Mt. Hope Hospital

Mt Hope Hospital - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 11th Sep, 2008 - 3:42am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 

?
Poll: Will you go to Mt. Hope Hospital for any kind of medical treatment?
  Yes       75.00%
  No       25.00%
  Not sure       0.00%
Total Votes: 4
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Would you go there?
Post Date: 18th Mar, 2008 - 11:21pm / Post ID: #

Mt. Hope Hospital

Mt. Hope Hospital

Yet another person dies today in Mt. Hope Hospital. The main poll here reflects the question: Will you go to Mt. Hope Hospital for any kind of medical treatment?

Sponsored Links:
18th Mar, 2008 - 11:26pm / Post ID: #

Hospital Hope Mt

No!. In the past I thought they were pretty good with children until I saw this baby who died of meningitis after two different doctors checked him! shocked.gif

No, no way I am going to Mt. Hope.

20th Mar, 2008 - 11:10pm / Post ID: #

Mt. Hope Hospital Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Well the 'head guy' at Mt. Hope (did not catch his name) said (TV6 News) that he would bring his family to Mt. Hope and that although they are not perfect they get most things right. He also said that the thousands that are serviced at the hospital are not counted as a positive for the health system.

20th Mar, 2008 - 11:13pm / Post ID: #

Hospital Hope Mt

JB:

international QUOTE
Well the 'head guy' at Mt. Hope (Did not catch his name) said (TV6 News) that he would bring his family to Mt. Hope.

Oh, where they were going before? A private hospital? sneaky.gif.

2nd Apr, 2008 - 9:26am / Post ID: #

Hospital Hope Mt

We recently had some distasteful experiences at Mt. Hope, check my private Blog HERE (Need Mature / Upgraded status).

27th May, 2008 - 2:33pm / Post ID: #

Mt. Hope Hospital

Another baby died in Mt. Hope, how many need to keep dying until someone shuts down the facility and a PROPER investigation takes place?

Tracey Frederick, 22, says she wanted her son 'to be somebody."

This was her statement moments after the death of her baby boy yesterday.

Frederick, 22, of Factory Road in Diego Martin, has blamed the staff at the Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex in Mount Hope for her son, Omarion's death.

According to the death certificate, Omarion died from chronic lung disease.

The baby, who would have been three months old today, was born prematurely, through C-section, at Port-of-Spain General Hospital on February 27.

Frederick said she received a telephone call around 6.55 am yesterday, from a nurse, who told her that the doctor needed to see her.

Not expecting to hear that her son had died, the woman said she told her husband, Brent James, 22, to visit the doctor instead, because she had to take her daughters to school.

However, Frederick said she had asked if her son was doing well.

The woman said she was informed that "everything is okay."

Frederick said no one told her son had died.

The young mother said she even told her husband to buy some pampers and soap for the baby, because she wanted to give him a bath yesterday.

She said when she called her husband on his cellphone, he told her the news.

Frederick said Omarion needed extra support to breathe.

Noting that his heart rate had to be monitored, Alexander said her son also had to be treated for jaundice.

She said, however, that her son had overcome those problems.

Frederick said she visited the clinic in Port-of-Spain about two weeks ago, because Omarion was "breathing fast."

An X-ray later revealed "a cloudy area in his chest," she said.

Frederick added that she was given a letter to take the baby to Mt Hope, where he was admitted for pneumonia after a second X-ray.

She said he had to be treated with antibiotics. However, Frederick said:

"They was treating my son for the wrong thing...That is why my son died."

She and other family members could not understand why he died from chronic lung disease if he was being treated for pneumonia. ..

https://www.guardian.co.tt/news3.html

Recent cases in the same hospital:

November, 2007, Jeremiah Noel was snatched from his mother's bedside at the Women's Hospital by someone who claimed to be a nurse.

July, 2007, Marlene Maharaj and her husband Rodney Hayde's child died while en route to the EWMSC.

May, 2007, three-year old Aleisha Telfer died at the EWMSC, almost 14 months after being diagnosed with cancer of the stomach.

April, 2007, Baby Justin Paul suffered second-degree burns after a hot water bottle, wrapped in a towel was placed in the incubator at the EWMSC.

January, 2007, Baby Samuel Walcott died ten hours after he was born in the Women's Hospital, Mt Hope.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Sep, 2008 - 6:49am / Post ID: #

Mt. Hope Hospital

I thanked God when Mt Hope became free for everyone. Yes people (children and babies too) have died but as someone said earlier, thousands access the services and survived. If we would to shut hospitals because people died, there will not be a single hospital open today in the world. Yes the service is slow and frustrating a lot of the times but I feel sure enough that when my son or wife needs to be in the hospital at 2 in the morning, they will be seen about.

11th Sep, 2008 - 3:42am / Post ID: #

Mt. Hope Hospital Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

Personally I would not give birth to a child there because of the horrible stories I have heard from many people. It is truly scary to hear about the facilities and treatment of the nurses and staff.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Mt. Hope Hospital

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,