What If You Could Build Your Own Computer - Page 2 of 3

If I can build my own computer it would be - Page 2 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 29th Sep, 2021 - 1:46am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Hypothetical Question
Post Date: 27th Nov, 2016 - 10:53pm / Post ID: #

What If You Could Build Your Own Computer
A Friend

What If You Could Build Your Own Computer - Page 2

I have a few thinkgs I would want if I built my own computer. Knowing the mother board and the CPU I want would be the first step. Have a quad core with a high speed CPU is a must. Backing that up with plenty of RAM no less than 16G and a good high capacity hard drive of at least 4 TB. That gives me a good start. After that I would be looking at a good gaming graphics card.

Sponsored Links:
14th Dec, 2016 - 8:55pm / Post ID: #

Computer Your Build You What

The Pheonix - $1,500, Elite Gaming Computers
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K
FAN: CM Hyper 212 EVO
MOBO: MSI Z170-A PRO
GPU : Zotac GTX 1080
RAM: Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
HDD: Seagate 1 TB
CASE: Corsair Carbide Series 200R
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA GQ 650W
ODD: Samsung 24x SATA

Or

The Pegasus - $2,000, Elite Gaming Computers
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K
FAN: CM Hyper 212 EVO
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-G7
GPU : Gigabyte GTX 1080 (SLI x2)
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB
SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
HDD: Seagate 1 TB
CASE: Corsair Graphite 780T
PSU: SeaSonic M12II-850
ODD: Samsung 24x SATA.

Post Date: 7th Mar, 2017 - 8:12pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

What If You Could Build Your Own Computer Gaming Video & Issues Computer

I always build my own PC. Buying one stock is just a waste of money. Here's my current one:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor.
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler.
Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VII HERO ATX LGA1150 Motherboard.
Memory: G.Skill Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory.
Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive, Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive, Western Digital Black 5TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, & some 2 TB drive from my old PC with a bunch of gaming books and college papers on it.
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card.
Case: Corsair Air 540 ATX Mid Tower Case.
Power Supply: Corsair RM 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply.
Keyboard: G710 PLUS BROWN
Mechanical Gaming Keyboard.
Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Tunable Gaming Mouse.
Headset: Logitech G35 7.1-Channel Surround Sound Gaming Headset.

If money were no issue, I'd definitely soup her up a bit. As is, she runs really well.

Reconcile Edited: Diarmadhim on 7th Mar, 2017 - 8:17pm

8th Mar, 2017 - 1:20am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Computer Your Build You What

Why do you have 16GB of RAM do you work with huge graphics? I have a simple computer with nothing worth mentioning here but if I did have money I might go for something that was part of Alienware.

Post Date: 8th Mar, 2017 - 12:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Computer Your Build You What

Never buy an Alienware. All you're doing is dropping an extra $500 on a name. I went with 16 gb of ram because I like to stream my gameplay from time to time. I feel it also helps when watching a stream on one screen while playing a game you're streaming on a second screen and surfing the internet on a third with multiple tabs open.

Reconcile Edited: Diarmadhim on 8th Mar, 2017 - 12:59pm

Post Date: 8th Mar, 2017 - 2:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I keep a desktop computer that I assembled myself for gaming, and a laptop for work/study. Have done so for years.

Specs on the current desktop, assembled a little under 2 years ago after the old one's motherboard failed:
-Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro full tower
-Motherboard z97 Gaming 7
-PSU Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 11, 1000w
-CPU Intel i7-5820k (6 physical cores, 6 virtual, at 3.3Ghz)
-GPU Nvidia GeForce 970
-RAM 16 GB Corsair Vengeance
-Cooling Asetek 590LX (Liquid cooling for CPU, attached to a 360mm top of case radiator with 6 fans in a push-pull configuration), additional 2 140mm case fans
-Storage 120GB SSD for OS installation only. Everything else goes onto a pair of 1TB HDDs in a RAID 0 configuration.

I've yet to run across anything that this rig had trouble with, and I've got room to upgrade if it ever does occur. For instance, I could pop another Geforce 970 in there to run the pair together with SLI.

P.S. In response to Krusten, you'd be surprised at how much RAM even low graphics games can suck up if there are a ridiculous number of entities in play. Skyrim and Fallout 4, especially with graphics mods attached, are prime culprits in this regard.

I will partially second the no Alienware warning. It might be worth it to someone that has no idea what they're doing, but still wants a powerful and reliable machine, but I would first suggest trying to obtain the advice of someone who does know in that case.

Also, I actually do have a practical excuse tongue.gif. The Solid Modeling program I use in my profession takes up a lot of resources. My work computer can run it, but completing complex projects is a lot easier and faster on my desktop, especially when it comes to running thermal and fluid simulations.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 8th Mar, 2017 - 2:26pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st Jun, 2017 - 1:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

What You Build Your Computer - Page 2

I personally would look at the most demanding game that I play, such as World of Warcraft or starcraft or even Star Trek Online, and from there I would use the full recommended specs to base my build on. Then go up from there one tier, so that I wouldn't need to upgrade for a good while. But I would of course make sure that the system can run two or even three games at once with combined specs from said games. Us gammers really like our high end systems.

29th Sep, 2021 - 1:46am / Post ID: #

What You Build Your Computer Computer Issues & Video Gaming - Page 2

If I can build my own computer it would be a mac computer. The screen length would be medium. I would buy the most expensive computer if money was not a factor. It would be from apple.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: What If You Could Build Your Own Computer

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,