The Phenomenon Of Northern Lights

The Phenomenon Northern Lights - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 15th Aug, 2014 - 12:30pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 26th Jan, 2005 - 5:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I wanted to post on this topic because I have had the fortune to witness this for myself, and they are so beautiful and astonishing to behold. As described below, photographs pale in comparison to what the actual phenomenon looks like in person.

international QUOTE
Nothing else in the sky looks like the northern lights. The sun and the moon, the stars and the planets are an eternal, regular and predictable part of human life. The northern lights, on the other hand, are transient, variable and unpredictable. Here the cosmos parades its electrical and magnetic forces, and produses colours and movements that are unique in Nature. Photographs are pale, static shadow of the real thing. The northern lights must be seen andexperienced outside, under a still and cold winter sky.  The northern lights, also known as the aurora borealis, can be seen, on rare occasions, almost anywhere on earth...The northern lights orginate in a complicated interplay between the so-called solar wind and the earth's magnetic field.  Website:  Source

For a concise explanation of northern lights called The Northern Lights - Where, When and What, go to: Source

Sponsored Links:
27th Jan, 2005 - 3:32am / Post ID: #

Lights Northern Phenomenon The

I have seen the Northern Lights here in Minnesota but they were not as vivid as some of the pictures from the Alaska website that was referenced here. I do admit that it is a spectacular sight to see in person, and am glad I was able to see it at least once in my lifetime.

16th Apr, 2005 - 2:09am / Post ID: #

The Phenomenon Of Northern Lights UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I can't explain the northern lights myself, but I do like the pictures and I'm sure it will be much more elegant in person. In my opinion the northern lights are the sun's light bouncing off a ripple or fluxuation in the earth's atmosphere and light catches just right, like a rainbow in the drops of water.

Post Date: 15th Aug, 2014 - 12:30pm / Post ID: #

Lights Northern Phenomenon The

Go Northern Lights Hunting In Autumn

The best time to experience the Northern Lights is in Autumn, when the weather is milder and skies are clear. We recommend three places for seeing the aurora borealis.
Source

> TOPIC: The Phenomenon Of Northern Lights

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,