most industrious woman in the work place but if you dress in a provocative manner, men will remember what you wore and on what day you wore a sexy outfit, rather than, how much profit you are generating for the company.

But there are a few guys who like a combination of beauty and brains, whereas, there are men who prefer all beauty and no brain at all. Men who prefer all beauty and no brains, feel more secure since the woman will not pose as a threat to their intelligence. In addition to this, men enjoy the adulation they receive from beautiful women and not to mention, they love the attention it generates from their male friends.

Participants ranged in age from 26 to their early 40s and took part in "speed dating," short meetings of three to seven minutes in which people chat, then move on to meet another dater. Afterward, participants check off the people they'd like to meet again, and dates can be arranged between pairs who select one another.

I wish I could meet someone to explain how effective this "speed dating" is. I am very sceptical about this method because of the time frame involved. How can anyone make a sensible decision, when choosing a potential mate. How much can you learn about someone in seven minutes? Unless cupid is there to guide you! And my main concern about this is, what happens if you meet a pathological liar? I don't know, I guess I am just old fashioned I suppose.

No word on whether these German scientists are going to next try to tackle the difficult question on whether men enjoy physical contact with women as well.

I love your sense of humour Tortdog! Nice thread by the way!

6th Sep, 2007 - 12:01am / Post ID: #

Shocker: Men Attracted To Pretty Women Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I usually wonder if these people are actually paid for these kind of "studies".

MOST men (in my opinion) always go by looks, the woman can be the most uneducated or "dumb" of all but as long as she is gorgeous, that's all they care in the end. Pretty much "Keep smiling but keep your mouth shut". laugh.gif

6th Sep, 2007 - 5:24pm / Post ID: #

Men may be attracted to "pretty" Women, but beauty can only go so far in a relationship. I believe most men will initially choose a women based on a physical attraction, but they quickly need other things from a women. In my case, kindness, an outgoing personality, love of children was what persuaded me to marry my wife. Her "Hotness" as the article says is a very great attribute of my wife, but it is her personality that created the bond that has lasted for the last 11 years.

There are plenty of "pretty" women out there that I could never have dated for long when I was single. If there is nothing good behind the beauty then the beauty actually becomes a turnoff really quick. I believe that's why Hollywood marriages usually do not last that long. Sure they are both "hotties", but there is not much substance behind the facade.

Post Date: 6th Sep, 2007 - 7:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

One thing I've taught my sons is NOT to assume a girl will not date them because they think she is "too pretty." I've learned that often these girls are NOT asked out, since guys are intimidated.

This study shows that girls, themselves, don't accept dates from guys they view are too good looking. Weird, but understandable I suppose.

6th Sep, 2007 - 8:26pm / Post ID: #

Speaking from a female perspective, I believe that the main reason why girls do not date "very good looking men" is because they foresee the heartache in their choice. When guys are very attractive, unfortunately, all girls will notice. Some may even go as far as throwing themselves shamelessly, for a good looking bloke. I believe that the stress involved in selecting someone who is too attractive. I also suspect that the girl may become a little insecure, when other women are flirting with their handsome boyfriend. Not to mention the temptation will always be present for their mate. Therefore, with all these factors involved, I strongly believe, this is the reason why girls refuse dates with good looking guys. The stress and heartache is simply not worth it!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Sep, 2007 - 6:37am / Post ID: #

Shocker Men Attracted Pretty Women

Personally, I think studies like this are a waste of time. It's the "Duh!" factor. Who thought this one up, anyway? And who paid for it? (You KNOW these guys don't work for free.)

As for women not dating men who are "too good looking," I think many of us who have had this experience can state the same conclusion: most of those guys are so preoccupied with themselves that they have nothing left over for the women in their lives. Been there, done that. No thanks.

Less-than-fabulous-looking men are much more interesting, and interested, than their "hottie" counterparts, in my opinion.

3rd Oct, 2007 - 8:56pm / Post ID: #

Shocker Men Attracted Pretty Women Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

Where do you people get these obvious news clips from? Does a study actually have to be conducted to get that conclusion, what is the guy gay or somehing?

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Shocker: Men Attracted To Pretty Women

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,