TV6 Beyond the Tape - Cops / T&T Most Wanted - Page 3 of 6

QUOTE All in all administering limited corporal - Page 3 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 15th Feb, 2015 - 1:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Best of  TV6 Beyond Tape,Cops / T& T Most Wanted Inspector Roger Alexander
10th Oct, 2014 - 10:59pm / Post ID: #

TV6 Beyond the Tape - Cops / T&T Most Wanted - Page 3

Inspector Alexander did really well in running an episode of Beyond the Tape earlier this evening. What happened to Marlon?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Nov, 2014 - 10:52pm / Post ID: #

Wanted TampT Cops Tape the TV

Name: Mo

Comments: For the Beyond the Tape show there should be more officers than just Alexander. When he speaks he does so from his perspective but not the perspective of all police officers. I think it will be also good to have someone to answer questions from the public that aren't associated with just one task force.

14th Jan, 2015 - 10:26pm / Post ID: #

TV6 Beyond the Tape - Cops / T&T Most Wanted Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

I generally like Beyond the Tape but I think the hosts should keep personal opinions to themselves and stick to being neutral. For instance Marlon saying indirectly that bringing back corporal punishment in school will solve the crime situation is nothing short of ignorant. The problem is the underlying culture from home where dysfunctional families exist and there are no true role models in society. Correct that and you will see crime gradually disappear.

5th Feb, 2015 - 11:28pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Wanted TampT Cops Tape the TV

I understand the Inspector and Marlon's frustrations by saying "Bring back corporal punishment". Is that really the solution? To me it is a rash way of handling immediate problems without getting to the root. An example of this is like saying I ate upsetting food so let me vomit it up. A better solution is to not eat upsetting food - that is actually the root of the problem.

When children act in a violent manner simply beating them (The same thing they already are being accused of doing) is not going to stop the problem. When a child behaves like this an IMMEDIATE investigation by both school and social services should be made to the HOME of that child. If the violence was criminal then the police should be involved, but not just any police officer but ones who were trained in CHILD psychology and not simply five "O" Levels.

The problem here is that cases are simply NOT reported and when they are reported there is no quick measures executed to both investigate and isolate the problem - that is the main problem. People often use the argument that "Licks" In the "Old days" Used to work but that is a lie. I grew up in that era and got my share of beatings with bamboo sticks and rubber or leather belts. I also saw others get beatings for various things. There was one boy I remember that used to get beat all the time to the point the teacher just didn't bother because as the teacher said, "The boy will not react to it." I always wondered what kind of reaction he was looking for from a violent undertaking.

7th Feb, 2015 - 2:27pm / Post ID: #

Wanted TampT Cops Tape the TV

It is both frustrating and perplexing to understand the mindset of Trinidadians. How is it possible that they are unable to see the connection of how they "Discipline" Children in the most violent manner and the fact that these children WILL turn out violent in the future? Really? How is it possible that they cannot see that? And then, they want to punish them for behaving in the manner they do? Why are they surprised?

Our people love to compare themselves with first world countries but let me tell you, the way they deal with disagreement between adults is awful. The way they deal with children is barbaric, and it resembles more the way some uneducated tribes in a little corner in a forgotten country deals with these issues than a first world country.

12th Feb, 2015 - 12:55am / Post ID: #

TV6 Beyond the Tape - Cops / T&T Most Wanted

Today thy had a good show because they invited one of the heads from the police in charge of taking breathalyzer tests. I hope they catch all those drunks and introduce the open container rule - we need safer roads!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 12th Feb, 2015 - 11:54am / Post ID: #

TV6 the Tape Cops / T&T Wanted - Page 3

Name: George

Title: DISCIPLINE OF CHILDREN

Comments: I must agree that many parents here treat their children in a barbaric manner by over stepping the boundaries of acceptable punishment. It is however, in some cases necessary to use corporal punishment when dealing with stubborn and wayward children. I too on one or two occasions felt the whipping of the guava twig(Boy does that sting).

Now as an adult I look back and in some ways I am grateful for such punishment.
It certainly did not do me any harm but kept me on the straight and narrow.
I must however admit I was a very disobedient and defiant child and a parents nightmare and needed some form of serious punishment in order to conform to normal behaviour.

All in all administering limited corporal punishment could have just rewards. I for one at least, understands the rewards. It has made me developed into a reasonable, self disciplined and logical thinking adult.

15th Feb, 2015 - 1:25pm / Post ID: #

TV6 the Tape Cops / T&T Wanted Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 3

international QUOTE
All in all administering limited corporal punishment could have just rewards. I for one at least, understands the rewards. It has made me developed into a reasonable, self disciplined and logical thinking adult.

So being beaten as a child made you a reasonable, self-disciplined and logical thinking adult? Seriously? I'm very sorry but your reasoning isn't logical or reasonable in my view. Do you have daughters? If their husbands beat them when they do something wrong you will tell them that it will help them become more reasonable, self-disciplined and logical in their thinking?

No wonder we have so many women with issues thinking that when a husband beats them is because they "Love" Them because that's exactly what they have been experience since childhood!

And if you think it is okay for parents to do it but not for spouses, what is the difference?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: TV6 Beyond the Tape - Cops / T&T Most Wanted

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,