Trinidad Child Protection Services - Child Abuse - Page 2 of 4

Name: Crystiff Country: Comments: I know of - Page 2 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 18th Jul, 2012 - 4:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Trini Children Victims The number of children in Trinidad & Tobago suffering silently on a daily basis because of mental, physical and s-xual abuse most often by those who should be their protectors and care givers is staggering.
28th May, 2010 - 1:34am / Post ID: #

Trinidad Child Protection Services - Child Abuse - Page 2

Rena, that's the purpose of the question Rasta asked. There is actually not such a thing as Child Protection Services in Trinidad and Tobago.

3rd Apr, 2011 - 1:11pm / Post ID: #

Abuse Child Services Protection Child Trinidad

According to the Minister of Social Development Dr Lincoln Douglas, there are new child abuse laws coming and hope to be implemented by this year along with Children's Authority, an organization that is being created right now, staff, the policy framework and all the rules necessary to give them the power to act on behalf of children, whether it is physically removing them from danger, providing assistance or the laws to prosecute people. They're also working on legislation with regards to adoptions.

international QUOTE
MINISTER in the Ministry of the People and Social Development Dr Lincoln Douglas says his ministry is working assiduously to deliver a package of legislation this year which deals with the protection of children from s-xual and other forms of abuse.

Douglas says included in the package is the long-awaited Children's Authority Act, 2000, which was amended in 2003 and was partially proclaimed.

He was speaking in Skinner Park, San Fernando, yesterday, at a march against child abuse, under the "Break the Silence" blue teddy campaign, an affiliate of the Institute of Gender and Developmental Studies.

"We (the ministry) endorse in a strong way the objectives and the purpose of this march, primarily because it deals with the most vulnerable of our population and, as we say in development, a nation is marked not so much by how much money it has, but by how we treat the most vulnerable in our population," Douglas said. Source 2

Post Date: 10th Jan, 2012 - 3:01pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Child Protection Services - Child Abuse Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Name: Security

Title: Child Protection

Comments: I find this very disturbing, my children's father took them for the school holidays, 16-12-2011 to 8-1-2012. On the 8th January 2012 I called him and ask what time are you bringing the children,he said they are not coming back, I then replied are you mad they have school tomorrow, he said they will be transferred to another school and hanged up, I tried calling back but he switched off the phone [cell].The following day he kept his threat of not bringing my children.The next day I went to the Sangre Grande Police Station to make a report, the officer at the desk told me they can't do anything and I should go to the courts, by this this time all I was studying is what going on with my children and what I will do if something happens to them. A friend told me they must take a report so try Arima Police Station, they did take one and also called his work place and they said he works there but he called in sick,but they had no address for him a [RED FLAG]I would say, but they cant do anything else with out something from the courts. Why in this country we always have to wait on till something bad happens to react.here children living there hold life with one parent and out of the blues decides the other parent, on there own is time for a change and you are telling me there is nothing the police can do or is un-willing to do about that. Come people don't let this happen to another parent, call on children groups,the police commissioner and the government to put priority on these reports don't wait on till our children are hurt mentally or physically, before the authorities take each report seriously.

15th Jan, 2012 - 11:09pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Abuse Child Services Protection Child Trinidad

According to TV6 News a mother reported that her 7 year old daughter was sexually assaulted by a 65 year old male relative who is now missing and a warrant has been issued for his capture.

Post Date: 8th Feb, 2012 - 4:40pm / Post ID: #

Abuse Child Services Protection Child Trinidad

Name: Security

Title: Mother

Comments: Is it not against the law for someone to keep children out of school? Since the year started my two children have not been to school, this is after there father took them for holidays 16th December 2011, he called me on January 1st 2012 to say he not bringing them back, I filed for custody the matter was set for February 5th 2012, during that time he made them say they are going to school,only to find out after the hearing from the probation officer's assistant at Sangre Grande that they are not in school, because I have to sign them out of their present school first I got so angry if I had known that I would of ask the magistrate to have him leave them with me until the matter is settle. I ask[ed] the assistant probation officer if its not against the law to keep them out of school she replied yes but they can't do anything I should go to the police which I did, once again they told me they can't do anything I give them the probation office number the Police officer called after which he told me I should go back to the Justice of the Peace who in-turn told me she can't do anything it's already a court matter. [note the next hearing is April 5th 2012]

8th Feb, 2012 - 5:40pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Child Protection Services - Child Abuse

That's a real difficult position to be in but I can't understand why in the interim they can't make the father send the kids to school - court matter or not. I hope a good resolve come of it.

14th Jul, 2012 - 1:50am / Post ID: #

Trinidad Child Protection Services Child Abuse - Page 2

The police gave a clear warning today that if you are a parent in the home where a child is being abused and do not report it to police then you can be arrested and sent to jail. They sited a woman who was recently sent to prison for six months for failing to tell the police about the abuse her daughter faced at the hands of a relative.

Post Date: 18th Jul, 2012 - 4:37pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Child Protection Services Child Abuse Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 2

Name: Crystiff

Comments: I know of a child that is being physically abused by his own parents. I have reported it to the police childline and child welfare services but to no avail. What else can I do to help him?

+  1 2 3 4 
Thank you for your continued support of our Community.

> TOPIC: Trinidad Child Protection Services - Child Abuse

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,