My Little Pony RPG - Page 4 of 4

Hey, no problem I'm sure other people - Page 4 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 2nd Jan, 2017 - 11:18pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  1 2 3 4 
Discuss  My Little Pony RPG
30th Jan, 2016 - 3:08pm / Post ID: #

My Little Pony RPG - Page 4

Why ponies? Its just a question nothing meant by asking it. What's the fun in roleplaying a pony that talks and acts as human? Why not just have a regular human character?

Sponsored Links:
30th Jan, 2016 - 3:51pm / Post ID: #

RPG Pony My

That is like asking a Star Wars fan why they would want to play a Jedi/Sith in a roleplay, or a fan of Star Trek why they would want to play a Starfleet Officer/Crew Member in a roleplay, or even why of fan of Warrior Cats would want to play a cat in a roleplay. It's Fun

Fans of the show often enjoy playing characters that would fit in the world or setting of a roleplay based on a series or franchise, which in the case of My Little Pony means playing a pony character (Or another race seen on the show). In MLP:FiM in particular there are no humans, so playing as such wouldn't really be fitting.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 30th Jan, 2016 - 4:06pm

Post Date: 30th Jan, 2016 - 9:11pm / Post ID: #

My Little Pony RPG
A Friend

My Little Pony RPG Reviews RPG & Card Board

The same argument could be made for Dungeons & dragons. " dwarves/elves/half-orcs? Its just a question nothing meant by asking it. What's the fun in roleplaying a dwarf/elf/half-orc that talks and acts as human? Why not just have a regular human character?" I am not trying to insult you, but help you understand why. Sometimes being something other than vanilla human can be fun. Just because a race does human-y stuff, or acts human-ish, doesn't mean they can just be replaced by humans. Humans can't kick/punch boulders into the distance, fly, or cast spells from a horn on their heads. And some people feel that roleplaying should be about being something other than yourself. I think ponies fit the bill. Sorry if this seems rude, it is not intended to be, but I sometimes come across that way without meaning to.

30th Jan, 2016 - 10:16pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 RPG Pony My

I understand what you guys are saying I guess for me I cannot relate to playing a pony. The examples you used with elves and dwarves yeah they are different but they are still humanoid so I guess there are similarities. Maybe its because I've only seen animals as by the way in any game but in pony game you're giving them front stage.

Post Date: 31st Jan, 2016 - 3:14am / Post ID: #

My Little Pony RPG
A Friend

RPG Pony My

To each their own, and thank you for understanding. Being unable to relate at all to your character would be a major problem.

2nd Jan, 2017 - 11:18pm / Post ID: #

My Little Pony RPG

Hey, no problem I'm sure other people look at and think of all of us as weird just because we like role-playing no matter what the genre.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: My Little Pony RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,