RPG Etiquette - Page 5 of 8

You're so right about that. Who says - Page 5 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 14th Jul, 2017 - 4:02pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Discuss  RPG Etiquette How hard is it to keep RPGs only about RPGs and not your personal interests or schedule. Do not be selfish by trying to hijack an RPG to make it about yourself. How inconsiderate it is to join a game only to simply leave without any kind of notice. How self-centered it is to whine and complain if a game isn't being played the way you want it to go. Everyone needs to ensure they read and re-read the RPG Etiquette Rules so they know how to handle their Post.
Post Date: 16th Mar, 2017 - 5:00pm / Post ID: #

RPG Etiquette
A Friend

RPG Etiquette - Page 5

It is hard at times to play a game knowing what you know vs knowing what your character knows. Some find it easy others not so much.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 16th Mar, 2017 - 5:19pm / Post ID: #

RPG Etiquette
A Friend

Etiquette RPG

Yes, this is one of the most difficult things to do. Would a low level character know what certain creatures are? Maybe not. But a player who played for years would and would know how to fight it even though his character wouldn't.

16th Mar, 2017 - 5:22pm / Post ID: #

RPG Etiquette Reviews RPG & Card Board

With consideration of this, I have many I've seen many people that have argued the summon monster spells or the polymorph spells are too powerful in Dungeons & Dragons but a detail in 1st least a few versions of these spells is actually having a knowledge of that what you want to transform into or summon.

It is with this that I as a Dungeon Master would never allow free access to the Monster Manual, are there character wants to transform into something or someone something that they would not reason would be even know existed or have much to tell about would probably require a couple of additional rolls.

Metagame knowledge of monsters can be especially a problem, since many players have read through the Monster Manuels at least once, so the idea a presenting a challenge that they as players wouldn't know how to overcome and pass onto their characters without the proper rolls or knowledge checks can be a problem.

Post Date: 16th Mar, 2017 - 6:02pm / Post ID: #

RPG Etiquette
A Friend

Page 5 Etiquette RPG

Metagaming defeats the whole purpose of roleplaying to me. Heavily metagaming can easily turn a game into roll playing instead. People are so concerned with their character dying for example. It's part of life. I get attached to my characters but if they fall I move on. I try not to metagame at all. To me it is cheating. I'm not saying I haven't done it before. I just do my best not to.

Post Date: 16th Mar, 2017 - 6:15pm / Post ID: #

RPG Etiquette
A Friend

Etiquette RPG

I think everyone likes their characters and they hate to lose a character but yes it does happen in life and you move on. I try not to metagame and if I do I do not mean it too much. I would say most people do it now and then.

Post Date: 16th Mar, 2017 - 11:34pm / Post ID: #

RPG Etiquette
A Friend

RPG Etiquette

I'm with you two. It's definitely like losing a friend but in the end I can roll up a new friend pretty quickly and see where this new friend goes *wink*.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Mar, 2017 - 10:41pm / Post ID: #

RPG Etiquette - Page 5

My main pet peeve is not roleplaying in the story. To illustrate what I mean picture a winter scene with a character has no blanket, no tent and nothing to start a fire but is ready to camp the night and move forward to the morning. Sorry, that won't work… we need to make some frost bite checks!

14th Jul, 2017 - 4:02pm / Post ID: #

RPG Etiquette Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 5

You're so right about that. Who says we have to be limited by the main task where there is so much to roleplay in between!

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

> TOPIC: RPG Etiquette

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,