Net Neutrality - Page 2 of 2

I think that a ISP should prevent a person - Page 2 - Web Design, Hosting, SEO, Client Help - Posted: 28th Apr, 2017 - 4:12pm

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?     New: 1 49 122 Why Join Help Register/Login via:Register/Login via:
Welcome Guest

+  1 2 
Post Date: 28th Apr, 2017 - 1:57pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Diplomat
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 13,503
Avg: 7.4 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 36,901.18 FP
Charm: 222

Net Neutrality - Page 2

If the FCC is now wanting to repeal net neutrality that will mean more costs for everyone who wants to be on the internet. This is not a good move to keep internet access affordable or free for many.

Post Date: 26 July 2017 - 6:30 am / Post ID: #

Being king is not much fun if no one knows you are one. -- Unknown
Post Date: 28th Apr, 2017 - 2:06pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Author
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 3,045
Avg: 23.9 Post(s) / Day
[+] Gain: 49,627.00 FP
Charm: 102

Net Neutrality Help Client SEO Hosting Design Web

So, I have read through this and I've read about net neutrality and I have to admit that I just don't understand it. To me, net neutrality doesn't sound very neutral. Is there a simple explanation I can find somewhere? Perhaps someone knows of a net neutrality for dummies site?

Post Date: 28th Apr, 2017 - 2:38pm / Post ID: #

Premium Author
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 785
Avg: 13.0 Post(s) / Day
[+] Gain: 1,271.73 FP
Charm: 68

Page 2 Neutrality Net

Core concept is that all information on the internet should be treated the same way by ISPs. Much like the principles of freedom of speech or press, it has both positives and negatives.

As a downside, it keeps ISPs from cracking down on, for instance, sites that host viruses. But it also ensures that corporations and governments cannot determine what information is spread among internet users.

Given that the internet hosts the closest thing we have left to good sources of news, I consider that an absolutely vital principle to protect.

Post Date: 28th Apr, 2017 - 3:21pm / Post ID: #

Member Writer
[?] CPosts: 228
Avg: 0.1 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 1.9%
[+] Gain: 260.55 FP
Charm: 2

Neutrality Net

I think the net can be kept neutral and still enforce malicious intent once its proven. There just needs to be balance.

Post Date: 28th Apr, 2017 - 3:43pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Author
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 3,045
Avg: 23.9 Post(s) / Day
[+] Gain: 49,627.00 FP
Charm: 102

Net Neutrality

Okay, that is an excellent explanation. Easy to understand… which us old dogs need. And I think Coder has a point. Much like freedom of speech doesn't provide the right to go into a packed movie theater and yell fire, I guess net neutrality doesn't give the right to introduce malicious code.

Post Date: 28th Apr, 2017 - 3:46pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Diplomat
Lifestyle

Page 2 Net Neutrality

Yes there needs to be balance to everything. I want the internet to be available to all and have those that seek to cause lawness in it to be stopped. Freedom of information and not have that censored is good in my book.

Post Date: 28th Apr, 2017 - 3:53pm / Post ID: #

Premium Author
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 785
Avg: 13.0 Post(s) / Day
[+] Gain: 1,271.73 FP
Charm: 68

Net Neutrality - Page 2

Oh, they can go after people who break the law and spread malicious code. Well, at least as much as international laws and jurisdiction allow.

What we're talking about is whether or not an internet service provider can prevent a user from accessing certain content.

Post Date: 28th Apr, 2017 - 4:12pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Diplomat
Lifestyle

Net Neutrality Web Design Hosting SEO Client Help - Page 2

I think that a ISP should prevent a person from accessing certain content. The information that is out there can be good or bad but it is the person who is wanting the information that can take the information whether good or bad and turn it into something worse. That is not a fault of the information that is the fault of the person. Just like any tool can be dangerous in the wrong hands so can information but that is not a good reason to keep information under wraps.

Guest please SHARE: "Net Neutrality" on:

+  1 2 
Sponsored Links:

If Net Neutrality is not what you are looking for then you may wish to Start A NEW Topic.
Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
, please check your grammar before submitting. ?

Enable Smilies  Enable Signature

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: Net Neutrality

Share:

Like:

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2017
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits

Latest Topics

Key: Background for Upgraded Members
Updated every 5 minutes See More

Latest Member Intro

Newest Members

Updated every: 31 minutes

World Issues

USA vs North Korea:
North Korea Nuclear Weapons
versus USA This country is no Iraq. What is the USA going to do? What will be the outcome? By KNtoran 1.6 Day(s) Ago
USA vs Germany:
Germany versus U.S.A. By Abnninja 1.8 Day(s) Ago
USA vs Syria:
versus U.S.A. Is Syria the next Iraq? By Abnninja 1.8 Day(s) Ago
Japan vs North Korea:
North Korea versus Japan versus War With Japan By investigator 4th Jul, 2017 - 10:29am
Russia vs. Syria:
Syria vs Russia By Abnninja 27th Jun, 2017 - 10:32pm
China vs USA:
USA versus China versus Chinese versus Americans The role of its Army, Politics, and Status in the World. By Abnninja 2nd Jun, 2017 - 10:12pm
North Korea vs South Korea:
versus North Korea Vs. South Korea By Abnninja 23rd May, 2017 - 8:52pm
North Korea Military:
Discuss  North Korea Military This Thread is about the North Korean Military itself - the kind of army, navy, and air force they have. By Abnninja 17th May, 2017 - 3:03pm
China Military:
China Military Technology Preparing For China. China is growing their military. China Military Technology - can it keep up with the US? By Abnninja 5th Mar, 2017 - 5:25pm
China Navy:
Chinese Aircraft Carrier
China Navy Beware the new Naval power, they are planning to come on stream with big naval might to match their ground forces. Chinese Aircraft Carrier - Chinese Navy By News 17th Dec, 2016 - 12:39am