Cooking With Wasabi Or Wasabi Recipes

Cooking Wasabi Wasabi Recipes - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 30th Jun, 2015 - 11:18pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Discuss  Cooking With Wasabi Wasabi Recipes
25th Dec, 2014 - 7:49pm / Post ID: #

Cooking With Wasabi or Wasabi Recipes

Does anyone cook with wasabi? I've tried this on crackers and it is terrible. I read where the smell of it can equal that of smelling salts!

Image from Wikimedia public domain.

Cooking With Wasabi Or Wasabi Recipes (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
24th Jan, 2015 - 8:25pm / Post ID: #

Recipes Wasabi Wasabi Cooking

I tasted wasabi once and I thought I was going to throw up, I didn't but I did spit it out. You probably need to be trained from young to eat that plant but its absolutely disgusting.

27th Jan, 2015 - 12:20pm / Post ID: #

Cooking With Wasabi Or Wasabi Recipes Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Wasabi is awesome! it is strong yes but has its place and use just like any spicy food. I do not think as a cracker spread it is ideal but in a soup of with Sushi it is really good. Pickled ginger compliments wasabi nicely as well.

Take your favorite greens place in a hot pan with a bit of veggie broth and some miso paste and wasabi (Small amount you only want to add to the mix not over power it) and you have a tasty hot treat.

I like peanut butter picked ginger and wasabi sandwich as well. Heavy on the ginger. Also remember if you have wasabi in your mouth do not breath out your nose will hate you.

27th Jan, 2015 - 2:48pm / Post ID: #

international QUOTE (Krakyn)
Wasabi is awesome!

Oh my goodness you must have a metal plated tongue and iron nostrils.

international QUOTE
I like peanut butter picked ginger and wasabi sandwich as well

Krakyn, I will never see you in the same way again. laugh.gif

Wasabi reminds me of some kind of cleaning chemical, I can't imagine making this a meal. I still have the Wasabi crackers and slowly trying to finish it only because I do not like to see any food waste.

27th Jan, 2015 - 8:54pm / Post ID: #

laugh.gif No the trick is do not exhale with wasabi in your mouth the fumes will burn you nose to the seventh heaven.

I agree wasabi crackers seem unlikely to be tasty. The wasabi covered peanuts are not bad but rather blah in over all taste as the wasabi over powers the nut to much.

In soup or a sauce a small bit of wasabi is nice. Even dissolved into soy sauce mixed to your personal heat level it makes nice stir fries also.

But yes I love Jerk chicken, curries (Caribbean and Indian) and much adore Scotch bonnets mixed with mango in a sauce. So heat does not bug me too bad.

27th Jan, 2015 - 9:18pm / Post ID: #

international QUOTE
No the trick is do not exhale with wasabi in your mouth

Just imagine that you have to control your breathing to facilitate eating a plant, that alone is a turn off. Maybe added as very slight herb might make a difference in a large meal but I doubt if I will be including it anytime soon.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
1st Mar, 2015 - 7:17pm / Post ID: #

Cooking Wasabi Wasabi Recipes

If you didn't grow up eating wasabi then it will be hard to get used to. The taste has to be acquired and on the first try it must have been prepared right or you'll want it banished from your mouth forever.

30th Jun, 2015 - 11:18pm / Post ID: #

Cooking Wasabi Wasabi Recipes Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

I know exactly how JB feels. The thing needs to stay in the ground where it belongs. Once I tasted it and I thought I was taking some kind of hallucinogenic drug, terrible.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Cooking With Wasabi Or Wasabi Recipes

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,