Trinidad Gated Communities

Trinidad Gated Communities - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 20th May, 2008 - 7:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
17th May, 2008 - 2:43pm / Post ID: #

I was thinking, with the recent murder of Damian Subrian a Westmoorings resident visiting a friend in St. Anns who lives in a gated community.... How safe are these gated communities in Trinidad? It seems like nothing stops the criminals here.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th May, 2008 - 3:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Communities Gated Trinidad

You have to remember that a gated community is just another way of saying "HEY look over here rich people live here rob them." The lock was made for one reason and one reason only To keep honest people out. I think a gated community and other means of security is just something extra thieves and other low lifes have to deal with to accomplish their selected occupation. I think they are more likely to pick a gated community because they feel that the upper class people are there and they would not mind handing over a few dollars to help them get things for free.

18th May, 2008 - 4:51am / Post ID: #

Trinidad Gated Communities Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

I like gated communities, I think they are more secure and also a little more pleasant to live in.
Now that said, this case smells like rotten fish to me. I'd like to elaborate but this may not be the time.

Reconcile Edited: bushimdim on 18th May, 2008 - 4:55am

19th May, 2008 - 3:56pm / Post ID: #

There are some pros and cons to gated communities in Trinidad.

First let me list some pros...

You get a nice area and usually some nice neighbors

Now all the cons

You pay a lot more money to live there
You live in a false sense of security that one gate at the entrace to the community is somehow going to protect you from all the criminal elements
Living in such a place makes you more of a target
Gated communities are usually small and you have to put up with lots of kids

Post Date: 19th May, 2008 - 4:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Do the gated communities down there have a private security patroling the area within the gated community? I know most of the gated communites here in the states offer this service that is one of the reasons for living in a gated community.

19th May, 2008 - 8:58pm / Post ID: #

Okay kntoran, I'm going to have to drop another bomb here. This account is my personal experience living in a gated community in Trincity called Sunrise Park. One evening, sitting outside the place I was renting, some guys drove up, to the front of my house, claiming to be police officers sent to investigate a sexual harassment complaint against me.
I let them in, they flashed a warrant too quickly for me to read and stepped inside my home, where they stripped me my T-shirt, slapped me up and left. I made a report to the police and of course, they weren't police officers, the security let them in past the electric gate, and they drove out where they came from.
Though I've reported this, no investigation was ever made, no conviction or allegation of guilt was ever made, no one was tried, and the security officer told me to get out his face basically.
That should clear up some of those types of questions. Lastly, I suspect it had something to do with a song I wrote about these terrorist hopefuls, which I sent to the U.N along with five letters and one week's newspapers.
Anyways that's all I'm going to say about this for now. I mean I don't even know if I could get my hands on the police reports I've made if you understand where I'm coming from.

Reconcile Edited: bushimdim on 19th May, 2008 - 9:01pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 20th May, 2008 - 3:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I am getting a very good picture of the life down there in Trinidad and Tobago. It sounds like a very nice to visit but not one I would be wanting to stay for long.

It sounds like the security that is in place around the gated communities is about worth as much as a cheap lock on your front door. The only people who are going to stay out is the truly honest people. It is sad because in a gated community your paying more to be safer but all your doing is paying more to have thugs come and harass you any time they want. Heck the security is probably part of the thugs organization.

I hope that you and all I consider friends down there stay safe.

20th May, 2008 - 7:39pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Gated Communities Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

Hey man, like I said, I like the gated communities, but you're right about what you think and it's sad. Just that these are the facts, no more no less. Still the communites themselves are really cool, some of them, but like I said these are the facts except sometimes I think maybe some of the residents in the communities may be involved as well. To me it's all a philosophy of constant fear so there's bound to be lots of organized crimes. What I'm saying is it's hard to believe the security guards would be doing these things without some sort of influence or support from someone on the ,'inside,' if you know what I mean.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Trinidad Gated Communities

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,