Over 1/4 Of USA Homeless Are Veterans - Page 3 of 5

Homeless Veteran Gets Apartment Just in Time - Page 3 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 2nd Jan, 2015 - 4:23am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Post Date: 31st Mar, 2013 - 9:04pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Over 1/4 Of USA Homeless Are Veterans - Page 3

What makes homeless vets stick to rehab?

Marine officer's master's thesis looks at predicting success, failure for homeless vets. Ref. Source 7

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 20th Mar, 2014 - 11:30am / Post ID: #

Veterans Homeless USA Over

Mentally ill homeless vet 'baked to death' in scorching 100+°F NYC jail cell:

A mentally ill veteran was "Basically baked to death" In his Rikers Island jail cell last month as temperatures reached more than 100 degrees, a New York City official told the Associated Press. Ref. Source 9

Post Date: 11th May, 2014 - 2:36am / Post ID: #

Over 1/4 Of USA Homeless Are Veterans History & Civil Business Politics

Many Iraq-Afghanistan War Vets Struggle to Find Enough Food: Study:

"We found that 27 percent of veterans who served in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan don't have consistent access to sufficient food," Study leader Rachel Widome from the University of Minnesota, said in a university news release. Ref. Source 5

Post Date: 1st Jun, 2014 - 9:11pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Veterans Homeless USA Over

Leaving Homeless Person On The Streets: $31,065. Giving Them Housing: $10,051.:

Even if you don't think society has a moral obligation to care for the least among us, a new study underscores that we have a financial obligation to do so. Ref. Source 9

Post Date: 18th Jun, 2014 - 11:12pm / Post ID: #

Over 1/4 Of USA Homeless Are Veterans
A Friend

Veterans Homeless USA Over

I am understanding why some vets are homeless. It is not that they do not want a home it is getting to be where they can not do the upkeep of their homes. Simple chores like mowing the lawn or shoveling snow can be hard. With many kids in this era not wanting to make money by offering to mow or shovel without charging $40 or $50. I have sons who are in late teens and early 20s but I still have to pay someone to do my lawn as I am to the point it is hard for me to do it.

Plus look at the vets who are suffering form PTSD and are very unsociable. To be in a house and part of a neighborhood where people avoid you is not healthy or in a apartment where one is not able to cope with the feeling of being cooped up in a box. Or waking your neighbors up by screaming in the middle of the night after you are visited by some of the nightmares no one can understand unless they were there too.

I believe there is a lot we can do for our homeless vets to help them out physically and mentally but it may take some time to get them readjusted to society where they can actually live in a house again.

Post Date: 19th Nov, 2015 - 4:11pm / Post ID: #

Over 1/4 Of USA Homeless Are Veterans

Business donates $2,000 to help build homes for disabled veterans

Carpet One has teamed up with the Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers Foundation by donating $2,000 to help build 46 custom smart homes for amputee veterans across America. Ref. Source 9g

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Nov, 2015 - 1:26pm / Post ID: #

Over 1/4 USA Homeless Veterans - Page 3

Personally I believe that the fact that there are any homeless veterans is ridiculous. As a country we'll spend billions of dollars on fighting a war, billions more on baling out companies that practically don't pay taxes, but then spend, at least comparably, nothing on making sure that veterans that fought in those wars and for those companies rights to get the physical or mental help to re-adjust to a non-combat oriented life, so they are stuck, unable to get a job due to the mental or physical trauma brought on them.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 0 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0%

Post Date: 2nd Jan, 2015 - 4:23am / Post ID: #

Over 1/4 USA Homeless Veterans Politics Business Civil & History - Page 3

Homeless Veteran Gets Apartment Just in Time for Christmas

Army veteran Tony Jones has been homeless for nearly a decade. Ref. Source 5g

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Over 1/4 Of USA Homeless Are Veterans

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,