Fashionably Leave Food On Plate

Fashionably Leave Food Plate - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 12th Oct, 2007 - 11:24pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
12th Oct, 2007 - 6:05pm / Post ID: #

Do you know people who Fashionably Leave Food On their Plate? They eat their meal and just leave at least two or three spoonfuls on the side each time rather than eat ALL. Do you see anything wrong with that? Is it a quirk or habit?

Sponsored Links:
12th Oct, 2007 - 6:08pm / Post ID: #

Plate Food Leave Fashionably

Well, sometimes I do that and there is nothing fashionable about that. I just cannot eat more and if I do, I would feel upset. I do not think is a quirk or a habit, sometimes a necessity because you are full to the max!

12th Oct, 2007 - 6:13pm / Post ID: #

Fashionably Leave Food On Plate Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I have a friend who grew up in a very well off family and he if out will usually leave some food on his plate a little of every thing. He says it is a compliment to the chef. Though I doubt the chef sees the dirty dishes.

In other cultures I know that is is also done to help feed the working staff in days of old. You had a great meal and left some for the dish washer as they were usually very poor.

My wife usually leaves food but that is because she gets too full to comfortably finish it.

12th Oct, 2007 - 6:30pm / Post ID: #

I am not talking about an occasional thing or even on occassion, I am taking about doing it with everything, a desert, a drink or any food. For instance you go to Mc Donalds and leave a few fries back. You are eating peas and rice and leave some of each back - never can clean the plate.

12th Oct, 2007 - 8:39pm / Post ID: #

If an individual is feeling full and cannot eat another bite, then there is nothing wrong with leaving back a few spoonfuls of food. I do not think it is a quirk or habit. Most likely, the person is feeling full to the gills. In fact, I read an article in a Cosmopolitan magazine that some diet experts, actually encourage people who are on a diet, not to eat everything on the plate. This is serves to discourage overeating.

Sometimes, it depends on what is left on the plate. I remember going to a friend's house for dinner. She served cornish hen, steak, baked potatoes, macaroni pie and green salad. I chose to have the steak, baked potatoes and the green salad. Unfortunately, I could not eat all of my steak and a quarter of a potato, so I left them on my plate. I remember my friend asked:

"What's wrong with the steak? Are you on a diet or something?"

She was so offended that I left back the steak. I gently tried to explain that it was delicious but my stomach would explode if I took another bite. Do you know, she was so upset and convinced that I did not enjoy her cooking?

There is nothing wrong with leaving a few spoonfuls but if half the food is left on the plate, look for a dog or cat to feed the remains. Leaving back so much food may be considered offensive for the host (especially if he/she prepared the meal).

12th Oct, 2007 - 9:16pm / Post ID: #

Okay Geenie, if you did that at every meal (leave back some of your food) then would you begin to think next time that maybe you will not take as much so you do not leave back any? If not, then why would you leave it back at every meal?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Oct, 2007 - 10:12pm / Post ID: #

Fashionably Leave Food Plate

So JB you met my Mother in law when you lived in Manchester? laugh.gif

This is exactly what she does every time she eats something. She can be really enjoying the food and tucking it all away until she gets to around 2 tablespoons worth, she throws the knife and fork down and declares that she couldn't possibly eat anymore!

I can't fathom the mentality of it, especially when it's painfully obvious that she could really eat the lot. She is a slim woman, so it's not a weight issue involved here either- I think it must be something that has been drummed into her when growing up, and she's just kept repeating the habit.

Sorry for sounding mean, but it's pretty hard to keep a straight face watching her do this.

12th Oct, 2007 - 11:24pm / Post ID: #

Fashionably Leave Food Plate Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

international QUOTE (DianeC)
So JB you met my Mother in law when you lived in Manchester?

One can never know, but I have found this to be more common than people think. I like that you used the word "Habit" because I think that is just what it is… some kind of tick, quirk or maybe a subconscious self-assurance to self that you have had enough. I do not think that the people who do it really realize it.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Fashionably Leave Food On Plate

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,