DBM Wireless Signal

Dbm Wireless Signal - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 21st May, 2013 - 3:19am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Signal strength
17th Sep, 2007 - 2:13am / Post ID: #

DBM Wireless Signal

DBM Wireless Signal

I was amazed that information related to DBM Wireless Signal strength is so hard to find. After some searching I found this and I hope it is helpful for you too. ( I use a Merlin V620)

international QUOTE
The signal strength for all received packets. The color of this parameter's progress bar provides a visual interpretation of signal strength.
Value:

"¢Excellent (green): -57 to -45 dBms (75 to 100%)

"¢Good (green): -75 to -58 dBms (40 to 74%)

"¢ Fair (yellow): -85 to -76 dBms (20 to 39%)

"¢ Poor (red): -95 to -86 dBms (0 to 19%)

"¢No Link

Sponsored Links:
24th Jan, 2008 - 3:07pm / Post ID: #

Signal Wireless DBM

I have never thought to actually do a lot of research in this area. I have always just measured strength as a probability for packet loss. The weaker the signal the more likely you will be loosing packets and making them send again and again to complete the connection. This is what I had always guessed caused a weaker signal connection to slow down. Back to basics, the law of radio transmission. Thanks for the input as always.

24th Jan, 2008 - 6:01pm / Post ID: #

DBM Wireless Signal Gaming Video & Issues Computer

The info above let's me know where the antenna needs to be placed. Before that I used to try and second guess via internet speed tests, but that is not accurate since signal strength and wireless bandwidth are two different things.

Post Date: 6th Mar, 2010 - 9:37pm / Post ID: #

Signal Wireless DBM

Name: TheOneTrueDoofus

Comments: Found this on wiki.... Oddly, like you said, a Google search doesn't do as well as I had hoped it would have. However, a simple modification of the search term originally used yielded this. Hope it helps those who were curious as I once was:
Source 6

Post Date: 21st May, 2013 - 3:19am / Post ID: #

Signal Wireless DBM

Name: Stylus

Comments: I was searching looking for this information:

international QUOTE
Excellent (green): -57 to -45 dBms (75 to 100%)

Thank you so much for providing it as it is so useful for antenna placement for those of us who aren't lucky enough to be near city areas.

> TOPIC: DBM Wireless Signal

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,