Text RPG Character Creator - Page 21 of 23

I do understand these things require some - Page 21 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 14th Feb, 2017 - 2:09pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 23 pgs.  17 18 19 20 21 22 23 
Closed
  Text RPG Character Creator Our in-house custom RPG creator for Forum Play By Post can be discussed here. It forms the base of holding and progressing your Character for ANY role-playing game system. Best of all it is constantly being improved.
Create RPG Character Dice JB's Maps RP Etiquette RPG Etiquette JB's SRD Game Master GM Stats
21st Dec, 2016 - 5:01am / Post ID: #

Text RPG Character Creator - Page 21

Just out of curiosity and to build a more robust system: when a player edits their character, does that lock the database in a way that a GM cannot edit the GM notes, or is that stored elsewhere? If the player were to open the character for editing, the GM completes his full transaction, then the player saves his sheet, will the GM's change be lost?

Sponsored Links:
21st Dec, 2016 - 12:17pm / Post ID: #
Game Coder
Administrator
Character
Game Master Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Creator Character RPG Text

Ignoble says...

international QUOTE (ICon)
... When a player edits their character, does that lock the database in a way that a GM cannot edit the GM notes

There isn't a specific lock in place. The only time this can occur is if you both are editing and saving at the same time but that would just be a protection to ensure that you don't overwrite data.

international QUOTE
... Will the GM's change be lost?

Your GM notes cannot be touched by the Player and should work for you regardless of what the Player does. In fact, its the other way around… you can lock the Player out of editing their Character.

However, to understand more clearly your situation have you encountered an error while trying to edit a GM box? If so, please let me know what you are experiencing or need.

22nd Dec, 2016 - 4:39am / Post ID: #

Text RPG Character Creator Reviews RPG & Card Board

I didn't experience any error. It was just a database management thought experiment. Please do not take it as doubting your skill.

22nd Dec, 2016 - 4:55am / Post ID: #
Game Coder
Administrator
Character
Game Master Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base

Page 21 Creator Character RPG Text

Ignoble says...

You lost me there ICon, I wasn't thinking you were doubting or analyzing my skill. I thought your question was surrounding an issue you had while editing but I see now you were in fact asking about the mechanics of the Text Role-playing Game Creator.

30th Dec, 2016 - 7:39pm / Post ID: #
Game Coder
Administrator
Character
Game Master Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base

Creator Character RPG Text

Ignoble says...

What I Will be Adding In 2017

I plan to add these as updates to the Text Role-playing Game Creator:

1. Special Avatar options for Premium Members

2. GM Awards for the best Role-players as covered here: Order of the Game Master

3. A section for the Character's Personal Rival which will give the GM lots to work with both in tying in to a current Scenario as well as 'making some trouble'.

5th Jan, 2017 - 11:56pm / Post ID: #

Text RPG Character Creator

All three are really good but I really like the first two the most. I wouldn't mind showing off a cool avatar if they were distinct from the others. It will also nice to see if the Dungeon Master recognizes your part in a game.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
14th Feb, 2017 - 2:07pm / Post ID: #
Game Coder
Administrator
Character
Game Master Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base

Text RPG Character Creator - Page 21

Ignoble says...

Should the current Donation Drive be successful I will be working on #3 first, the others will come at some other time period.

14th Feb, 2017 - 2:09pm / Post ID: #

Text RPG Character Creator Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 21

I do understand these things require some coding work which is all like reading Chinese to me. I'm happy with having those whenever you can and will be curious how everyone uses #3.

Reconcile Edited: Hunter on 14th Feb, 2017 - 2:31pm

+  « First of 23 pgs.  17 18 19 20 21 22 23 

> TOPIC: Text RPG Character Creator

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,