International Modeling - Your Model Portfolio

International Modeling Model Portfolio - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 19th Jun, 2014 - 8:57pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th Jun, 2014 - 8:57pm / Post ID: #

Get Exposure for Your Portfolio

This is for those of you that have a web site or portfolio online and want to know how you can get 'everyone' to stop and take a look at it. If you think you need more help than what is given below then feel free to contact us!

Follow the steps...

1. First of all, make sure your web site or portfolio portrays the kind of image you want to represent. If it is not done properly, has misspellings, and photos that were taken four years ago then a prospective client will likely be disappointed. Other things to watch for...

_ Do not put hundreds of photos on your site
_ Avoid 'I' - Try to get people to describe you (Testimonials)
_ Make sure to describe what you will and will not do
_ Think simple but beautiful, make sure photos blend with your site.

2. Your site should contain text that describes you. Its title should immediately have your name or stage name. You should have a short domain name that is very catchy and easy to remember.

3. Submit your link to Search Engines. You can do this by going to each of the popular search engines and submitting your site one by one or you can submit them all at once using a free promotion engine. Where do you find such an engine... Do a search in www.google.com with key words; 'submit popular search engines free'. Make sure that your site will be indexed by google, yahoo, excite, alta vista, hotbot, infoseek, lycos and snap to name a few.

4. Submit your link to Forums and Bulletin Boards. Again, its easy to find these, and you can start with this site by posting messages in the forum and board. What's the difference between the two? The forum encourages group chat and you can register your own name and password. There are also added features for people to contact you, whereas a 'post your message' board just has random messages by anyone that visits similar to a guestbook.

FREE Exposure

5. Send your banner and/or link to friends and other web site owners. Someone visiting their site may see your link or banner and decide to visit you too! A great example of this is our BannerX and link exchange page as well as the FREE exposure page where you can post an online ad featuring your photo, link and even a banner if you have one smile.gif

6. Contact some agencies and photographers. Let them know who you are and where your site can be found. Tell them what your goals are and that you are ready to work. Speak with a confident tone and do not use words like; "I think I can", "Probably", "I will see", "Maybe", "I just want a chance", "help me please", "I'm not sure", and others that are similar. You do not want to sound like you are a novice (Even if you are), but like a person that knows where they are, what they want to do, and how to get there. On the other side of the coin, be polite and respectful... Nothing like cheeky comments to get you on the ignore list.

7. Advertise in the newspapers and magazines. We have met many people this way. When you place the ad, be brief and focus on your site. Do not give out private info and if you do use a phone number, make sure that all those who respond to the ad will be answered by someone that will 'weed' out all the 'fakes' and 'undesirables' who are not interested in giving you work.

8. Enter local pageants, contests or do commercials for free. Do anything that gives you exposure without demeaning the image you want to give. If you win a contest it looks good on your CV, especially if it is well known.

9. Try our services section where you can see the number of free resources you can add your web site to... In fact you can even apply for our Model Web Site Award!

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: Thu Mar 28 22:25:42 GMT 2024 / Post ID: #

Add Comment
Looking for more on international modeling your model portfolio needs more feedback briskly to and maybe get a better idea.

> TOPIC: International Modeling - Your Model Portfolio

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,