Diarmadhim Introduction

Diarmadhim Introduction - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 11th Jun, 2015 - 12:44pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (7) »
Post Date: 25th May, 2015 - 11:18pm / Post ID: #

Diarmadhim Introduction
A Friend

Diarmadhim Introduction

Hi there! I'm looking for play by post games and might eventually be looking for a gaming group in the Raleigh, North Carolina area later this summer... If I move my family biggrin.gif A bit about me - I typically play battlefield control/buffers, but I might try something different. I have a bachelors in business and substitute teach because the economy in my area of Michigan is horrid.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th May, 2015 - 11:20pm / Post ID: #

Middle Ages Facts

Introduction Diarmadhim

Welcome Dungeons & Dragons / Pathfinder Role-Player

Salutations. Be ye a dedicated warrior that seeketh adventure? For Dungeons & Dragons or Pathfinder Play by Post start participating forthwith here: [+] Member Wars Role-playing Game Board where all the Member managed Role-playing Games are located.

Not sure how to put thy right foot in front of thy left? Seek help here: How To Find The Role-playing Game That Fits Me?

Other Medieval Related Role-Playing Games
[+] World of Medieval Play By Post Role-playing Game / [+] Gwynedd Medieval Village Play By Post Role-playing Game

Dungeons & Dragons is NOT the only genre here. For other Role-playing Game genres look at the: Custom Built Text Based Role-Playing Games

Post Date: 25th May, 2015 - 11:22pm / Post ID: #

Diarmadhim Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Hi Diarmadhim! Even if you were to move you still could be in the Role-playing Games in this community. There are players here from all over the world, that's what makes this style of play so easy to participate in.

Post Date: 11th Jun, 2015 - 12:05am / Post ID: #

Diamond Chief
[?] CPosts: 2,938
Flag Posts: 7,000
Avg: 1.3 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 32.7%
[+] Gain: 5,075.94 FP
Charm: 26

Introduction Diarmadhim

Welcome. Sorry for Michigan but if you get used to this place and can keep your posts up please look us up in either World of Medieval, FE or the super hero Role-Playing Games, we need players there too.

Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: Christian (secular) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Thirty Something | Joined: Reg. 18th Jan, 2009 - 9:07pm
Signature:
Post Date: 11th Jun, 2015 - 4:43am / Post ID: #

Introduction Diarmadhim

international QUOTE (Diarmadhim)
My apologies Persephone. I was under the impression that online character sheets were okay - that's all that other site was. It streamlines the information process instead of it being clunky and unwieldy. I have had online Dungeon Master's in the past use it in their games as well as my current in-person gaming group.

Hi Diarmadhim, you really should not edit and edit if that makes sense. If you have any questions please do ask here. From the logs Persephone advised you to read the Constructive Posting Policy as was required on registration. In doing so you will be guided well on what is allowed and not allowed here. Link are not allowed. There is a classified section for that otherwise it is considered spam.

Post Date: 11th Jun, 2015 - 5:20am / Post ID: #

Diarmadhim Introduction
A Friend

Diarmadhim Introduction

I didn't write any links. I did, however, give the name of the site that my character sheet was visible on and shared that searching for the character's first name would bring it up for the Dungeon Master (And anyone else - it was public) to see. That's far different from advertising.

Reconcile Edited: Diarmadhim on 11th Jun, 2015 - 5:21am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Jun, 2015 - 11:34am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,025
Flag Posts: 51,682
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,584.18 FP
Charm: 394

Diarmadhim Introduction

Diarmadhim, let me first of all welcome you to the Community. You have some concerns which you also chose to raise elsewhere. First and foremost I know other social networks have a tendency to allow members to do whatever: post links, post off topic and so forth but this Community is not like that and it is highly structured so it may take some getting used to.

international QUOTE (Diarmadhim)
I didn't write any links.

Well of course not, because when you attempted to the system stopped you. I also removed the links you did add in your profile meant for another Role-playing Game. However, its not just about linking, Persephone edited your Thread:
international QUOTE
Persephone: Besides being against the rules there is a character creator to show your character fully, do not instruct members to join other sites. Please revise: Constructive Posting Policy

This Introduction also acts as your personal Support Thread. Now, by the questions you asked I can see that you did not read any of the requirements you agreed to before joining as they would have already answered you fully: Constructive Posting Policy and Rules. Please do read those, it will save you a lot of time from wondering what is allowed here and prevent Moderation on your Posts.

The next, is your insistence on looking at a Character Sheet elsewhere when there is one on this site. Please allow me to point out a few things:

As the Text Role-playing Game Creator says boldly when you update your Character:

international QUOTE
NOTE: This Text Role-playing Game Creator fits ALL systems because what it does is provides you with a way to keep your Character's information online for anyone to see. You can use this for any Dungeons & Dragons (All versions), Pathfinder, Star Wars and JB's custom Role-Playing Games.

Really, to store information you would only need one box and put all the information there, but this Character Sheet allows you to section it with many boxes. Where a field does not apply you ignore it, however a box may be multi-purpose. For example: "Character Class" Could be for Warrior, Magician, Space Cadet or Detective. In addition to this, you can select styles, avatars and other things that bring your Character to 'life'. To ask questions or comment about this use this Thread: Text Role-playing Game Creator Support

Your current GM also replied to you and said:
international QUOTE (Icon)
All of the info seems to fit fine here.

It is important to understand that one section of this Community is Play By Post. The Character Sheet is meant to be an enhancement only to writing in a role-play style, it is not meant to be a replacement for it. Regardless, if you feel there is something that should be added then please detail what it is in the Text Role-playing Game Creator Support rather than suggest to visit other sites. I will then reply as to if it is something I need to code in or already available.

I hope that helps you with your concerns.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 11th Jun, 2015 - 12:44pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Chief
[?] CPosts: 2,527
Flag Posts: 9,323
Avg: 1.6 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 41.2%
[+] Gain: 715.87 FP
Charm: 159

Diarmadhim Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing

Diarmadhim, relax, and trust me I've been here a long time. They're just trying to guide you so you can get what you need without having to go elsewhere each time. Besides if I were a moderator here I might be the hated soul on the internet. laugh.gif

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Independent
Tenet: Christian (secular) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 15th Mar, 2008 - 12:15am
Signature:
+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (7) »

> TOPIC: Diarmadhim Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,